Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

TBeats posted:

Actually FYI (1) trump isn't impeached yet so (2) Soros asked his (3) deep state agents to stick around.

Scavenger hunt:

I will donate $20 to a charity of your choice if someone finds a comment somewhere like that. It has to include two of the three things in that sentence as justification for them staying in DC.

Can't find one that mentions deep state AND Soros :( (this is from a different Breitbart article on the Obama buying a house):

quote:

That was my first question too. Maybe a bonus from Soros.

quote:

George Soros says he earned it - was a good soldier.

quote:

Likely George Soros and his other friends have paid for Obamas homes for all of his hard work destroying America the last 8 years for the Soros agenda.

quote:

George Soros

quote:

SOROS$$$ BUYS O'BO'ZO'S NEW DACHA!! ONNA {PRESIDENT'S SALARY}??? #Y'AGODDABEKIDDIN!!!!

quote:

Where did they get the money? Did we send it to Obama via Iran? Or did Soros buy it for them? Should be public information

quote:

maybe some of Hillary's missing billions?

quote:

Hmmm, let's follow that money and see where it came from? Iran? Saudi Arabia ? Mexican drug cartels? Globalists like Soros? All of the above?

quote:

Clinton Global Initiative

quote:

Soros has no problem with writing the check

quote:

Being Soros's bird dog really pays off, doesn't it Okie Doke?

quote:

Sorosprompter or crackberrie(??)... .

quote:

Or Soros and crew are rewarding Obama for a job well done.

quote:

Yeah, where did he got all the money??? His total salary in 8 years is $ 3.2 million . Something is fishy!!! Of course, those under the table deals. And Soros- elites- who else ?? What do ypu think??? Hmmmm😎😎😎

quote:

Soros paid him well.

quote:

Smells like George Soros money

quote:

George Soros has been berry berry good to me...

quote:

Who is financiing Obama? Saudi? Qatar? Soros?

quote:

All of the above, and the Clinton Foundation.

quote:

Look into the stimulus dealings with "shovel ready" jobs. I dont recall there being that many? Oh wait the greenies got more money and yet still no viable green energy. Solendra anyone? We all know the crook Soros was heavily involved in that stimulus. So yes an audit is needed there is no way he is going to spend his own money leasing 3 homes. He would be broke. I just wonder 8200 sq ft! WOW how much ENERGY is that house going to use..could you imagine his carbon tax! Oh wait elected officials don't have to obide by the same laws as the little people that pay this scumbags salary.

quote:

Soros loves spreading the wealth. Why do you think Obama is staying in D.C. to spread his special brand of hate & violence at the Trump admin? Because Soros is paying him.

quote:

Soros hand-out

This is all from one article.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

TBeats posted:

that's the good stuff and i probably gave you the lowest hanging fruit out there now that i think about it.

what charity would you like me to donate to?

Doctors Without Borders is my go-to. Thanks!

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Casimir Radon posted:

I want an ai car that can dress me while I'm still asleep and drop me off at the office a few minutes before I'm supposes to start work.

Sure would be nice if all of these productivity gains went towards fewer working hours.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Bit late for coal jobs chat, but yeah, the whole thing is a farce. No one cared about coal jobs going away when it was due to automation - we were digging out more coal with fewer workers, and coal companies were doing great. But now that there's an actual decline in coal production and bottom lines are being threatened, coal workers are suddenly sacred cows that need veneration and protection (p.s. - please give us subsidies. signed, coal companies).

The "piss off liberals thing" is an offshoot of that. The conservative media and politicians who take marching orders from industries including extraction drum it up as a popular cover, and it becomes a cultural thing rather than a financial thing.

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jun 2, 2017

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

It seems like a lot of the people Trump is appointing to these military oriented positions (secretary of army, navy, etc) are ex-military in the private sector, rather than career military. Is that typical? (honest question)

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

"That thing the president did? He wasn't doing that as president." -A top presidential aide

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

Well, Gerrymandering is a hell of a tool. Combined with toxic voters.

Yeah - most local races, congressional districts, and even senate seats are really only contested at the primary level. And in most cases that means such a low level public of engagement that idiocy, especially backed by money, can go very far.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

It's generally safe to assume most government actors are able to penetrate commercial and most other non-government non-specifically secured systems. The question is more who's willing to tip their hand and/or deal with blowback, and clearly Russia stands out on both.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/336557-foreign-relations-chairman-stunned-silenced-by-trumps-qatar-tweets

quote:

Asked for his reaction, Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) first said he hadn’t seen the tweets.

Told by a reporter that Trump accused Qatar of being a state sponsor of terrorism, Corker responded, in a notably lower register, “The president?”

