Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

As long as you can prove you're on the clock, your employer is liable, especially if it's delivery poo poo.

Sounds like America needs some Worker's Comp reform!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

The McCainConcernClock will be the new Doomsday clock

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Reverand maynard posted:

is a recusal legally binding? Can sessions just go "lol I'm no longer recusing myself"?

No, yes. But as a political and practical matter, I doubt it'll happen, even in this timeline.

I like racist perjury elf (the appellation, not the person)

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

psydude posted:

Doesn't reneging on or violating the spirit of a recusal open him up to being disbarred?

He wouldn't reneg, he'd reconsider. It would open him to disbarment less than lying to Congress would.

Chief law enforcement officer of the U.S. is different from a guy on a congressional committee, and Sessions unrecusing to fire Mueller is different than Nines issuing a subpoena.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Godholio posted:

:stare:

Are you loving serious?

http://www.kslaw.com/people/Jennifer-Josefson/Matters

To be fair, King and Spalding have 800 attorneys in offices in 8 US and 9 foreign cities, including Moscow. They also have a strong oil and gas law practice.

On the other hand, for the price of a single Su-35, Russia could stick a stink onto every lawyer ever associated with the top 500 law firms in the US by giving them a 100,000 retainer for ... something.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Canoeing is 'shipping with a backwoods theme, right?

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Casimir Radon posted:

Canoeing is shooting a dead body in the forehead at an angle so it digs out a canoe shaped divot. It's a stupid practice invented by Seals. One of the idiots who claimed to be the Bin Laden killer allegedly did it to him despite being told not to shoot him in the face so identification didn't get screwed up.

I'm familiar with Tombstone, I just thought shipping was funnier. I didn't know the Seals had turned a movie's threat with a colorful metaphor into a real thing.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

It's actually the USMA alumni association that gives the award, so only the cool-aid-iest of the cool-aid drinkers.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

The Iron Rose posted:

man i'm real torn on this because on the one hand gently caress the tories, but on the other hand Corbyn is literally an insane terrorist sympathizer

Is this Fox news-speak for 'Corbyn is left of May and Cameron', or are there some facts that most people agree would make him a terrorist sympathizer?

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Somebody fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jun 10, 2017

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

tastefully arranged labia posted:

So uh

can we FOIA that poo poo?

FOIA applies only to the executive branch.
e: Even if it did apply to the legislative branch, arguably covered by the 'deliberative process' aspect of exemption 5.

longer answer: pages 366-392

joat mon fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jun 13, 2017

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

bird cooch posted:

I don't know about that, but we are seeing a major population condescension in major metro areas on the as the flyovers suffer massive brain and youth drain.

This is an awesome malapropism.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

mlmp08 posted:

One of his lawyers did something stupid in his stead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8Fl32iRCN0

Jay Sekulow, of the ACLJ, Pat Robertson's twisted vision of an ACLU for the religious right.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

cowboy elvis posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Flynn is pardoned then he HAS to testify on everything right?

If he's pardoned and he accepts the pardon he cannot assert his Fifth Amendment privilege over any conduct covered by the pardon.
If he refuses to testify in that scenario, he can be held in contempt until he does testify.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

https://www.lawfareblog.com/disabled-executive-special-counsel-investigation-and-presidential-immunities

Obama's white house counsel's opinion on whether a sitting president can be indicted. constitutional crazyness abounds.

Except for the last two pargraphs, it's a dumb opinion. "If we took the Constitutional considerations out of the discussion, how might we address this Constitutional question?"
But I suppose nobody would have given him the space to write if he was just going to say, "Oh hey, look at what the 25th Amendment says!"

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Pesticide20 posted:

You got the wrong shameatar picture

There's a bunch more here

As opposed to how Trump has pictured himself, at Mar a Lago:

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Missionary Positron posted:

Read this Twitter thread, holy poo poo :stare:

https://twitter.com/jenanmoussa/status/878975054859644928

I know I shouldn't be surprised that ISIS attracts the worst of the worst, but loving hell. I'm mad IRL.

This the middle east version of interviews of remorseful Trump voters.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Casimir Radon posted:

We really need to make JohnMcCainisConcerned.com

With a nice interactive timeline showing everytime he's been concerned (Various classes or concern), and context about what the bigger picture looked like at the time.

December, 1961. John McClain becomes concerned that Spaniards are squandering electricity.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

M_Gargantua posted:

Shim for example.

And the woman who wrote the story he batshitted over, too.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Zeris posted:

Just hire a Russian hacker??

Just fill out the drat form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009