Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Working for pislyak meetin' with kislyak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zeris posted:

What if...fire good?

What if there wasn't a fire

What if fire didn't exist

What is fire

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Mr. Nice! posted:

Comey's testimony isn't hearsay, but his memos would be. They fall under hearsay exceptions, though.

It's funny that one convenient way Comey memorialized his memos, with date/time stamps and all, may have been via email archive.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

I wonder when a Walmart employee will snap and shoot their manager.

lmao like they pay them enough to buy a gun or a bullet

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I work in anti-money laundering and lmao at fake truckers

YES EYE YAM GRIGORY TRUKDRIVEYAN PLEEZ CASH CHECK NO NEED TO VERIFY FUNDS

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Outrail posted:

Where's the down side in pulling some defense/economic stimulus cash and putting it into infrastructure/economic stimulus?

Ike framed it as both lmao

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Casimir Radon posted:

Fixing roads costs money and people don't want to pay their taxes even when infrastructure is getting dangerously worn down. We're coming up on the 10th anniversary of the I35W bridge collapse and people have pretty well forgotten what happens when you get cheap with infrastructure.

all the snazzy GOP mayors are wringing the money out of their cities and spending it making suburban roads billiard-table smooth with 14-foot lanes plus fully paved shoulders. Then they can point to the shattered roads in the actual civilized areas and be like "THOSE UNION THUGS" like the local union signed off on only funding street maintenance at 100% in SFR, low density residential-only areas 20 miles away from anything that wasn't a beige office park.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

crazyivan45 posted:

They need to send astronauts to Memphis to practice driving on the surface of the moon. This city destroyed the suspension on two of my cars in under a year. Instead of fixing pot holes the city just throws giant 2inch thick metal plates over them. Because hitting one of those fuckers at 50mph doesn't have any negative repercussions

at least you get steel plates

Here in Omaha they come by and grind your neighborhood street into gravel because Kaedyn, Reagynn, Braeden, and their baby sister TRUMP need their loving farm lane paved out like an expressway so mama bear can really get loose with the Durango.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

FastestGunAlive posted:

This article is generating a lot of attention I think: http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/lo...m=.148c2598899a

I've shared several similar articles that explore "dying" American rural areas and I've felt a mix of disgust and pity for the people every time. This one I feel genuine sorry for. No idea how the hell you fix this. Hopefully one of the kids can break the cycle and get a half way decent job or something

The kids grew up having grandma tell them constantly that they're autistic and presumably blaming their mother (who is a whole other depressing story - mosaic syndrome and 4 kids) as the reason why. They're growing up believing pain pills can bring a dead dog back to life (they thought it was dead at the time) and their household swallows more pills than a pharmacist with pica. The article touches on it - the kids' SSDI checks are the difference between "manageable poverty and crushing poverty" and since granny is basically the head of household because mom's downs for the count, she's trying to pass them off as autistic to get like an extra $1200 a month in SSDI. It doesn't help that poverty and insular rural living causes mental decay and emotional dysfunction on its own, but the grandmother loving raises them like you'd "raise" stray dogs. Ok, feed them a couple times a day, pet them when they're friendly, yell if they get rowdy, but ultimately ignore them if you get overwhelmed. So she retreats to her opioids and soap operas turned up to full blast to drown them out.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Six quid a pint, gently caress I'd take it with me too.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lol donny has enough lovely baby reasons to sell Qatar out but isn't al jazeera HQ'd in Doha?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Would there be any way to prevent the thousands of eligible ATCs from retiring with the public employee benefits they earned? Like without sending in the national guard and making them work at gunpoint, that is.

After that, would they even be willing to try privatizing the benefits those controllers have earned? Like sure ok they retire and the industry loses 10k skilled employees in 90 days. Would there be any kind of basis for a threat to say "if you leave during this you get nothing?"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Reality "Reichstag Fire" Winner

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Deathy McDeath posted:

Realtalk I think the term "Racist Perjury Elf" is awkward and cringe every time you use it.

welp back to my posting cave.

Yeah you should use Plantation Gnome instead

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

redneck nazgul posted:

Yeah, but those imams only have to answer to Allah. Do you know how many full-birds would be up that chaplain's rear end?

Yeah once you get off the ground and you're not dealing with particularly lovely brass they're acutely aware of the political (as in "hearts and minds" if you will, not as in "how the war plays in peoria" but I guess that would apply in some cases too) ramifications of certain actions because hell they're old and just want to retire without a quagmire stuck to their name. Higher-ups would probably be making drat sure OBL got a by-the-book sea burial in accordance with all applicable Quranic rites and particular Sunni funereal practices as applicable, because they need nothing less than to deal with more dead soldiers because some fuckup on a boat decided to dry-hump the corpse of a dead terrorist, no matter how hated he was.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Spacman posted:

Donald Trump's Russia links will dwarf the Watergate scandal, says James Clapper

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-07/donald-trump-russia-links-will-dwarf-watergate-scandal/8597874

I always laugh at that section section of the ABC site: 'Trump's America'

clap pls

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Thwomp posted:

It was a nothingburger in terms of nothing new or revelatory was discussed.

But it did confirm, under oath, that Comey felt Trump made an ask of him to lift the Russia/Flynn investigation and that Comey was fired over Comey's handling of said Russia/Flynn investigation.

That's essentially what brought down Nixon (asking for the independent prosecutor to be fired, abuse of power).

