Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Torrannor posted:

He's right about Hillary . But he's even more pathetic than her, because he always needs to remind everybody else that his victory was huge, and that he would have won the popular vote if not for massive voter fraud.

Hillary being a sore loser is one thing, but the President of the United States being a sore winner is even more embarrassing.

If I lost to Donald loving Trump I'd be a sore loser too.

Also Russia came out in support of the Paris Climate Agreement.... on the same day Trump is supposedly going to back out of it.

Master trolling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Knee jerk hot take: the next world war will be over climate change, the US will go down as the bad guys, and we will ironically use a nuke to defend ourselves and end the world.

I also think the Paris Climate announcement will be postponed. Call it a hunch.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Jun 1, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

psydude posted:

Looks like Michelle has warmed up to DC. The Obamas are buying the house they're renting in Kalorama.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/05/31/us/obama-buys-house-washington-kalorama.html?_r=0&referer=

Actually FYI (1) trump isn't impeached yet so (2) Soros asked his (3) deep state agents to stick around.

Scavenger hunt:

I will donate $20 to a charity of your choice if someone finds a comment somewhere like that. It has to include two of the three things in that sentence as justification for them staying in DC.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

that's the good stuff and i probably gave you the lowest hanging fruit out there now that i think about it.

what charity would you like me to donate to?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

i helped found ISIS with a 2012 donation that i made.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Because the GOP represents the good, hard working blue collar American and what better way to send that message than with the coal industry? It's not about the coal industry at all. It's about optics.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Missionary Positron posted:

I realize that, but I just can't understand why it's coal of all things. Am I missing some cultural context here?

EDIT: https://twitter.com/sparksjls/status/870355669882417152

lol/ :smith:

Because it takes a lot less effort and resources to appease an industry that will die anyway than to back McDonald's workers. And the blowback isn't as huge when you inevitably fail.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Missionary Positron posted:

That is really depressing. How do you go about fixing a national discourse that is so fundamentally polarized and broken?

You don't fix it. You burn it down and start over.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

facialimpediment posted:

Donnie's best line is that he was elected to represent Pittsburgh, not Paris.

There's a problem with that.

https://twitter.com/DanEggenWPost/status/870368674657554432

I wonder what the mayor of Pittsburgh will say.

To be fair he was elected to represent Pittsburgh, not Paris.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
What

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i think drones are the future instead of automated cars for shipping.

jade helm 2027 is gonna be bananas with all the drones carrying "shipping goods"

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
You'll probably still get a DUI for being drunk in your self driving car. But yeah it'll probably cut down on accidents.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Peetown Manning posted:

What is a globalist?

Do they hide their inner workings and finances from public scrutiny as they display logos somewhere in Lower Manhattan?

Do they do their banking in the Cayman Islands, Switzerland and Asia?

Pretty sure its one of the worst pot-calling-the-kettle-black instances among all this conservative garbage I wish someone could write one comprehensive book on. Not to mention it feels like you could just replace the term with "the Jews" and you'd basically have the same conspiratorial poo poo.

Imagine if countries were people. Globalism is interracial couples.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Buca di Bepis posted:

I really hope Trump does try to prevent Comey's testimony. No move could make him look guiltier besides a full confession.

And what will happen if he does

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Kathy Griffin: man I really hosed up...

Bill Maher: hold my beer

loving idiots.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
As someone who was in the military I am only a hero for exploitation purposes i.e. getting into theme parks free

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If people tell you that knives or cars are just as dangerous as guns, ask them why the knives in their kitchen or the car in their driveway aren't enough for home defense.

Like "would you give a man a foot massage?" in pulp fiction.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
the donald trump biography is on tbs right now.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Two Finger posted:

:psyduck:

How goddamned stupid is he?

he is EXTREME STUPID

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

CommieGIR posted:

He's a representative of how stupid the American people are. Thankfully, the Popular Vote shows that the majority of the American people still recognize an idiot when they see one.

but the people we nominate to represent our country, as well as way too many state and county level legislatures, show that we don't recognize idiots at all.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

cowboy elvis posted:

So this is the evidence right? Like no more rumors, this is legit as legit gets?

It's fake news

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

I am picturing them actually pointing in some random direction saying "LOOK!"

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I thought it was a pseudonym making fun of Trump on The Apprentice or some poo poo.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Blind Rasputin posted:

I'm uneducated as hell on the middle east but isn't isolating Qatar, just going to piss off extremist groups and make them attack people more?

Literally everything the United States says or does regarding the Middle East does this

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

She'll only be relevant as long as the republicans are whining about her.

The whole "if it were Obama..." trope goes both ways.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I have a feeling this hearing is going to be a massive let down somehow.

But thank gently caress Trump will be live tweeting it to increase the chances of it at least being funny.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUkk9yKcHEQ

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
lotta word salads

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Stop being lovely and the pressure of investigations won't be that bad Marco!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I could never do one of these hearings. I'd start cussing these guys out and just flat out telling them they are guilty.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Warner looks like he wants to beat the gently caress out of this entire panel lol

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I can't find this reported on any major news outlet, but I read about it on The Economist website.

https://www.itnewsafrica.com/2017/06/rwanda-censors-social-media-ahead-of-elections/

quote:

Rwanda censors social media ahead of elections

Ahead of national elections, Rwanda’s National Election Commission (NEC) has ruled that presidential candidates’ social media updates need to be pre-approved by the organisation before the candidates can post them online.

According to the electoral commission, this measure is aimed at preventing “declarations, words, acts that can lead the population to acts of insecurity that could divide the Rwandan population.

Part of me thinks this is isolated, a bigger part of me considers this part of the Trump effect.

Also Lebanon banned Wonder Woman because Gal Gadot is Israeli.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jun 7, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
So what's the topic gonna be next week after we completely forget about the Comey hearing?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Trump's legacy will be W's soaring popularity.

Well, part of his legacy.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Corbyn thinks drone strikes against terrorists are wrong. And he thinks Hamas should be removed from the terrorist list.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
this just in most western politicians suck

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Well, we're the alternate timeline for someone :v:

what if reincarnation is real, but your next reality is determined by your current one?

man, we all hosed up in the last life.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Lord Buckethead is a real thing and that's not photoshops?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

MrYenko posted:

Oh my god, the full image is even better.

How is this not a parody of real life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Blind Rasputin posted:

Uh that was a quick as gently caress reversal.

I don't think it was a reversal as much as Trump not knowing what the gently caress he's talking about.

• Locked thread