Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Well it's a good thing labor protections are so robust in this country or an idea like this meeting reality might quickly devolve into "do this or your fired" with something like 32 cents per package payment to employees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Mr. Nice! posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...m=.0a7f946a2791

Kushner is megafucked. The white house story for why Kushner met with the head of a Russian bank in December was that it was a non-business related diplomatic meeting in anticipation of his position as a white house advisor.

The head of the bank, which immediately flew back to Russia and met with Putin after if travel records are correct, has said that the meeting was entirely non-diplomatic and focused entirely instead on Kushner's family business.

This sounds like a good strategy for taking down the orange turd himself. Thoroughly deep-dick everyone around him without legal protection of being president. Probably the very first case like this turns up all kinds of good poo poo on the big guy himself and just let it turn into a legal Katamari rolling around crushing everyone.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Outrail posted:

Every time I'm in the states I can't get over how bad your infrastructure is. Australia has way more roads per capita but it's all so well maintained.

I get that the winters gently caress poo poo up, but in Florida and California?

Where's the down side in pulling some defense/economic stimulus cash and putting it into infrastructure/economic stimulus?

Because Republican rhetoric is used to camouflage the looting and pillaging of the entire country from idiot voters that keep putting Republicans in office. Since giving the obscenely, sickeningly rich in this country almost 50% of the wealth of the entire nation hasn't yet resulted in a glorious free market utopia of pristine infrastructure and 100% employment the only answer is to cut taxes and give them more money. If the government started spending money that would obviously be bad because government is bad, so we have to underfund everything including infrastructure.

Like, I get how colossally loving retarded and short sighted and ignorant of facts or reality that sounds but, President Donald J Trump.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

msnbc and cnn have stopped asking her to come on afaik

I'm amazed and saddened it took them as long as it did. Trump toadies spewing meaningless bullshit all over the country like word salad bukaki got really loving old really loving fast.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

TBeats posted:

And what will happen if he does

John McCain will be deeply concerned.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Sergg posted:

Trump just nominated Richard Spencer for Secretary of Navy.

Ok, so we're not as far down the crazy bug gently caress rabbit hole as I thought. My immediate reaction was "you mean that punched Nazi? Yeah sure why the hell not it's 2017 and I can see Trump doing it just to 'make liberals mad' "

Apparently it is not the same guy.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Professor Bling posted:

Like having any experience in the field is a requirement for this administration

Betsy DeVos.
Scott Pruit.
Ben Carson.
Rick Perry.

Experience in the field isn't a requirement for this administration, it's a liability.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Trump is so brilliant and playing 22nd dimensional chess that he forced Maher to be a terrible person? gently caress me talk about delusional.

Hey guys I'm so God drat awesome I'm going to make the sun rise tomorrow morning. Watch out for my awesomeness. Totally awesome dude here. Out of my way snow flake, you can't handle this!

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
No real solution as long as they keep voting "gently caress me, just be sure you gently caress THOSE sort of people harder". The solutions exist, they just refuse to accept them and instead go whole hog on sinking into the past and ignoring any efforts to fix things.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
OK so Trump's Muslim ban, some things I'm trying to figure out. If memory serves it was a "temporary pause" of 90 days while we made america great and safe again by doing whatever idiotic brain droppings oozed out of his word-hole, right?

We're past his hundred day mark in office so what the gently caress has he been doing for those 90 days if things aren't great and safe yet? Like, what am I missing here that isn't "gently caress you muslims because you're brown"? What would he have done that necessitated the "temporary" totally not-racist ban that he hasn't been able to do without it?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Richard Bong posted:

Can you go into a little more detail I must have missed this.

There was a union. Holy Saint Reagan, peace be upon him, didn't like unions. He fired every single one of them because they dared to do what unions do, namely not work and threaten the money. Surprise, now we have basically the entire country's air traffic control staffing knocking on retirement's door at the same time.

Oh also it was a warning shot across the bow of every single other union in the country that they were completely and utterly hosed, totally powerless, and would be crushed if they did anything uppity like force capital to accept the existence of labor as anything other than replaceable cogs to be given the minimum maintenance and then discarded afterwards. Shockingly union membership in the US is abysmal now, because unions can't actually do anything anymore.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Mr. Nice! posted:

Could always just do it to send a message.

They can't invoke it anyways since Trump loves to tweet and has already effectively waived it.

It's the usual strong man bullshit. "I'm such a nice guy I'm not going to do this thing I cannot do. But I totally could since I'm such an alpha male manly man's man uber man. But I won't do it because I'm so nice. But still strong. Because it's my choice not to do this thing I cannot do."

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I get why Russia wants to dick over the US, what do they gain from loving around in Qatar?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Casimir Radon posted:

That and jailing Daddy Kushner are the only good things he's ever done.

