Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Mods, please change name to "Jimmy the Jew" or "Spanish Carmine". TIA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Hexyflexy posted:

I'm quite partial to "Joey Glasses".

Honestly, been looking for a new username/av combo since ol' Handsome Ralph went to Montreal. That one and Jimmy the Jew stood out the most.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Proud Christian Mom posted:

lol who are you kidding, Cory Booker is going to be the nominee

Fuckkkkkk.

Seriously, I remember really liking the guy but between the pharma votes and his recent "Well Kushner isn't quite at the point where he should lose his clearance, PS- Him and his wife maxed out their contributions to my campaign(s?)" I could not be any more turned off by him as a candidate.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

VA's gubernatorial primary is next week as well. Not looking forward to hearing Bernie Bros whine about their guy not getting picked.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Waroduce posted:

Leaker used her work laptop to communicate w the intercept lmao

:lol:

Pretty sure this is the last time anyone (competent) will leak anything to the Intercept.

Oh this just broke,
Top American Diplomat in China Resigns Over Drumpf’s Paris Climate Treaty Pull-Out

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Oh boy
https://twitter.com/TheScotsman/status/872103648947580934

Gonna be another long day.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

TBeats posted:

I have a feeling this hearing is going to be a massive let down somehow.

But thank gently caress Trump will be live tweeting it to increase the chances of it at least being funny.

To be honest, I wasn't expecting too much from Comey. I think he's going to be muted to a degree so as not to impair Mueller's investigation.

It's Trump's reaction to it that I was/am looking forward to.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

psydude posted:

I thought his lawyer said he has been told there are no restrictions? Which probably means it's going to be a letdown.

Either way, it's wasting another week of Trump's time in office. Which is a good thing.

Oh yeah, I know he's been told there are no restrictions as to his testimony, but I feel like Comey's the kind of guy that unless he's asked very specific questions, he's not going to necessarily give testimony like he did in 2007. Would love to be wrong though.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

orange juche posted:

The cold war never ended, the name of one of the players just changed, and now we have a president in office who is so inept as to be worthless, so Russia is playing their hand a bit to try to flip the geopolitical chess board as it were.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW12BT9pYEw

Also,
Comey Told Sessions: Don’t Leave Me Alone With Drumpf

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

https://youtu.be/i7CPqZO_IDU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

Wow this jumped straight from mild kiltshaming to full blown kiltphobia and kilt genocide

I own a kilt, and I approve of all the kilt shaming.

Seriously, most of the people I've run into in the U.S. who wear them are loving insufferable.

poo poo, the only reason I own one was for family poo poo (grandad came over from Edinburgh and settled in Canada with family so there's your cultural appropriation), and you won't catch me wearing it unless I'm at a wedding or black tie event where it's the norm to wear one.

Utilikilts are the dumbest poo poo though and there's no reason to wear one unless you're an insufferable tool.

Pesticide20 posted:

I think I finally understand cultural appropriation

New thread title. I also laughed.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jun 11, 2017

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Hot Karl Marx posted:

https://twitter.com/nottjmiller/status/874400892807761920

Read his other recent posts too. Oliver Stone said Israel meddled in US election and other crazy bullshit, was snapping at the audience

The tweet got removed, but would love to see what retarded poo poo Stone was saying now.

I saw him on the CBS morning show and Charlie Rose and the other hosts weren't buying any of his bullshit.

This bit though,
https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/874239634921934848

Also when they pointed out that Russia has meddled in other countries elections.

"I guess. If you say so."

What a fucktard.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Colbert is actually a pretty good interviewer who will call people out on their bullshit without skipping a beat.

His interview of Assange when that Apache video came out was great, because he straight up called out Assange for editing the video and then editorializing the video with the title.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/q1yz2t/the-colbert-report-julian-assange
Good part starts at 2:30.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

TBeats posted:

I hate the Warriors but this means I don't hate them as much

https://twitter.com/ReformedBroker/status/874584819883266052

This is p. cool. Only because it's going to infuriate people who don't watch basketball into screaming that they will no longer watch the Warriors play basketball.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Blind Rasputin posted:

Guy live in CNN eye witness saying 50 shots fired from a semi automatic rifle at them into the field from a dude hunkered down at 3rd base BEFORE capital police began exchanging fire, then like 100 more rounds exchanged. Scalise hit in hip(?) a bunch wounded. Scalise had only made it to second base no idea if who's on first is ok.

