Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Police body cam footage from Pulse Night Club shooting was released.

also lol driverless cars and trucks are so far off in the future its not even funny. That poo poo is closer to 50 years down the line than 10. also, you'll take my control of my car away from me over my cold dead body, theres no loving way i trust an autonomous car ever and i bet that attitude is prevalent in the population. \

i like Macron i like.

I hope you have enjoyed this stream of consciousness post as I drink in the shithole that is the Atlanta Airport.

NEws:

quote:

Walmart is asking employees to deliver packages on their way home from work

BENTONVILLE, ARK. — Walmart’s newest tactic in its fight against online giant Amazon: enlisting its employees to deliver online orders on their way home from work.

The idea, Walmart executives said Thursday, is to cut costs on the so-called last-mile of deliveries, when packages are driven to customers’ homes, often the most expensive part of the fulfillment process.

“It just makes sense: We already have trucks moving orders from fulfillment centers to stores for pickup,” Marc Lore, chief executive of Walmart’s e-commerce business and the founder of Jet.com, said in a blog post Thursday afternoon. “Those same trucks could be used to bring ship-to-home orders to a store close to their final destination, where a participating associate can sign up to deliver them to the customer’s house.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2017/06/01/walmart-is-asking-employees-to-deliver-packages-on-their-way-home-from-work/
Views:

LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Wonder if walmart will cover insurance if you're in an accident while delivering packages "on your way home" lol

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Leaker used her work laptop to communicate w the intercept lmao

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
So what's up with best Korea. I feel like I've got ADD with this administration there a new candidate for story of the year every other day

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Is thisnfor real or photoshopped? Perspective looks wonky on mobile

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

quote:

Her Democratic opponent in the August primary, Joe Garcia, “also made a large misstep during the campaign saying ‘communism works,’ which did not sit well in an area with a large Cuban refugee population,” the document says. “More embarrassingly, Garcia was caught on a C-Span feed picking his earwax and seemingly eating it, and the video made the rounds on the internet.”

Mr. Garcia was the first to use the material as a tool to attack his opponent, showing up at a televised debate with a printout of the documents and accusing Ms. Taddeo of hiring a private detective to follow him, an allegation she disputed. It was the first of many attacks based on the leaked material.

After Mr. Garcia defeated Ms. Taddeo in the primary using the material unearthed in the hacking, the National Republican Campaign Committee and a second Republican group with ties to the House speaker, Paul Ryan, turned to the hacked material to attack him.

In Florida, Guccifer 2.0’s most important partner was an obscure political website run by an anonymous blogger called HelloFLA!, run by a former Florida legislative aide turned Republican lobbyist. The blogger sent direct messages via Twitter to Guccifer 2.0 asking for copies of any additional Florida documents.

“I can send you some docs via email,” Guccifer 2.0 replied on Aug. 22, according to a cellphone screen shot of the message that the blogger, who writes under the pen name Mark Miewurd, provided to The New York Times. “Great! Editor@hellofla.com. I’m just getting my kid from school but I’ll be able to get it up pretty quick after I get it. Thanks!”

“Do u have a size limit?” Guccifer 2.0 replied, a question that led the Florida blogger to set up an anonymous Dropbox account so he could take thousands of pages of stolen information from the Russian operative, data that the blogger immediately recognized would have an extremely high strategic value for the Republicans.

“I don’t think you realize what you gave me,” the blogger said, looking at the costly internal D.C.C.C. political research that he had just been provided. “This is probably worth millions of dollars.”

quote:

By September, Guccifer 2.0 had expanded his releases to include documents related to House races in Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, Ohio, Illinois and North Carolina, working with individual political bloggers like Miscellany Blue in New Hampshire.

“Exclusive: Leaked D.C.C.C. documents reveal effort to replace Shea-Porter with ‘fresh face for 2016,’” said one of the first dispatches posted in New Hampshire, on Miscellany Blue, referring to Carol Shea-Porter, the Democratic candidate for the House, who ended up narrowly winning the seat, despite the intense criticism directed at her by Democratic leaders that was revealed by the leaks.

quote:

In Pennsylvania, the leaked documents showed that Democratic Party officials did not like their own candidate for one House seat — a local businessman named Mike Parrish — and worked aggressively to recruit an alternative. Mr. Parrish, the internal party documents noted, owned a company in Pennsylvania that had been sued eight times, had been delinquent on his taxes and had been named in a 2013 lawsuit “alleging racketeering and corruption,” the D.C.C.C. internal report said.

