Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Missionary Positron posted:

I realize that, but I just can't understand why it's coal of all things. Am I missing some cultural context here?

EDIT: https://twitter.com/sparksjls/status/870355669882417152

lol/ :smith:
Like Cile said it's about optics. The tiny little segment of the population that works in rhe coal industry are what the Republicans have been pushing as real Americans because they're White, Christian, and eat up Fox News talking points. They also can't ever get enough coal company dick down their throats fast enough despite the absolute disregard those companies have shown multiple generations of their family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Let's say grace.

Thanks be to the coal company for providing this nutritious squirrel and ketchup soup dinner in my delightful corrugated shack.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Reverand maynard posted:

I want to live in a world where ai cars drive me home from work while I sit in the back seat and smoke weed
I want an ai car that can dress me while I'm still asleep and drop me off at the office a few minutes before I'm supposes to start work.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The best people! You will be sooo tired of winning!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Fixing roads costs money and people don't want to pay their taxes even when infrastructure is getting dangerously worn down. We're coming up on the 10th anniversary of the I35W bridge collapse and people have pretty well forgotten what happens when you get cheap with infrastructure.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Wait till you've got drunks who decided to take manual control of their self driving car.

"You dumb pigs don't understaah how gud mah tolerance is! I dribe bettah tham compoopter, espesh when I drink. Why is their a kid stuxk im my gril? Did you plant dat?! Dis unconstitushonal!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Guys I'm sure this all part or Kushner's brilliant plan.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Richard Bong posted:

Can you go into a little more detail I must have missed this.
St. Ronnie Moron fired them.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Ronnie was once the head of SAG, so he was even bad at hating unions.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Kawasaki Nun posted:

lol how many 20 year olds get TS clearance to do their jobs in the military? Reality Winner is looking at 10 years for leaking info that wasn't really all that revelatory, what else could even reasonably be accomplished?
Possibility: Donnie fucks up the investigation by mouthing off on Twitter and Winner gets of relatively light.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

Wasn't there a thread in this very subforum about how all the language school people are brokebrain weirdos?
Yeah. There was a DLI thread for a number of years that's probably died now.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

To be honest, I wasn't expecting too much from Comey. I think he's going to be muted to a degree so as not to impair Mueller's investigation.

It's Trump's reaction to it that I was/am looking forward to.
Allegedly he's going to say that Donnie pressured him to drop the investigation into Flynn but won't accuse him of obstruction.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

MazelTovCocktail posted:

From Comeys statement:
They weren't hookers, they were classy ladies like Melania. Who also enjoy peeing on things, like Melania.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

joat mon posted:

Canoeing is 'shipping with a backwoods theme, right?
Canoeing is shooting a dead body in the forehead at an angle so it digs out a canoe shaped divot. It's a stupid practice invented by Seals. One of the idiots who claimed to be the Bin Laden killer allegedly did it to him despite being told not to shoot him in the face so identification didn't get screwed up.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

psydude posted:

This seems like something that was invented an E4 who went through basic with a guy who eventually became a SEAL and he told me it's definitely something they do, you guys.

Except nobody's ever actually done it because it's impractical and also fucks up identification.
It's been corroborated. Remember these same idiots are carrying around tomahawks.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nystral posted:

What's the justification for the tomahawks? They're better then knives why?
Some dumb WARRIOR!! cultural poo poo. They might have been caught scalping people with them, that sounds familiar. Shim mentioned the tomahawk poo poo years ago before the article about how hosed up Seal culture is came out.

Edit: It was an Intercept article but not Greenwald. It seemed pretty well researched too.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

A sizable portion of the Taliban grew up in Pakistani refugee camps and Afghanistan during the civil war. Mutilating a few bodies isn't going to scare them or anyone else.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Here's that article. A lot of Seals were justifying their scalpings as "collecting DNA". Allegedly that wasn't enough for one guy so he completely decapitated somebody. Where did they get an idea like this might you ask? From a stupid novel titled The Devil's Guard about a fictional Nazi who does this type of stuff in Vietnam.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

So Diaper Don...

Wouls you say that your father has ever said he loved you, or do you just hope that he does?

Edit: Wrong thread

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Corbyn is an idiot but I want to see May dropkicked into the gutter and take Boris with her.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Orlando Furioso posted:

If this goes badly for May, I expect Boris will be slipping the knife into her back and making a leadership bid
He's a moron so that might gently caress up the Tories good.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Yay, our fearless leader learned his presentation skills from loving Carrot Top.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

How many times will Trump perjure himself during the heaing and what excuse will Paul Ryan use to not start impeachment proceedings?

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jun 9, 2017

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Manning gave an interview. It had been really quiet on that front, I was hoping she'd go away forever. Now she's out thanking Obama which will make talking points from Trump's people.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Bored As gently caress posted:

Manning and Hillary just need to quietly disappear from public life and enjoy the rest of their lives in quiet peace.
I wasn't keen to beat up on Hillary after the election but her forays into public life and laying blame are going to turn people off fast. She's a lightning rod for criticism and needs to excuse herself.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I've yet to see coal rolling in the wild. If I did I'd probably call the cops on them. With any hope they don't acknowledge that what they're doing is stupid and try to escalate things with the cops.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

TBeats posted:

Chris Christie signed a bill making those mods illegal so Chris Christie is a good man :patriot:
That and jailing Daddy Kushner are the only good things he's ever done.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

"MOM" drinking some tactical Coke. I hope she passes out and cracks her head open.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

Wow this jumped straight from mild kiltshaming to full blown kiltphobia and kilt genocide
Eccentricity used to be something that could be easily tolerated. Then they all found each other onljne and decided that they needed to amp up their weird to new levels, and watch anime, and they probably think about loving kids too.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Wolfenstein: The New Colossus is coming out in October. It looks like you get to kill Klansmen this time too. Plenty timely too.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Immanentized posted:

Are his suit jackets just stupendously long, or does he wear an over coat at all times? What the hell?
He just came back from getting peed on.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Waroduce posted:

Where is Grover
In a tomb of his own devising.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

"Biggest inauginauguration crowd of all time!"
*Sentenced to life in prison for high treason

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

SO MUCH WINNING

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Shaddak posted:

Not that it would take much, but I have to know, what did Stephen King do to get Donald Trump to block him?
He's been making fun of him for a long time.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Donnie will blame Hillary, and talk about himself.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Grover honey? Breitbart is on the phone for you.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Please please please put bags on their heads.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Scalise sounds like he's on the actually critical side of critical.

https://twitter.com/thauserkstp/status/875079321685295106
It would be really funny if he wakes up amd decides that guns are bad. Not saying it's going to happen but it would be hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Suck it down!

• Locked thread