Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

"You know what challenge would add some spice to our game? Routine backtracking every hour exactly." I mean if they had said it out loud maybe they would realize how miserable it sounds.

This could kind of work if you could give her all she needs at once and then so whatever without concern. Or if one oil can was enough. Then not giving her the oil can is basically you saying "I want the bad ending this time." Which is fun sometimes. I like killing the people who depend on me in games when I have the option to actually do that instead of it just being a game over condition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I tried my best to watch the previous episode but it spends so much time fumbling in the dark I think it strained my eyes. The more of this game I watch the angrier I get.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

On the lighting I personally would have an easier time watching the videos with the brightness up even if it kind of defeats the (poo poo) game mechanics.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I can't tell if its bad graphics or intentional that Paulo has no neck. His head just floats above his collar. No one has commented on it so I must assume it's just graphics but it's just one more thing that makes me leery of him despite how helpful he has been. Same as Angela and her oh so cheerful voice. I am sure it's just the complete absence of va direction but she is too drat cheerful for any of this.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Doesn't seem so. They don't even have a wikipedia article.

edit: Wait, the wiki for the Note is unclear, but Team Bughouse was involved with just this game, while NK System Co., Ltd. was involved in a few more titles. Link.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jun 29, 2017

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

VA charges by the line, so if you're going to have someone read a lot of lines, they need to be cheap! That's just math!

(There are so many smilies now that I can't find the one that's :eng101: but with a bent stick and cross eyed)

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Yes, thank you.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Yeah, this game feels very half baked. They had all these set pieces in mind then noticed they had no money or time to really make them, so they just padded the first part of the game all to hell with that "get oil for Angela" bit and had Paulo handle the boss fights they couldn't code off screen. I mean the Master of Death doesn't even have a voice actor because he's not in the game outside of that one model and one painting.

Lots of games of this era had that problem, so unlike some I was not surprised when it started rushing its conclusion, but this one is so cheap and its gimmicks so obnoxious that it stands out.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I knew he was strange and way too convenient. I expected him to be a demon or monster like Necromeda, but I expected him to betray us at the last minute too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I could get behind Koudelka, though I find the antics of the Deception series more entertaining.

• Locked thread