Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Carteret posted:

:lol: This never happens.

I'm glad you work in a place that has more than one highway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Next time I go out to the range, I'll take some pictures of the road that was repaved last year. There are potholes 4' long and 18" deep.

Edit: I'm still impressed with how Utah was able to redesign and rebuild basically the entire I-15/I-80 interchange plus a few dozen miles in all directions leading into the 02 Olympics. For all the goddamned construction nonsense they do, that project was actually completed in time and there was a genuine effort to keep traffic moving despite huge sections being shut down for weeks at a time. And the final result was actually good.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jun 2, 2017

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

mlmp08 posted:

Al Udeid Airbase is a pretty big deal.

Behind Ramstein, it's probably the most important USAF base on the entire Eurasian landmass.

redneck nazgul posted:

Honestly, us saying "You do what you want, our bases are staying open, don't gently caress with them" is the best possible answer, which means we're probably not taking it.

Yeah, this is actually the correct answer.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Kawasaki Nun posted:

lol how many 20 year olds get TS clearance to do their jobs in the military? Reality Winner is looking at 10 years for leaking info that wasn't really all that revelatory, what else could even reasonably be accomplished?

A lot. Just because the infantry doesn't, don't expand that to include everyone. Your average officer joins around 22, too.

Doc Hawkins posted:

I wasn't allowed on site while my clearance was in progress. Apparently I didn't make the cut for a waiver? Eight months, full salary, doing nothing for no one, spending my time however I wanted. Consulting is a scam.

WTF they didn't give you an interim? Weird.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Ok, that's funny.

Also holy poo poo it's really June.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

Trump's FBI director pick works for a lawfirm that has been representing Rosneft for over a year now.

:stare:

Are you loving serious?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

TBeats posted:

Lord Buckethead is a real thing and that's not photoshops?

He apparently received over 200 votes this time, more than he received when he ran against John Major and Margaret Thatcher(!).

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

How the gently caress does fire spread that fast through a building like that?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

quote:

Trump had received private assurances from then-FBI Director James B. Comey starting in January that he was not personally under investigation. Officials say that changed shortly after Comey’s firing.

I love it. I love it so much.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

The Iron Rose posted:

I'm not sure if this is more of a Clancy novel or a 24 episode. Voting for the former more than the latter, as this isn't the heart of NYC/D.C./uhhh L.A.?

It's a Clancy novel if it goes off. 24 if they find/disarm it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

cowboy elvis posted:

Dude's got the saltiest pussy

What a horrible sentence.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Buying a house can take care of that excess money.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Just how do people with jobs far more dangerous than law enforcement manage to go every day without murdering their way out of it for their own safety.

Because there's a difference between the chances of metal fatigue causing your cherry picker to fall 3 stories vs relying on the common sense and decency of humanity to keep you safe.

Jesus Christ guys.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Third World Reggin posted:

yah people who get pulled over do have to worry about the decency of humanity to keep them safe

And so do cops.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Third World Reggin posted:

cops are people my friend

Well let's not go crazy.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

TBeats posted:

What Trump really needs to do is regulate Netflix and Amazon prime.

Make Blockbuster Great Again.

Yeah, the GOP is trying to do this via net neutrality.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Last I heard was it looked like brain damage from oxygen starvation.

Oh, and a Navy destroyer collided with a cargo ship, killing seven sailors and injuring a bunch more and probably would've gone to the bottom if not for some heroic damage control.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

AIS is not reliable for tracking what a ship is doing without another source.

Why is this still the case?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

farraday posted:

I'm not quite sure, but is the first US air to air jet kill since Serbia? I don't recall any during Libya or Iraq 2. So this is the first in two decades?

Since 1999, I think.

The Iraqi CSAF in 2003 was a killjoy/smart in that regard.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

CommieGIR posted:

Good luck with that, Russia.

?

They can do it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Sergg posted:

Alan Dershowitz is on CNN talking about Flynn's lawyer's public appearance earlier, saying that Flynn's lawyer is sending the signal "pardon me or I snitch"

I'd love to see him get pardoned for a bunch of menial poo poo that you'd expect a 3-star friend of the president to be charged with, only for them to turn around and hit him with sedition.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

cowboy elvis posted:

How does a Trump supporter reconcile that an illegal alien killed a Muslim girl?

Bad hombres, at least it wasn't a white Christian girl this time.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

MazelTovCocktail posted:

So when are we getting gun camera footage of that shoot down? I mean that had to have been recorded right?

When and if it's declassified. I'm not sure it will be any time soon.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

bird cooch posted:

I somehow missed that OMP got hacked. That gives me a warm fuzzy.

How? This was a HUGE story in 2015. Tens of millions of cleared individuals' information was stolen.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Yeah, Caro probably doesn't count.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Chichevache posted:

Yeah, why can't white supremacists be smarter?

Defective genetics, ironically.

psydude posted:

An oil tanker in Pakistan over turned, and several hundred people rushed to it to try to get free gas.

It turned out exactly as you might expect.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...m=.0b085609d03c

:stare: Darwin just loving rampaged.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jun 25, 2017

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

BUG JUG posted:

who wants to bet Donny found a way to burn another allied intelligence asset and ran with it?

My first guess is that Fox News had some idiot talking head who suggested Assad would do it again, and Donny ran with it. But twitter is usually on top of things like that, so you're probably right. :(

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

There are secondary Airfields (probably as many as we have Fighter Aircraft) that are all over Southern England that can be made ready in a couple of days. I'm sure there would be a liberal smattering of nukes across everything South of Coventry and then every population centre above it, although good loving luck if you could tell the difference between Middlesborough pre and post Nuclear War.

A few years ago the Soviet plans for an invasion (1970's I think) of the UK were released and they had picked the coastline by Blackpool to land because everything south would have been Glowing.

Most of the airfields that I think you're referring to are in various states of disrepair and the facilities (hangars, control towers, munitions storage) have been torn down or left to rot since the early 90s. The runways and taxiways are in some cases maintained reasonably well (though not to the standards they'd need for modern warplanes since they only deal with RC toys and general aviation at most) and could probably be brought up to spec relatively quickly, but others have not been touched since the USAF left and will probably have to be completely replaced.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

facialimpediment posted:

I want a :psyduck: with a convincing Trump wig and I am fully willing to buy it.

https://twitter.com/TimJHanrahan/status/880061686656503808

Donald Trump is threatening Amazon with a policy that Amazon supports.

A simple :psyduck: is not enough.

:sigh: Amazon already charges me sales tax. And half my poo poo arrives late.

Living in an AMZ distro state blows.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Just put yourself at the center of a bunch of military bases.

It's nice in Colorado Springs.

NORAD was mothballed years ago. It was even mentioned in the Modern Marvels episode on bunkers. But I live close enough to Peterson, Schreiver, and Carson that it wouldn't matter anyhow.

NORAD is not mothballed, and neither is Cheyenne Mountain (not entirely, anyway).

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

cowboy elvis posted:

I don't understand his hatred for Chicago.

Obama. Also the gun control/crime relationship makes it an easy target for conservatives.

EFB

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

cowboy elvis posted:

Yea but Chicago owns despite the numerous problems here.

I enjoyed the 2 days I spent there, despite the tolls, the weather, and half the trains not running which left me stranded in that lovely area south of Soldier Field. The doorman at the Sears Tower (gently caress Willis) told me to save my money because the top wasn't above the cloud layer, which was nice of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Saw one keeping up with traffic on a 30mph road this week. :stare:

• Locked thread