Who's on first?

Seriously, that's not loving good. Would explain why the Park Police helicopter has been flying orbitals near my house for the past 30 mins.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

cowboy elvis posted:

In addition to people, there were pets in that building too.

Oh god dammit, that thought hadn't even occurred to me. :(

This kind of poo poo is nightmare fuel for me, primarily because this happened in my area growing up and the reports and video that came out of that were incredibly horrific. And that poo poo impacted everyone in that area. Think six degrees of Kevin Bacon and then bring it down to 1-2 degrees, because either you knew someone who was there that night (victim, first responder, etc) or you directly knew someone who did.

I worked for FEMA and the RIEMA for a brief time years later and even 8 years after it happened, it was still a constant presence in planning for pretty much any mass casualty event. Hell, the state's fire code was completely re-written after this happened, despite the fact that if the owners and the town fire marshal had followed code, the fire would have been a non-event.

Structure fires in which people are trapped are nightmare machines. What a lovely story to wake up to.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

https://twitter.com/jimpjorps/statu...agenumber%3D678

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

TBeats posted:

Hey fuckers my cousin robbed a bunch of blockbusters like 12 years with an SKS.

What I'm saying is people with an SKS don't make good decisions. My cousin would've made out better robbing a redbox.

Owned an SKS for about a year. Only high point was that it was cheap to shoot and a good intro to semi-auto rifles for me at the time. Though it wasn't a Norinco SKS, and I constantly had to endure people at the range asking if I was going to kit it out.

No regrets selling it either.

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

I wonder if the Alexandria shooter bought his guns in Illinois, or if he got them at a gun show or something out of state.

Illinois is already poo poo about gun laws. Watch this add a day to the waiting period.

Will laugh if he bought them in Virginia since you always see FWD:FWD: conservative emails about how gangs in Chicago ignore Illinois gun laws and just get them from other states. VA is pretty light on gun restrictions.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Asking again because it got missed but wasn't obstruction what Mueller was originally brought on to investigate or was it specifically just Russia/Flynn?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Here's a current event: I turn 30 today.

Welcome.

Thus far, I've found it's a more fun version of your 20's. Mostly because I don't have/want kids, and I have far more disposable income than I did in my early 20s.

In current events, Rosenstein says he may need to recuse himself from the Russia Investigation.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/deputy-attorney-general-privately-acknowledges-recuse-russia-probe/story?id=48080253

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Ardlen posted:

If Rosenstein recuses himself, doesn't that mean he can't fire Mueller? I guess that is one way to tell Donnie 'no' without getting fired yourself.

cowboy elvis posted:

The duty to fire Mueller will fall to Rachel Brand if Rosenstein refuses himself.

Which is concerning. Rosenstein seems to be a career dude that despite some questionable calls, is trying to stick to the letter of the law even when it upset Donnie. Where as Brand has been in and out of DoJ depending on who's in office. Part of me worries she'd fire Mueller out of party loyalty (though I admit I have no basis for this opinion other than her being a Bush appointee at one point and only coming back after Donnie won the election).

Let's hope I'm wrong!

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Edit: I have a bunch of money saved up for a house but house prices have been going up so loving much the last few years it's almost impossible. Every time I look at houses listed for 300k are selling for 400k+. It's getting ridiculous where I am (and the surrounding area is even worse)

Where abouts are you looking out of curiousity? My girlfriend and I have debated buying a place up in N.S. once we're married but I told her pretty much anything in B.C. or near Toronto was off limits.

Also, remember when the liberals said they were gonna do something about housing affordability? lol.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jun 16, 2017

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Larry Parrish posted:

Dont worry Bruh. Barry O bailed out the pieces of poo poo who intentionally inflated the housing market

Pay no attention to the fact that in California at least, prices are already at pre recession levels

I was referring to Canadian housing not America. I live in the DC Metro area right now and housing prices are insane here, but semi-reasonable once you're ~hour or so outside the city.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

the NBC affiliate in CT is refusing to air the Alex Jones interview, mainly because of sandy hook

kinda crazy

Plot twist, it's an NBC owned affiliate.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

Probably those toys for tots marines!!!

So I wonder if Warmbier was on his way out and that's why the Norks let him go or if his parents just pulled life support since he was a vegetable?

Pretty :smith: story either way.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Getting word that Spicer is out. Confirming now.

