Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Triangle isn't a classical slasher, but it's a good stabby killer movie with a time paradox gimmick if you haven't seen it yet.

And if you somehow missed It Follows, go un-miss it.

And Final Girls is an OK slasher comedy in the Scream mold. That one girl from American Horror Story is in it, not the annoying blonde, the other one.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jun 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

How about Tucker and Dale vs Evil? It's like 7 years old, but it totally slipped under my radar for a while because of the garbage tier title.

Oh, oh oh! I know. Look up Cold Prey. There's three of them. They're Norwegian so you'll be reading subs or listening to dubs, but they look gorgeous and adapt the classic Friday the 13th formula to the cold North. The lead actress is the tattooed chick from Westworld.

Since Seed of Chucky was complete trash, I think a lot of people skipped Curse of Chucky. It goes back to its roots and cuts all the extra characters though. None of the meta, 4th wall breaking poo poo with Jennifer Tilly. It might be worth a shot if you're a Child's Play sort of fellow. The sequel, Cult of Chucky, comes out this year too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw8rBxYC1Dw

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jun 3, 2017

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

The third Cold Prey is weaker than the others and barely ties into them. I wouldn't go out of my way to see it. The other two, I liked them, but I don't know. I'd feel bad if you spent a bunch of time and money on them and didn't get anything out of it.

Well, at least you know they exist in case you stumble across them somewhere.

If you end up buying any of them from amazon, read the description carefully please. Amazon are always accurate about subs. I looked it up on amazon uk, and there's at least 4 different blu-ray versions of the first Cold Prey / "Fritt Vilt" just in the European region, and only one has English subs from what I can tell. It isn't consistent between each movie in the trilogy either. The first has English subs in Norway, while the second seems to only have Scandinavian subs. I also spotted a trilogy pack, but it didn't have English subs.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jun 3, 2017

• Locked thread