I dunno, all the comedy he generated by having Trump treat him like a foot stool then throwing him out like a used condom was pretty good.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

On the other hand private corporations running prisons as profit extraction vehicles is 50 shades of hosed and maybe shouldn't be allowed based on both how hosed up that is and also the effect that profited money has on our law making.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

KildarX posted:

It really is loving crazy we live in a world where the people obstructing anything theaw days is the republican party itself. That the last couple of years has seen nothing but the Republicans screaming no at everything, and the Dems get called obstructionist and it will stick contrary to the fact they couldn't obstruct it if the repubs got their poo poo together and either compromised or whip their Congress dudes into voting and people will loving believe it.

I mean we've seen this kind of thing before around the world and historically. Lie constantly about everything and anything in as bigly a manner as possible to create enough doubt and confusion that people can start to accept your lies. Never defend, always attack. Lie and blame the other side for doing everything you do.

As long as you use the right code words and whip up enough hatred and xenophobia people will ignore their lying eyes and give you their support to gently caress over the targets.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Zeroisanumber posted:

McCain's habit of seeing a situation clearly and then never lifting a finger to do anything about it is the worst thing.

Hey he goes through life extremely concerned OK? What more do you want?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Dead Reckoning posted:

I can't help but feel that Puerto Rico is only interested in statehood now because they think it will convince Congress to open up the money tap and fix their budget problems.

If I have to pay extra taxes to get basically permanently-locked Democratic senators into office I'll loving do it with a smile on my face.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
What am I missing about British politics? Isn't getting an electoral mudhole stomped in your rear end supposed to be cause for reevaluation? Why would THAT be your response?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Well to be fair we have Vermin Supreme.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
"Trading" at record highs for bitcoin is extremely deceptive. Last time I looked they were taking the highest single valuation and just slapping that price point on every single theoretical transaction then claiming that to be the value.

Out here in reality that price point would crater to the floor faster than Groverhaus if there was any serious market activity. I haven't read the bitcoin thread in like a year but I'm pretty doubtful they've changed anything significant.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Huh, waking up to see a big steaming pile of poo poo on the first amendment was not what I expected. In hindsight I probably should have.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

facialimpediment posted:

My best guess is that it's about the healthcare bill that's being kept secret, mostly because they know it's a pile of poo poo. So, they want to keep it completely away from the news and not let anything leak out about the discussio-

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/ap-sources-trump-tells-senators-house-health-bill-48015512

Sounds like his dementia is acting up again and he's parroting the last thing he heard...again. Someone check what Fox had on the air right before he made that comment.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Hmm, gonna be a real hoot to see the GOP response to this. What are they going to do, advocate for gun control? Doubtful. Can't do the Black Panther response of taking guns only from "those" sorts of people to keep "good" people safe since it was apparently a white guy. I don't think America is that far gone that we can take guns from people based on political affiliation because that might actually be something that triggers the "tyranny" response from noticeable numbers of the Trump base.

May you live in interesting times indeed.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Kazinsal posted:

I'd fly anywhere on earth to see a Trudeau/Trump boxing match.

Trump wouldn't do it. Something that physically intense wears out the body and uses up too much of the limited amount of energy a person is born with, like a battery.

Don't you wish I was joking with that statement? I mean it is still a complete joke just not the way it should be because gently caress it, 2017.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

fire mueller

loving do it

just go balls deep

Come on now, we've learned how the hate mango works better than to try it this way. You need to take out advertisement air time on Fox so he'll see it then say Obama wasn't strong enough to do it and if Donnie doesn't do it then it's the deep state apparatus Obama left behind undercutting him here too.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Come on that's far more of a stretch compared to what happened today. For all we know Furies set Jared off, while this dude had a rather clear poltical agenda.

Granted it might turn out his wife not giving him a hand job was the actual clicking of the clacker, but it's not exactly hard to figure out what got him there.

But why do Republicans get to say it was a mentally unstable person on the fringe of politics that was in no way representative of their ideology or the rhetoric of hatred flying around at the time while this guy is definitely representative of their opponents and was obviously pushed into action by the rhetoric of hatred aimed at Trump and his political party?

They don't get it both ways, especially when they've been the ones doing this poo poo for decades. There was goddamn Rush Limbaugh screaming about it and "warning" of the danger to come on loving air across the nation whipping more of this poo poo up. That is some stunning, next level hypocrisy.

Suddenly the exact same arguments work for them that have been for loving decades coming from "pussies" or "unamerican" or "snowflakes" or "liberals". This poo poo is bad and should stop...so maybe they should be the ones that stop since they're actually doing it?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

M_Gargantua posted:

Were you just now introduced to the Republican Party?

Well ok fair point, they shouldn't get it both ways.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Piell posted:

Also your bananas

This is absolutely correct and is basically *the* tool I use to get people to stop freaking the gently caress out about "RADASHUN!!!!!" when they have zero god drat clue what they're talking about so they'll at least maaaaybe listen to what I'm saying with an open mind.

Seriously, Banana Equivalent Dose

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

psydude posted:

In other criminal news, the Mueller team contains some of the nation's top attorneys at prosecuting financial, money laundering, and organized crime.

https://www.wired.com/story/robert-mueller-special-counsel-investigation-team/

Gee, I wonder why.