Edit: not out out, but he's no longer going to be giving briefings. Taking the comms director position for now while they look for a replacement.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jun 20, 2017

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Waroduce posted:

i got a dog

thats a current event

:3:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Smiling Jack posted:

I have complete faith the Dems will gently caress this up

I fully expect the Dems to lose at this point because people suck and it's Georgia, but I'm gonna repeat this for the millionth time. The fact that they are winning these districts by margins that are significantly smaller than what they usually get is still indicative that people are not happy with how this poo poo has been going and that does not bode well for the GOP in '18 if it continues.

The Dems can still gently caress things up but they can still get a repeat of '06 if they don't gently caress up too many things.

EDIT: This does a better job of explaining what I'm getting at.
https://twitter.com/SteveKornacki/s...6pagenumber%3D6

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

BREAKING

https://twitter.com/exjon/status/877329756403843072

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Pretend I searched for and posted that Vin Diesel gif from the dumb Furious series where he says that it doesn't matter where you win by an inch or a mile.

Pelosi still wins the seat.

Pretend that a gif of Vin Diesel exists in which he enters a race that he usually wins by at least 17-20 car lengths. Except this year, he races and only wins by 2-3 car lengths and also has to dump a ton of NOS when he can usually get away with using very little.

He still wins the race and winning is winning. But now other racers from his crew who usually only win by 2-3 car lengths are in trouble because this new :rice: crew are now performing better as seen in Diesels race and could very well beat them at the next race. Diesel still wins the race. Except now the number of people in his crew have dropped by a significant amount, and Paul Walker is still dead. :iiaca:

I don't understand why people are having a hard time seeing the bigger picture. There's no certainty or guarantee in all of this.The democrats can still gently caress this up massively, but the fact they are competitive in those districts means the GOP are going to have issues during the mid-terms at this rate, regardless if you can see that or not. Hell, if the Dems are this competitive in deep red districts, and the GOP needs to dump gobs of money to keep the seat, it's going to be a lot harder when you have 100 competitive races to dump money into.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

It's not that cut and dry. Political money is weird nowadays - it's almost more of a struggle to spend it than raise it in high profile campaigns. It's not like there were other races to spend it on, and if it weren't for the GA-09 special election that money may not have even been raised in the first place (most of the D money came from within the district). Should they have just saved it for the 2018 house race in that district? Or spent it on statewide races where they stand even less of a chance?

And while it's fair to point out Handel did about as well as Trump there, it's also worth nothing that she performed much, much worse than Price in 2016. Spending $30m to seriously contest a seat that was just a few months ago a foregone conclusion and the media narrative that helps drive ("are Republicans in trouble?") is arguably worthwhile.

It's also worth pointing out a large chunk of the money Ossoff spent was raised locally, whereas most of Handel's money came from the National GOP and national groups.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jun 21, 2017

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

"When this baby hits 88140 MPH, you're going to see some serious poo poo."

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jun 21, 2017

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

EXCLUSIVE: Sen. Tom Cotton Intern Calls British ‘Faggots’ and Paul Ryan a ‘Cuck’ in Audio Recording

This guy literally sounds like an unhinged cartoon character.

Also, come for the "Benedict Arnold was a homosexual" comment and stay for the stupid "only 3% of colonists fought the British, makes you think!" trope.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

LingcodKilla posted:

Yeah he was more of a bumbling idiot than a malicious rear end in a top hat.

More bumbling idiot surrounded by malicious assholes.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Mzuri posted:

A BBC reporter found a memory chip from a phone on the dead body of an effeminate-looking IS fighter in Mosul and decided to track him and his buddies down.

The article has lots of photos from the chip, and is worth the time it takes to read it.

The Secret Lives of IS Fighters

Pro-click.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Six Nazi spies were executed in D.C. White supremacists gave them a memorial — on federal land.

:stare:

Honestly liked the one idea of breaking it apart with sledgehammers but I guess the left was tolerant for once.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Also dude looks like Punjab version of Ron Swanson.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Oh cool, not only are we getting a final showdown on whether cakes can be gay or not, we're also getting this.

Supreme Court Will Hear Travel Ban Case

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I honestly cannot see Roberts or Kennedy voting to leave the ban in place.

Then again, darkest timeline, etc etc.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

FAUXTON posted:

Much like Ed balls himself, retired justices can't join opinions on cases.

If Kennedy was going to retire before the start of next term, it would have happened by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

redneck nazgul posted:

oh great, you just identified another all black population for republicans to murder

:perfect:

• Locked thread