Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I think it's a pipedream but the Cubs should have a big local TV contract coming due when Harper hits free agency. Also Heyward has a no-trade clause up till 2020. Cubs also have a really good RF in the pipeline.

Feels like the money would be better spent on a starter.

Niwrad fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jun 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Weird situation. I think the Cubs would outright suspend him if he had been arrested or there was a police investigation into the matter. But I'm gathering this is from an Instagram post by one of his wife's friends? He isn't playing tonight which feels right and I get the feeling he probably won't play this weekend until things become a little clearer.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

beejay posted:

Kyle Hendricks to the 10 day DL with right hand tendinitis. That's not good.

Sounds like it'll be the minimum and he'll just miss a start or two. At least it wasn't something in the forearm.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Hot take: Lance Lynn is better than all three of those pitchers, and will probably be available. Although only a ~2 month rental, while the guys you mention would be longer term trades.

Archer is better. Lynn's been pretty lucky this year.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Kyle Schwarber for Chris Archer. Let's do this.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Holy poo poo the comments on that article are something else.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Inspector_666 posted:

I would take Archer over the rest. Lynn and Gray have injury concerns, and Quintana is just sucking.

I don't understand the fawning over Lynn. He's got a BABIP of .201 this year. That's not holding up. Still a nice starter but not in the same league as Archer in my opinion.

kensei posted:

Never read the comments. Ever.

I made the mistake of thinking everyone would be in agreement that molesting 4 year olds is bad.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Has anyone read "A Whole Different Ball Game" by Marvin Miller? Looks fascinating and got it for a buck at a used book store.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Please tell me this isn't staged.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVJGe4_FBvB/

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The Cubs do not appear to be a good team this year. Last year's playoffs broke Joe Maddon.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

So Schwarber was the first man to hit one over Shea Bridge last night?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Rand alPaul posted:

Andrew Miller should be a starting pitcher but the Detroit Tigers are so loving terrible at developing talent that he had to drift around the league for half a decade to be fixed.

Is there a reason why he hasn't been converted back to a starter? Just too late in his career?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Inspector_666 posted:

Yeah, things don't seem so great in the Cubs clubhouse right now.

https://twitter.com/CSNMooney/status/879896963193462788

Montero seems like garbage on and off the field. I remember him crying about playing time last year when he was atrocious.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

It probably went deeper than the comments yesterday. Still think him calling out Maddon right after the World Series rubbed people the wrong way. Especially when it was clear that Montero had no business playing in the postseason.

Montero had the slowest pop time in the league this season and looked even more out of shape than normal. I'll never forget the Grand Slam in the NLCS or the Game 7 RBI single. But his defense made him unplayable and pissing off teammates didn't help. Caratini deserves a shot but if it doesn't work out, there are always defensive backup catchers available for next to nothing.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Carlosologist posted:

it appears that the Cubs have fallen under the Curse of Trump, as Kris Bryant just left the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt1Pwfnh5pc

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

This is kind of amazing since it should be harder to get ejected these days with instant replay.

https://twitter.com/JRFegan/status/880250875062747137
https://twitter.com/CSNHayes/status/880249487951880193

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

That sucks about Trea Turner. He is fun as hell to watch.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

gently caress! Fowler is the coolest person to ever wear a Cardinals uniform.

Edit: Oh gently caress me you're talking about Dustin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Inspector_666 posted:

Are you loving kidding me? There isn't even netting there?

What the gently caress are the White Sox doing.

Jerry Reinsdorf probably figured he could save $30.

• Locked thread