Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Also, I didn't see it discussed much upthread but; with Donnie admitting that he never had the Comey tapes, and then going on Fox And Friends saying that he said that to mute Comey's testimony- didn't he quite literally admit to witness tampering?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBsPLEz01Qg

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Gowdy also killed this investigation because he's not going to cover for any poo poo Mueller finds.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/878254910621536260

Heh...

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Immanentized posted:

Also, I didn't see it discussed much upthread but; with Donnie admitting that he never had the Comey tapes, and then going on Fox And Friends saying that he said that to mute Comey's testimony- didn't he quite literally admit to witness tampering?

Yes he did

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

:piss:

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

what the gently caress

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Missionary Positron posted:

what the gently caress

First rape case you've read about in America I take it? This kind of thing is pretty common in those trials.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Arc Light posted:

An Air Force Thunderbirds viper crashed in Ohio.

Sort of.

It was taxiing and a gust of wind blew it over.

It was also a familiarization flight, so some local sports star or reporter will forever fear flying. Hope the pilot and guest are okay.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/thunderbird-f-16-military-jet-flips-over-dayton-ohio-air-n776081

https://twitter.com/TheAviationist/status/878375621499420674

How do you even do this? Overrun and try the ol' tricycle powerslide?

e:
please make a gang tag

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jun 24, 2017

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

FAUX4TONZ posted:

Duke Chin posted:

https://twitter.com/TheAviationist/status/878375621499420674

How do you even do this? Overrun and try the ol' tricycle powerslide?

e:

please make a gang tag

SwampDonkey fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jun 24, 2017

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

I honestly thought for some confused minutes that it was some kind thing where Cosby sees her belly button or appendectormy scar or something and goes Ewwwww :flaccid: because he's a weirdo pervert and storms out and whew she dodged a bullet there or something

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mister Sinewave posted:

I honestly thought for some confused minutes that it was some kind thing where Cosby sees her belly button or appendectormy scar or something and goes Ewwwww :flaccid: because he's a weirdo pervert and storms out and whew she dodged a bullet there or something

you are way too optimistic to be living in 2017

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

bird food bathtub posted:

First rape case you've read about in America I take it? This kind of thing is pretty common in those trials.

It's actually pretty hard to get convicted of rape since USA courts put the burden of proof on the accuser+courts and DNA evidence usually doesn't count for much since the matter at hand is whether or not there was consent and often it's the victim's word vs. the defendant's word.

But don't worry, if he gets convicted of anything he'll be held accountable for all accusations levied against him. Source: daily conversations in which I explain to people that their (plea bargain'd) conviction means gently caress all.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Duke Chin posted:

please make a gang tag

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

facialimpediment posted:

WaPo put together the most in-depth analysis of the Russia hack poo poo in real-time, from within the Obama administration.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/world/national-security/obama-putin-election-hacking/?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.2ae1d3fec99f

It's really worth your time. Basically, by trying to not be political and ignoring the fat gently caress screaming about everything being rigged, it all became political and inertia won the day.

code:
Gradually, the circle widened to include Vice President Biden and others. Agendas sent to Cabinet secretaries — including John F. Kerry at the State Department and Ashton B. Carter at the Pentagon
Biden Knew. :smith:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

MRC48B posted:

Biden Knew. :smith:

This story has been making the rounds of Joe Biden telling off a hedge funder that used Beau as a joke. Think of it as a pallette cleanser.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/06/who-is-this-asshle-joe-biden-blasts-hedge-funder-who-disparaged-his-deceased-son-beau-during-public-event/

quote:

Biden — who has been especially close to his family since losing his wife and infant daughter in a 1972 car accident weeks before he was sworn into office as a senator — became emotional and ultimately said “I’m sorry … I’ve said enough.”

“Why? That’s never stopped you before!” Ackman blurted out.

That’s when things got tense, according to those present.

“Who is this assh*le?” Biden asked. “Look, I don’t know who you are, wise-rear end, but never disrespect the memory of my dead son!”

Sources say that Ackman tried to apologize but Biden stopped him, “just shut the hell up.”

Sources dispute the account, however, saying “Biden was in rare form,” and noted, “I can’t believe it has never leaked out.”

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

God drat, that's enough to make me root for the success of herbalife.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

shame on an IGA posted:

God drat, that's enough to make me root for the success of herbalife.

So you support the guy who was an rear end in a top hat to Biden?

Mods!?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

Both of them are responsible. The idea that somehow the actual officer lacks individual responsibility is part of the reason we're in the mess we are.
Responsibility and liability are not the same thing. In the case of non-criminal incompetence, it is appropriate that a civil servant's liability is limited to losing their job.

CommieGIR posted:

This makes no sense. The idea that you are somehow not liable for your actions is baffling, because most officers ARE held liable for their actions. Its literally what the UCMJ is about.
Civil liability and criminal liability are not the same thing.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

M_Gargantua posted:

So you support the guy who was an rear end in a top hat to Biden?

Mods!?

Uhh no Ackman has been tossing money down a billion dollar SHORT of herbalife for five years and counting now it's become one of the longest running epic billionaire dickwaving contests in history at this point.

Also since posting that I've learned herbalife hired Biden's chief of staff to be their communications director leading their defense against Ackman's efforts to tank the company and that might have been the impetus behind this douchery in the first place.

Solid in-depth coverage of the whole saga here:
http://fortune.com/2015/09/09/the-siege-of-herbalife/

TLDR: The Aristocrats!

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
Don't think coz I'm iced out,
I'm cooled off.
A BBC reporter found a memory chip from a phone on the dead body of an effeminate-looking IS fighter in Mosul and decided to track him and his buddies down.

The article has lots of photos from the chip, and is worth the time it takes to read it.

The Secret Lives of IS Fighters

Mzuri fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Jun 24, 2017

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Mzuri posted:

A BBC reporter found a memory chip from a phone on the dead body of an effeminate-looking IS fighter in Mosul and decided to track him and his buddies down.

The article has lots of photos from the chip, and is worth the time it takes to read it.

Good article.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Mzuri posted:

Really good article. Thanks for this

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/878560343802482688

Middle eastern WWI soon?

Edit: also this

https://twitter.com/AJENews/status/878409853215047683

Hot Karl Marx fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Jun 24, 2017

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/mysteriousuniv/status/878574375812857858

When will America start deporting and jailing orcas? This has to stop.

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

only met or was around Beau a couple times

:rip:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Spicey looking slim!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

TBeats posted:

Spicey looking slim!

I'm looking forward to future press conferences being animated sketches like Take On Me.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

White House Says Trump Tweet Meets Comey Tapes Record Request

Trump lawyers claiming a Tweet rises to the standard of official White House communications. Which just digs the hole deeper regarding Trump getting rid of tweets he dislikes, but also super contemptuous of Congress.

This is like my students who think turning in a one line response to their writing partner an hour before the assignment is due is "good enough" to earn them full points. Glad to see Trump has hired attorneys that are at least as lazy as community college students.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Mzuri posted:

Pro-click.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

It's pretty good. I still don't understand what IS is. It bugs the crap out of me. I grew up in the UK in an area that had a high Muslim population, I've lived in several as an adult. Loads of Muslim friends, some of whom I've had for decades. It almost feels like the whole thing has nothing to do with Islam at all. I've got no idea what the hell it is though.

Ah well, I don't have to care that much, the whole thing is pretty much getting terminated in every direction possible.

• Locked thread