Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

euphronius posted:

Phillies question

Is there any particular reason they don't call up prospects ever . Is it a legit team building strategy to leave guys in the minors until they are 24-25. Not being snarky just noticing that the dodgers for example do not do this

Ask and ye shall receive.

Sort of.

The Phils DFA'ed Saunders and Gomez (thank God on both, they were terrible) and called up Cam Perkins and Hoby Milner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

The Odubel .gifs were great and I'm a little upset that Philly fans haven't been talking about him more.

Though I suppose I have no idea if we even have any Philly fans in here.

I try to talk about the Phillies (and how cool Odubel Herrera is :swoon:) but they're bad and not worth talking about right now.

But they did DFA Michael Saunders and Jeanmar Gomez, and Tommy Joseph remembered how to hit, so all is not lost yet.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Phillies called up Nick Williams, he's starting in left field tonight.

:toot:

Also I assume he's going to get a Golden Sombrero tonight as well.

• Locked thread