I hear Preet Bharara is looking for a job...just sayin'.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

psydude posted:

There's a reason why we don't let electrical engineers design networks anymore.

So we can let the bean counters do it instead? While people are starting to grasp the idea that network security is actually important I'm not willing to give a whole lot of credit on follow through. Information systems security is still, generally speaking, seen as that line item on the budget that you make as small as possible to cover legal liability. We're a loooooooong way away from it being taken seriously, and I am of the personal opinion that it won't ever be until there's a global scale pants-making GBS threads disaster to drive the lesson home.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Richard Bong posted:

I work with these people. They are good at what they do, but much like Ben Carson, and pretty much anyone else, they are next to useless outside their element. I know someone will throw up the defense, "they are great with constantly changing goals and personnel etc" but honestly a top kick probably has more experience getting people situated in government housing than her.

Why do they keep picking people with no experience and assuming they'll just somehow make up for the total lack of knowledge rapidly and become effective leaders?

I mean I guess I know why but gently caress, it's frustrating.

Decades and decades of people shouting that "we need to run the government like a business!" while completely ignoring the many, many things wrong with the statement. gently caress experience, gently caress knowledge, gently caress contacts, gently caress public service, if you run a business and can extract profit you are automatically a part of the elite class in america and should be given deference as such.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Arven posted:

They also played the "He had THC in his system so was acting erratically!" card. The cop's defense was basically that he was scared. I don't understand how "I'm afraid of black people so acted irrationally' continues to be a valid defense.
THIN BLUE LINE, GO HOME AT THE END OF THE DAY ALIVE etc etc

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

im uhh going to blame tv and hollywood and also cops are maybe inclined to be racist murderous idiot thugs

America has a wee little bit of history with it's law enforcement being openly and brazenly a part of racial segregation and suppression efforts. Those who work forces also burning crosses and all.

I've read there have been white supremacy organizations purposefully infiltrating law enforcement positions as well. I'm kinda torn if that's a vast conspiracy with a stated goal being worked toward or just that personality wanting to do what it enjoys.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Not so sure "kinda" crazy is the best phrase to use related to Alex Jones. There may have been a time where it was an act but he's gone totally off the deep end at some point.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

mlmp08 posted:

One of his lawyers did something stupid in his stead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8Fl32iRCN0

Unnnngh oh my god i just came a little. I want to crush up this video and inject it right into my veins. It's got so much amazing stuff going on. Right wing propaganda talking heads eating each other, an administration toadie flailing around like a gazelle in an alligator's jaws as he desperately tries to ignore reality and spew the talking points that were handed to him by an orange manchild, abject fear transforming into anger when he realized he hosed up and said a bad thing about the emperor's new clothes on his holiest of holies, TV news, knowing his boss is watching at exactly that minute and is going to be loving pissed.

edit: oh god it gets better, I didn't even notice the video title. These loving clowns are so desperate to live in their own ignorance.

bird food bathtub fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jun 18, 2017

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Dead Reckoning posted:

While being poor and white in America is not as lovely as being poor and black, it is still quite lovely, and continues to get shittier as low skill jobs are displaced and the gap between rich and poor continues to grow.

Why people believed that a loudmouth egomaniac millionaire would correct this is beyond my ability to understand others' thought processes.

Have you heard of one Benjamin Ghazi? I hear he had emails that proved the former president was born in Kenya before being targeted for assassination.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

TBeats posted:

Countdown until congressional republicans try to just change the rules begins now

Republicans will now start bullhorning to their brain dead voting base through their propaganda network about "unprecedented Democrat obstructionism".

...and it will work because the gold fish memoried idiots really are that dumb and so far up their own assholes with political tribalism that all they care about is getting mad at the other team.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

That position is a gigantic poisoned chalice. Donnie will never be happy with anyone in this role. His motivation in life is telling absolutely everyone how fantastic he is at everything and basking in the adulation he receives from doing so. Nobody will ever be able to speak for him and do it right because nobody can ever be as bigly perfect as he is. They'll be constantly poo poo on by the pissbaby manchild internally, while everyone else just uses them as a punching bag when watching them try to lie about objective facts.

What I'm saying is I hope someone that is a truly terrible person takes the job and becomes the latest person that fucks up their lives chasing the brass ring that is working for Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Sergg posted:

Alan Dershowitz is on CNN talking about Flynn's lawyer's public appearance earlier, saying that Flynn's lawyer is sending the signal "pardon me or I snitch"

What's he got to snitch about? Everything I've read on it was him being told to go gently caress himself sideways when he wanted immunity because they had it all without him. Is that just blind optimism clouding the issue?

Secondly, he does know he's talking to one Donald J Trump, right? Dude's not family he ain't getting poo poo. How can a stupid moron on the internet with enough brain damage to join the army have the pattern recognition to figure this out but not these people?

• Locked thread