Concerned, the party tried to recruit a local businesswoman, Marian Moskowitz, to challenge Mr. Parrish. But Ms. Moskowitz ultimately declined to run for the seat, so the party was left with Mr. Parrish, whose standing was further hurt when the details about the Democrats’ misgivings about him drew coverage from bloggers and newspapers.

Mr. Parrish lost his bid for the seat.

quote:

After the first political advertisement appeared using the hacked material, Mr. Luján wrote a letter to his Republican counterpart at the National Republican Congressional Committee urging him to not use this stolen material in the 2016 campaign.

Ms. Pelosi sent a similar letter in early September to Mr. Ryan. Neither received a response. By October, the Congressional Leadership Fund, a “super PAC” tied to Mr. Ryan, had used the stolen material in another advertisement, attacking Mr. Garcia during the general election in Florida.

AshLee Strong, a spokeswoman for Mr. Ryan, said he did not control how the material was used in the ad, although she did not dispute that the material had been stolen as part of an act of Russian espionage. “Speaker Ryan has said for months that foreign intervention in our elections is unacceptable,” she said in a written statement.

Listen to eggheads be eggheads in this thread below

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Jarmak posted:

https://twitter.com/DPRK_News/status/872282258064818177

goddamnit how do I embed tweets

....feel so old

I don't know how to do this

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Fox news saying republicans can't legislate because dems are being obstructionist and have no platform apart from opposing Trump

:ironicat:

We'll change the rules in the Senate to get our agenda through

Dems would rather see America fail than Trump win.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Just listened to a stretched analogy about the cold war ending because people wanted western freedoms they saw beyond the iron curtain and that's how were gunna beat isis

We should all have a Let's Watch Fox News Thread for an hour or two on a weekend and get hammered together

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Fox news and hysterical dems narrative incoming

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
uh so this is probably bullshit but is anyone hearing anything about Baghdadi being killed

quote:

UNVERIFIED reports from Syrian state run TV claim that the leader of Islamic State Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has been killed in an air strike in the country.
The IS stronghold of Raqqa was bombed heavily overnight on Saturday, local time, with the terrorist group’s Amaq news agency revealing the damage.

http://www.news.com.au/world/middle...df74127f74ae7eb

Idk who the news outlet is but their sourcing it from Syrian TV apparently? smells like bullshit to me but curious if anyone has corroboration

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

Prediction: Every court will punt this as a political question that congress can deal with through impeachment. (which they won't)

idk how this poo poo works but....file it in california?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

MazelTovCocktail posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KVyY0Su4JY

Yeah I know there is a thread for it, but one of the planes is firing a laser.

Where is Grover

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
That would be something

GOP still won't do poo poo but lol my god maybe it would galvanize an ennervated and aimless democratic party. American politics is like watching two retards fight over who gets to hump the doorknob

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

jerman999 posted:

Looks like Dennis Rodman is heading back to NK for meeting

He was such an amazing rebounder

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
so remember Trump burning an Israeli ISIL Asset?

quote:

Israeli government hackers broke into the computer networks of ISIS bomb makers months ago and uncovered the terror group's plans to build laptop bombs that could get through airport X-ray machines, according to a new report in The New York Times.

http://www.businessinsider.com/hackers-got-into-isis-networks-found-they-were-building-laptop-bombs-2017-6

Sounds like a pretty well placed nice source man. Acess too and potentially comprosing the communication system they used for bomb making, maybe some logistical poo poo....ideas and planning if they are real lazy with their security.

shame the source either died a horrible death or got pulled cause of the President of These United States of America Donald Trump.

edit: meanwhile Fox News on message

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jun 13, 2017

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Fat is Beautiful

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
What time is the racist elf on today

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

"Biggest inauginauguration crowd of all time!"
*Sentenced to life in prison for high treason

I don't think they'll ever get anything directly Russia related on him because I think Russia's too good to compromise such a valuable asset like that. They wouldn't let him touch them remember the I think everybody's met with Kislayak (spelling) except me?

Now him being done in for obstruction or some retarded poo poo he does to himself? Yeah I could see that

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
https://twitter.com/Sabian404/status/874470818603868161

cool

this is also a thing

https://twitter.com/ericgeller/status/874612319074095104

18/20 lookin good man

bonus...worth the 19 seconds i promise
https://twitter.com/CrazyinRussia/status/874574949477908481

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jun 13, 2017

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Blind Rasputin posted:

That is an amazing ship. I'm from Portland, was that built there or just stationed there?

