Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

And truck drivers only make what the road allows. Most start with companies paying $0.30-0.40/mile. Get hung in traffic for a day and burn all your hours trying to crawl a hundred miles, and you ain't making dick for the day, let alone averaging minimum wage. For some OTR, minimum wage might be a pay increase.

:lol: This never happens. I work in logistics and if you only make it 100 miles in 10 hours you're a loving liar and blew your entire fuel advance on cocaine and got the cops called on you because the GPS on your truck shows you haven't moved in 24 hours from a truck stop just outside of St. Louis.

Don't ask.

Softface posted:

gently caress 'em.

Drivers are the worst goddamn part of my job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Atlanta any time it rains more than a quarter inch or is remotely near freezing.

I live in Atlanta. Our roads eat us. There's a reason trucks can't go inside the perimeter unless the have a pickup or delivery. They also cancel freight due to weather. They don't say, man traffic is bad, better allow a 30 hour transit for this 400 mile load!

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

And I totally get that facilities blow rear end and you can sit not moving for hours burning your clock, but if your carrier doesn't pay detention to their own loving drivers and you aren't and owner op, :sever: you don't have to drive Swift. Drive for a good company.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Hey guys! I've been avoiding this very thread because I just can't loving quit reading about depressing poo poo. I come back, and get to watch a cop murder someone. COOL!

I voted for the white guy in Georgia, and not the white lady. It's me, I'm the patriarchy.

• Locked thread