Reporters responded yes, and five seconds of silence later, Corker followed up: “When did that occur?”
Told that it happened Tuesday morning, Corker stood silent for about another 10 seconds.

“I, um, I want to go back and see specifically what he has said,” Corker finally said.

(unrelated)
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/872247491760181249

News? What news?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

West Point is giving their highest award to the guy who did 9/11
https://www.westpointaog.org/thayerawardgeorgebushbiography

"Here's an idea - let's honor someone who got a bunch of our friends and coworkers killed for fabricated reasons!"

How can anyone in the military look at Bush with anything but disgust?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Corbyn is batshit crazy.

May is actively malicious :shrug:

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Competent at least.

This latest campaign and election strongly suggest otherwise.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Sorry for your loss, Two Fingers

https://twitter.com/SenWarren/status/872967078952783872

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

No one was expecting Hillary to single-handedly crush the prison industrial complex, just not personally benefit from that sort of exploitative labor. Hire mansion servants at fair market wages, issue a statement about not accepting slave labor just because there's a constitutional exemption for the particular form of it she was enjoying.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Victor Vermis posted:

Yeah this sort of hyperbole in no way trivializes the country's sad history of actual human slavery nor completely disregards the debts these prisoners (including black prisoners) owe to their communities (including.. wait for it.. black communities).

I hope the left never gets gutted by its stargazing fringe retards the way the right has.

How is it hyperbole? The 13th amendment specifically says that slavery is cool when someone has been convicted of a crime. It's the legal justification for the working conditions prisoners can be put in, and Clinton justified it as cheap gardening services. It's a direct extension of the system that the south used to railroad people, mostly minorities, for crimes to exploit them for their labor.

Strongly recommend this book - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0067NCQVU

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

:siren: TRUMP tweets :siren:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/873878232264822784

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/873879934040780801

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/873884774041079808

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

M_Gargantua posted:

If you change 'purposefully infiltrating' to something covering the fractional Ben diagram overlap between white supremists, people who wanna be John Wayne and shoot someone but aren't racist, and the type of people who aspire to be law enforcement you'll go from dumb conspiracy theory to statistical correlation to the American police force

There is a legitimate "correlation" between law enforcement and racist political structures at the local level, it's not a conspiracy theory.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Larry Parrish posted:

I don't like that people online generally are like SHE WAS A MUSLIM TEENAGER like that's worse than murdering a teenager, ever

If you're murdering someone because you have an issue with their race/religion*, yeah, that's "worse" than killing someone in a lover's spat or even a random stranger. Is it a weird concept that we would treat crimes differently based on motive?

*when that's the case, which this incident doesn't seem to be

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Blind Rasputin posted:

In good news this paranoia story is making the rounds some more.

http://www.newschannel10.com/story/35618160/fidget-spinners-are-they-safe

Maybe the fidget spinner stupidity will finally end. Mom's are terrified of lead.

Flint spinner crisis.

Wouldn't you need to pulverize and eat the spinner for that to be a problem?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

No, the issue is that the Taliban has recently been known to pose as Aid workers and target Aid workers who are giving the vaccines, resulting in people avoiding getting them.

Also Western intelligence services posing as aid workers providing vaccines, resulting in the Taliban targeting aid workers. That plan clearly wasn't thought through by whatever jackass concocted it.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Zeris posted:

It was a CIA plot to test needles that had been used for vaccinations for Bin Laden's DNA, hoping that his kids were just strolling around whereeverthefuck, Pakistan.

It's not like a CIA plot was really necessary to get the Taliban chasing after aid workers though. That hobby goes back to the 90s.

The bin Laden thing wasn't the first or last time that tactic was used. USAID for example has had its mission undermined for decades because people don't trust the legitimate aid workers aren't spies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Best Friends posted:

If winning wasn't possible, then spending $30M was a bad decision. Also oddsmakers had dems winning. It was absolutely considered winnable 24 hours ago. This is reality shifting to cover an L. Also Trump barely won the district. Maybe deciding to not run against Trump and instead running on (ERROR: ARRAY UNDEFINED NO DATA) was a mistake.

It's not that cut and dry. Political money is weird nowadays - it's almost more of a struggle to spend it than raise it in high profile campaigns. It's not like there were other races to spend it on, and if it weren't for the GA-09 special election that money may not have even been raised in the first place (most of the D money came from within the district). Should they have just saved it for the 2018 house race in that district? Or spent it on statewide races where they stand even less of a chance?

And while it's fair to point out Handel did about as well as Trump there, it's also worth nothing that she performed much, much worse than Price in 2016. Spending $30m to seriously contest a seat that was just a few months ago a foregone conclusion and the media narrative that helps drive ("are Republicans in trouble?") is arguably worthwhile.

• Locked thread