Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

TBeats posted:

Knee jerk hot take: the next world war will be over climate change, the US will go down as the bad guys, and we will ironically use a nuke to defend ourselves and end the world.

I also think the Paris Climate announcement will be postponed. Call it a hunch.

Someone mentioned it earlier but WWIII would be reverse WWII. With a German-led coalition storming the beaches of Norfolk, VA to save the world from Trumpism. It will be History's greatest Irony or redemption story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Zeris posted:

Also D&D is totally welcome here / in this thread, I'm just worried they have an inferiority complex with respect to how much we're heroes and they're not.

D&D lurker / sometimes poster here. I actually hold this forum in high esteem when I nearly enlisted 5 years ago during a rough patch in my life. I was talking to an Army recruiter and he was totally selling me on the "sure enlist and then you can work your way up to officer!" Since all I had to show in life was a history degree and a $30K job. (No one wanted me for officer).

I ended up reading the "so you wish to join the military " thread and it told me that enlisting with a degree is stupid and all my ex-military friends agreed. So I went back to school and studied IT. I still don't really like my job but at least I make OK money.

TL&DR this forum saved me from making a big mistake thank you for your service.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Getting blocked by Trump on twitter must be a badge of honor like getting on Nixon's "enemies list" was.

• Locked thread