Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Intruder posted:

What a time to be an Astros fan

The last time the Astros were remotely close to this good, I was in a phase where I didn't pay attention to sports at all so this is new and fun for me.

Also that ketchup slip and slide is a disaster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Good for Pujols

Also I slept through my alarm and woke up to the Astros winning again so that's nice

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Holy poo poo, you think everything that can be done in baseball has been done, and every year there's something new

Baseball really is the greatest isn't it? :D

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I'm sick as a dog and been sleeping all day but its certainly pleasant to wake up to a sweep of the Rangers

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Intruder posted:

6 IP 9K for Peacock

Dang good for him

The Astros have a chance to straight up bury the division this month. Remaining games:
4 @ Royals
3 Angels
3 Rangers
3 Red Sox
4 @ A's
3 @ Mariners
3 A's
a 3 game series against the Yankees starts on the 30th.

Red Sox and Yankees are the only clubs over .500 in that stretch and there are a lot of games vs the division.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Here's a crazy stat for you

ESPN posted:

Houston's 7-8-9 hitters are now batting .285 and slugging .502 -- that's better than the MLB average for the 3-4-5 spots (.265/.459).

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

quote:

KANSAS CITY -- The Astros have called up right-handed pitcher Francis Martes, ranked as their No. 1 prospect according MLBPipeline.com, a source confirmed for MLB.com. Martes is expected to help the Houston's beleaguered bullpen in a long-relief role.

Martes was scratched from his scheduled start for Triple-A Fresno on Wednesday night. Martes, 21, hasn't pitched well this year at Fresno, going 0-2 with a 5.29 ERA in eight starts. In 32 1/3 innings, he's allowed 40 hits, 28 walks, five homers and struck out 38 batters. He has a 2.10 WHIP and opponents are hitting .299 against him.

That doesn't really sound like a guy who will be much help (2.10 WHIP jesus)

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Cool now Lance McCullers is on the 10 day DL

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Its very frustrating.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I hate days like today when games don't start til like 6 PM and then a whole bunch go. I prefer when theyre spaced out so I can watch baseball from noon til midnight.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
There's 3 picks in and the draft tracker hasn't updated get your poo poo together MLB

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I have to say I think the Braves got a steal with Kyle Wright at 5

Feel free to quote this if he flames out

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Intruder posted:

Reddick reinstated, Fisher optioned. Aoki remains an Astro

gently caress youuuuuuu.gif

what the gently caress

e: as you mentioned in another post the only thing I can think of is its service time somehow

further e: I went looking for the super 2 cutoff and apparently it varies based on the callup decisions of all MLB teams, but this is the TLDR version from Fangraphs:

quote:

There’s variation in the cutoff, but you can safely assume it will be between 2.120 and 2.150, meaning that if you keep a player down for about 65 service days in their first year, you will not have to let them pass through arbitration four times.

2.120 means 2 years and 120 days

fast cars loose anus fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jun 20, 2017

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I think Rolen would have gone in in another era but there are just too many great players waiting right now (which is a reason the HoF should get rid of its stupid vote limit but good luck with that)

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I hate the stupid "unwritten rules" if you don't want a hitter to admire the dinger he hit off you don't throw a lovely pitch

Or strike him out next time and flip your glove into space but don't be a whiny loser about it

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Dayan Diaz sent down, Reymin Guduan up

I mean you're never not getting sent down after an outing like that really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
We've recalled Dayan Diaz and optioned Reymin Guduan because why not I guess

• Locked thread