Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Kirios posted:

Spoilers: We lose

Rain delay of execution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Intruder posted:

What a time to be an Astros fan

Watching Cleveland and Houston for twenty years has conditioned me to expect failure at any moment, no matter how well they're playing. Still, it's a loving blast watching them right now and I've got tickets for the 9th so :woop:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Sydin posted:

Edinson Volquez has been doing a thing for eight innings now.

Is that no longer an unwritten rule? Because both MLB Tonight and the MLB app just straight up called it a n* h***** :argh:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

seiferguy posted:

I wish someone would Nancy Kerrigan the Astros, goddamn

Let us have one nice thing <:mad:>

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Intruder posted:

If I ever go to Seattle again I'll have to make sure it's while the Astros are in town so I can come decked out in orange :getin:

I hate the neon orange, but it definitely excels at drowning out everyone's home team fans.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Intruder posted:

The orange is the best part :colbert:

I love the orange jerseys

They're hideous, dude. The only good uniforms they have are the Road (I know) and navy Alternates.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Can't find a news link yet, but according to the At Bat app:

quote:

Astros to place LHP Dallas Keuchel on 10-day DL with lingering neck discomfort.
Translation: He slept wrong and cricked his neck again. :cripes:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

It's fun seeing Astros fans being treated like Cubs fans were last year. :munch:

Yeah, all 4 of us

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Pancakes posted:

This past week has me just completely depressed about the Cardinals. I'm getting by rooting for the Astros and for Albert to hit some more dingers. When McHugh gets back I'll be even more vocal, probably. Hope you enjoy having a Cardinals fan as an ally!

This is acceptable. And speaking of McHugh, he's officially on the 60-Day DL now.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Intruder posted:

Carlos Beltran and Francis Martes for Kyle Schwarber :colbert:

Don't do that, I just bought a Beltran shirt three days ago :ohdear:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

I like when MLB games spontaneously turn into little league.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

I want to see him stand next to Altuve.

Dingleberry Jones posted:

In 9 hours I will be leaving for my first ever trip to the Hall of Fame. I'm stoked. Has anyone ever been? Any pointers? When I first started dating my girlfriend I mentioned to her that the Hall of Fame was one of my lifelong dreams, and for my birthday, she surprised me with this trip.

I might no-shame cry when I get there.
I was last there 9 years ago, so I'm not sure how relevant my advice would be. I would suggest taking your time above all else. There's a lot to see and it's tempting to rush through there, but try not to.

Going there with my grandpa is a very fond memory. Just soak it all in man, it's a very cool place. :unsmith:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

I honestly thought that was a child until I realized what I was looking at.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Someone go over to the clubhouse and kiss all the boo-boos and oopsies because losing (almost) the entire starting rotation due to things like "neck discomfort" and "back discomfort" is loving horseshit. This team can't survive with three glass cannons.

Hinch should just buy them all memory-foam mattress toppers and pillows since that's apparently a HUGE SOURCE OF PROBLEMs for these fucks.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Josh Reddick out with a mild concussion now. Eventually they'll just start pulling people from the stands to fill the Astros roster.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Intruder posted:

Having a double digit division lead when all your pitchers get injured is actually a pretty good time

Imagine dealing with this poo poo on October 1st.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Fisher's in the starting lineup for tonight.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

MrMidnight posted:

Cool. I hope you break your losing streak tonight.

Don't hold your breath, though you might see the line drive that takes my head off.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

all-Rush mixtape posted:

N: The Astros drafted Trei Cruz in the 35th round.

V: You may have heard of his grandfather and father, Jose and Jose, Jr.

Maybe they'll unceremoniously fire him after two decades with the team too

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Poque posted:

they sure do

fat elvis no :smithmouth:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Are Beltran's HOF odds pretty decent? I've read several articles that assume he probably won't get enough votes to stay eligible for more than 1-2 years.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
He could always just buy one off eBay, but I guess that wouldn't provide the thrill of shoving a child out of the way or begging another adult for it.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

What was this? The tweet was deleted.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

cis autodrag posted:

but, like, the mere spirit of aoki should make you love him unquestioningly. im not sure you understand this game if you expect players to be *good* to earn your undying love.

If that spirit exists, he doesn't show it on the Astros. He's easily irritated when he strikes out, he gets pissed off when he fucks up a play and other than that he merely exists. The pregame ceremony after he hit his 2,000th is the only time I've ever seen him emote something other than irritation. There are better lovely Astro players to love.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Intruder posted:

Also I just saw the thing on Deadspin about how George Springer is using the bat designed for Mookie Betts. I had literally never seen the axe handled bats before. I think about all the blisters I could have avoided... (never felt quite right wearing gloves when playing softball)

(more accurately I basically always forgot my gloves)

I'd also never heard of these things before and I'd love to try one out. Trying hard to justify the $130 cost just to tool around with one in a cage. :sweatdrop:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Tempted to buy a PS4 just for The Show because Xbone has exactly jack poo poo for baseball games and I've been jonesing pretty hard for one.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

alpha_destroy posted:

I don't know what's better, the fact Stevie is gonna play 3 positions or the "catcher, move outta the way."

My favorite is the :effort: bat throws and trying to pick up the ball bucket and dumping half of it

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

This is from two pages ago, but Ted Cruz is not allowed to root for the 'Stros. The Rangers can have that slimy gently caress, that's my head canon.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

marioinblack posted:

This was the view from my seat tonight:

PNC Park is a cool park if I do say so myself.

Minute Maid is nice, but sometimes I wish it was a traditional roofless stadium. There's just something better about watching games in one.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

https://twitter.com/Braves/status/880489493882699777

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Intruder posted:

It's remarkable how quickly the Cubs have become the evil team

They were always the evil team :ssh:. Yankees, Cards, and Cubs are the axis of baseball evil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

fast cars loose anus posted:

We've recalled Dayan Diaz and optioned Reymin Guduan because why not I guess

If we don't trade for a starter and at least one reliever soon then this season is hosed

• Locked thread