Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

democrats are gonna put out a mediocre candidate and zuckerberg is gonna ross perot the vote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

yeah its like those free CDs that gently caress you on shipping costs because its same day delivery and upcharged

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Doc Hawkins posted:

And those new lightbulbs, can't forget those.

so I was having dinner with my family and my uncle (who is an engineer and has been using the non lovely lightbulbs for years) got into a really big argument over loving lightbulbs with his father in law. Watching an old rich white dude getting upset that someone would use cost efficient, energy efficient lightbulbs was loving bizarre. He's also very vocally for fracking.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jun 1, 2017

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

what people aren't really realizing is that even farming is becoming extremely automated. Tractors are now GPS guided and poo poo you pretty much just sit in the cabin and monitor everything.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Zeris posted:

It's almost as though intergenerational disputes force their way into any and all contexts
no this is just a rich old farmer who still lives in 1920s america because he owns the local bank and general store and is pretty much the sole employer for a town of 100 people

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Waroduce posted:

Police body cam footage from Pulse Night Club shooting was released.

also lol driverless cars and trucks are so far off in the future its not even funny. That poo poo is closer to 50 years down the line than 10. also, you'll take my control of my car away from me over my cold dead body, theres no loving way i trust an autonomous car ever and i bet that attitude is prevalent in the population. \

i like Macron i like.

I hope you have enjoyed this stream of consciousness post as I drink in the shithole that is the Atlanta Airport.

NEws:

Views:

LOL

I want to live in a world where ai cars drive me home from work while I sit in the back seat and smoke weed

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

The Trump Administration is so toxic that the only family members willing to take part are his own.

https://twitter.com/CoganSchneier/status/870711867441688576

Eh, I think its more like Kellyanne telling her husband to run far away. I haven't seen her face in a while now.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Texas voter here, the only democrats on my ballot were for the Presidency and a few judges everything else had only one option (R).

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Wonder what type of sentence he's gonna get.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

is a recusal legally binding? Can sessions just go "lol I'm no longer recusing myself"?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Imagine if the EU put up a US travel ban

I hope the EU puts up a travel ban the next time we have a school shooting

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

psydude posted:

I thought his lawyer said he has been told there are no restrictions? Which probably means it's going to be a letdown.

Either way, it's wasting another week of Trump's time in office. Which is a good thing.

Just because Mueller hasn't asked him to make something off topic doesn't mean you can go into too much detail about things that are still classified.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Iran's parliament was attacked by gunmen, something else got suicide bombed.

:piss:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Apparently there is a gunman/hostage situation at the Iranian parliament.

If a member of parliament gets killed then this is pretty much going to mean war. Time to invest in oil

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Is there an updated chart on the players in the middle east and their relation with one another?

PookBear fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jun 8, 2017

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

adam west died the TV show batman not the movie batmans

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

why do yall think puerto rico would be two blue senators? They're pretty heavily catholic although I don't know what their stance on abortion is.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

why is british politics so self destructive I mean the republicans are just good ol' racism combined with tea party ayn rand crazy but what is their excuse

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Best Friends posted:

Can you translate this? I have no idea what the implications are of that.
norinco is makes garbage furniture for guns and an sks is a garbage gun. cheap plastic for a lovely gun with non removable magazine. Hi point is a famously lovely pistol manufacturer so its likely he had one to go along with his lovely sks.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

would a dirty bomb even be that bad?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

let the nukes fly

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

psydude posted:

No, because declaring that airgapped networks are safe, designing PLCs to accept input from unauthenticated sources because it's easy, using hard-coded root credentials to run software, and failing to design SCADA protocols with authentication mechanisms is retarded. But I agree - the energy sector is really the only one taking IT security seriously.

there is going to have to be legislation passed that requires companies that manage our nations infrastructure to have IT security.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/495384828427374592

:agreed:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

The Iron Rose posted:

A lawyer who represents himself has a fool for a client.
its not the fact that he isn't representing himself, its that he needs a lawyer in the first place

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

so uh, NK returned that American prisoner--that stole the propaganda sign--brain dead? What I miss?

The dude made some extremely poor choices: even against the advice of most. He's the embodiment of the white bro that would disregard warnings and do such a thing, but he didn't deserve that :ohdear:

nah, gently caress 'em. there are plenty of people in hosed up situations not of their own choosing that deserve sympathy and help but going to north korea and stealing ain't one.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

orange juche posted:

What would a cargo ship doing 19kts in circles even look like? Capsized, i'd imagine.

dunno, but I do know what the ship it hits would look like :v

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

the Japanese Red Army strikes again

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Swamp Donkey are you a bot because either way you failed the turing test

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

coma kid dead

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Three sources (fox, bloomberg, politico) say Spicer is leaving the press secretary gig for some other position, maybe communications. This rumor comes up repeatedly every month, but the new news is that Spicey is actively trying to find his own replacement and nobody wants it.

PLEASE TAKE THIS JOB FROM ME PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE

isn't this the plotline from the ring where you have to get someone else to watch that tape or you die?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

crazyivan45 posted:

The ABC news article on the shoot down implied it may have been a gun kill but haven't seen any evidence to back that up. Would be kinda awesome if true

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

people are voting for someone who doesn't want a livable wage lol

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Genocide Tendency posted:

I'm pretty sure I have a few pictures of burnt out Porsches on a flash drive somewhere. Will that work?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

that long of a shot and the range you dial in has to be exact as its pretty much plunging fire.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Orlando Furioso posted:

In a great example of stunning life choices, man sells Top Secret documents to Chinese Intelligence for $16,500, blatantly lies to the FBI and is now facing life in prison possibly even the death penalty

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/virginia-man-charged-giving-secret-documents-china-48216300

I hope he they hang him

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Immanentized posted:

Also, I didn't see it discussed much upthread but; with Donnie admitting that he never had the Comey tapes, and then going on Fox And Friends saying that he said that to mute Comey's testimony- didn't he quite literally admit to witness tampering?

Yes he did

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

im glad those two UK girls that joined ISIS died

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

is there any chance this doesn't pass?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

its probably way easier to sue his business than him directly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Wasabi the J posted:

It would be interesting if the House of Saud clipped a few dozen people over night in America.

they did or did you never hear about 9/11

• Locked thread