Looks like a fast ship whats its top speed and turn rate?

Also pls what is the radar cross section like tia Tovarisch

Jk I have no idea

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

thats some serious pucker factor on that floor plan jesus christ

re: GOP Guy getting shot

well....thats interesting. Is the US going to start engaging in political violence?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Oooooo boyyyyyy

I don't think liberals have it in them to engage in political violence

I wonder how fox news is gonna spin this lmao, white shooter? Gun control? Idk man lmbo

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

shyduck posted:

CBS News reports the gunman was using an M4.

ehhhhhh

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Wait for the twitter finger hot takes tomorrow morning after fox and friends

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Third World Reggin posted:

outside the window you hear people with strange accents yelling allahu akbar and firing off ak-47s

*checks how dark my tan is*

Roll for bluff

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
this should probs be in the consipracy thread but uhm:

quote:

EXCLUSIVE: Russian Ambassador Kislyak’s Phone Hacked by Five Eyes

Russian Ambassador Sergei Kislyak’s phone was both hacked and turned into a ‘hot mike’ for recording conversations by a Five Eyes intelligence agency,

Sources with links to Western intelligence report that a similar ‘SS7’ exploit as that used by consent on the phones of James Comey, and other FBI agents, by the FBI and Justice Department, was placed on the phone of Sergei Kislyak – most certainly without consent – and that the Russian Ambassador to the US not only had his phone bugged, but that his phone was being used as a microphone to record those with whom he was speaking.

Sources do not say when the exploit was placed on Kislyak’s phone. One source speculated that Ambassador Kislyak had only survived in his position in America ‘because of optics’.

The Five Eyes intelligence agreement prevents members of the world’s premier intelligence alliance – America, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the United Kingdom – from spying on each other’s territories and citizens. However, crucially, embassies, such as those of Ecuador in London and Russia in Washington DC, are regarded as sovereign territory of their native countries. The NSA is free to spy within the Ecuadorean embassy in London, and GCHQ, its British equivalent, is free to spy within Russia’s embassy in DC. The Five Eyes alliance is the closest intelligence partnership in the world. Recently Canada assisted DGSE, France’s CIA, in spying on Rebel Media on behalf of M. Macron, the then French Presidential candidate. Sources report that both the FBI, NSA and Britain’s GCHQ assisted Canada in this operation, because of the involvement of the Trump-Russia partisan Jack Posobiec.

In his testimony to the Senate today, Jeff Sessions, who as Patribotics reported in February, was a suspect in the Trump Russia hack, suddenly changed his tune, admitting that he “might have” had a conversation with Kislyak at the Mayflower Hotel.

https://patribotics.blog/2017/06/13/exclusive-russian-ambassador-kislyaks-phone-hacked-by-five-eyes/

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Genocide Tendency posted:

The Hill has audio of the VA shootout:

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/875045200791523333

Says something that you have to identify which shootout its from.. Probably not a good something either.

Pretty deliberate tempo there

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Conor is going to get smoked. MMA is not boxing

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

McCain is deeply disturbed

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Is there corroboration on this

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
What's the ships flag and previous port

Also who owns it

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Odds Trump goes kinetic over this....

You know the whole shipping container dirty bomb was always a pretty common hypothetical vector. Best Korea also has more delivery problems than detonation problems no? Don't think it was them tho. They don't have the balls

Let's go full Clancy, Russian false flag fraiming Iran

E: It's probably bullshit

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Moscow claiming a Russian air strike killed ISIS leader Al Baghdadi.

We'll see.

Some random news Outlet tried to break this last week. I called bullshit until multiple sources corroborate

These dudes seem to die like multiple times

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Blind Rasputin posted:

Automated Underwater Tensile Impulse Speed Mitigator.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I'm the lightly airbrushed traps, delts, triceps and biceps

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Art of the deal right thurr

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

That's the only thing that got's me puzzled: Yes, if this really was just road rage, its not a hate crime, but his actions, including kidnapping and beating her not once but twice, doesn't fit the normal road rage MO.

Oh, apparently when he was dumping the body he did it in full view of multiple eyewitnesses. The guy doesn't seem very smart.

https://youtu.be/2xUynRdzzsM

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
i got a dog

thats a current event

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

ded posted:

That couch gunna get ruined. Buy a new couch thats not white.

*sigh* i know it was really expensive and designer and my gf likes white modern bullshit.

• Locked thread