Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Problem description: Removed 980 TI SLI setup and replaced with single 1080TI. Now I can only get 2 monitors to display. Third one is there but won't extend.

Attempted fixes: Did a full DDU run, same issue. Installed fresh windows on spare drive, same issue. Went back to my old windows load and am about to update the bios on the Mobo.

Recent changes: See problem.

--

Operating system: Win 8.1 64bit

System specs: evga 1080ti

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

I took my time, installed everything sober. Pop the old cards out, new card in.
Black screen on boot. Reset CMOS and at least that got it to show the bios splash screen.
Went in checked all my boot settings. Unplugged and tested boot using each drive seperately.
Ended up having to run windows install and do a repair. Naturally all this did was delete the video drivers.
It appeared to work, but when I installed the new drivers I got to the point I'm at now.
The "non-working" port appears the be the bottom port on the card.
Just wondering what possibilities I'm missing. Hopefully the bios update will fix it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thekgb
May 8, 2005

Komitet Gosudarstvennoy Bezopasnosti: Still watching you!
Is it a displayport or mini-displayport output? I had a similar problem with a system I was building recently and was stumped until I discovered the difference between active and passive displayport adapters and had to buy 4 new DP adapters just to get all the screens working although I believe it can be done with 2 passive adapters and 2 active ones instead of 4 active ones.

https://blog.tripplite.com/whats-the-difference-between-passive-and-active-displayport-adapters/

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
It seems to be the bottom displayport as it follows when I move cables.

I updated bios on the motherboard, at this point I think it's just a bad port and I'm going to have to RMA.
Was hoping it was a software issue cause RMA is a pita since it requires tearing down my water loop again.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Welp, tried everything I can think of.

Was able to get Newegg to let me order a new card and return this one as a defective.

They wanted me to wait to send the card back, then wait 3-5 days "processing" then another 3 days to ship back. Was finally able to get them to at least let me order a new card, then send the old one back for refund.
Newegg and it's "replacement only" policy is bullshit and part of the reason I quit using them, but apparently Amazon charges tax in Colorado now.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Just as a wrap up, it did indeed turn out to be a bad card. Replacement card installed today and everything worked perfectly as it should.

• Locked thread