Thing is, the GOP doesn't care and there aren't enough people to care enough to vote them out in 2018. The pervasive corrupt behavior of one party in protecting their godhead from the legal ramifications of his own pervasive corruption isn't nearly as important as it was 40+ years ago because back then college was affordable and minimum wage was generally livable.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Yeah and all but gently caress the Tories

gently caress the Tories

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

BaconAndBullets posted:

And also don't wear them in the rear

And also don't advertise the fact that they have a weapon

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Smiling Jack posted:

uhhhhh open carry plus the uniform is usually a signal

I'm taking about uniform cops, guards etc

Oh, I missed the professional part

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lol why badmouth someone when you can disappear them with no more effort than brushing aside a stray hair

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Blind Rasputin posted:

Yeah the live streams of this fire are intense. I've never seen such a large building just flat burn down without hope of being stopped before.

Metaphor for the tories.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Wasn't "Obama gonna blow up the port of Charleston" a conspiracy theory that was making the rounds back in the day?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Blind Rasputin posted:

Doesn't everyone join the military for the lolz?

Some people join for the skulz, others join for the money

They used to join up as part of a sentencing deal too

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Blind Rasputin posted:

Once in your 30s dating girls in their young 20s keeps your metabolism higher its a fact.

:yikes:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Cardio is hell and the only fun way to do it is to gently caress the brains out of other people

Correctamundo. You can also get a good measure of lifting exercise if you really want to be a champion.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

psydude posted:

I really don't have a problem with us shooting down Syrian planes.

It isn't that Assad needs removing, it's that you don't want to do it because of the implication.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

psydude posted:

Oh I'm fully cognizant of his ouster resulting in Iraq 3.0. But that doesn't mean I can't be satisfied with us shooting down an rear end in a top hat or two every now and again.

Look buddy, everyone's satisfied after shooting down an rear end in a top hat or two

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

death count of London fire now 79

Have they mentioned anything about their search pattern and/or how much of the building they've searched? Just wondering if they're going floor by floor and are like 5 floors in, or if they're just all over the place depending on stability/accessibility and reporting bodies as they stumble over them.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Has no one posted that the kid that just got back from North Korea died

HE LEFT HIS BRAAAAAAAINNNN

IN NORTH KOREAAAAAAA

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

what happens to a human head at that point

Assuming the 1500 ft lbs of energy is still being delivered by the nose of the bullet, it probably experiences catastrophic structural failure.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Reverand maynard posted:

I hope he they hang him

quote:

But FBI agents searched the device and found other documents and messages that Mallory thought had been deleted, according to the affidavit. In one message, Mallory wrote to the suspected Chinese agent, "your object is to gain information, and my object is to be paid."

loooooooolllllll

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Couldnt he mail it to himself (like physically) or something smarter than trying to bring it back in your loving carry on?

Then again this is the guy who sold state secrets for only $25 000.

He could have had them buy a goddamn condo in NoVa and then let him "find" a buyer (oh look here's another chinese 'investor' with a bunch of USD ready to be wired through HK!) in exchange for ~$25k cut. With the prices out there it'd be a real fuckin' marginal item in the record of the sale and if anyone asked, documentation would be real easy to fabricate. Because they're state actors they wouldn't even need to gently caress around with conning the SAFE to get around the $50k conversion limit.

Or just have him set up a luxury car brokerage business, he buys Land Rovers and BMWs and poo poo, they buy them from him at a stupid markup, they get crated over to Tianjin with all the other laundermobiles already being used to launder triad money as it is.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jun 23, 2017

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

tastefully arranged labia posted:

it must be seen in full sized glory

also possibly turned into a shameatar

those shorts appear to be rather tight around tormp's booty.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I wouldn't be surprised if Mueller asked for it to be kiboshed to avoid an Ollie North situation where someone could appeal based on an immunity offer from one investigation influencing testimony on another, resulting in conviction. Puts the fuckers in a tough place because they know they could sabotage it that way but also want to kill the investigation as a source of headlines.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

TBeats posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/878946025662296064

I have no idea what he is trying to accomplish with this tweet that doesn't just shotgun blast both feet off.

"What's so wrong about collusion btw, not saying I did but if I did, she did too, right?"

Trump is a staggeringly dumb man

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Handsome Ralph posted:

I honestly cannot see Roberts or Kennedy voting to leave the ban in place.

Then again, darkest timeline, etc etc.

Much like Ed balls himself, retired justices can't join opinions on cases.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Woof Blitzer posted:

Much like a kidney stone, it will pass

And the piss will flow once more.

Tapes aside, I'm having a hard time believing the Carter Page story was the tick tick thing the tick tick Wittes guy was ticking about. He tends to know when a story makes waves and "The FBI has spoken to Carter Page multiple times about his Russia ties" is basically water-is-wet level news.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jun 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

You're trump, you know your staff has been getting media calls all week talking about poo poo you know is going to look real fuckin' bad, like Flynn and Page both flipping and implicating you for what is going to play as full-on treason. You hoped the BCRA would flood the headlines enough but it's looking to go down in flames because your party is schizophrenic (dubiously better than comatose like the Dems) and you need something to suppress everything for the rest of the week.

So, threaten Syria. There's no intelligence, no actual knowledge of a planned chem attack, it's just poo poo you know Assad's done and will do again. If there is an attack, then you get to bomb a military base after having "warned" Assad. If there's no attack, then you look like someone exerting a little of the ol' peace thru threat. Downside is, of course, the rest of the federal military apparatus saying you're full of poo poo (without actually saying "ol' pissbrain is just yelling at the TV again") and it making you look like you just tried bluffing with a valet ticket and a punch card.

• Locked thread