Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Intruder posted:

Even now I fear playing the Rangers in Arlington. Let's see how this goes

Spoilers: We lose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

astros y'all

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Cubs fans last year and assuming it'll be like that every year has taught me to really cherish this year's team.

Because it could come crashing down sooner than you realize.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Perhaps I could interest you in a....Gerrit Cole, Intruder?

Would only take 1x Francis Martes, 1x Derek Fisher, and 1x Franklin Perez.

Who says no?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Three top 100's and 3 of the top 6 prospects, including the #1 for the Astros wouldn't be enough?

No way in hell I'd want Quintana for that. Maybe someone like Daz Cameron would be added as a high risk / reward prospect

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

no one is saying he loving sucks as a baseball player

he loving sucks as a human being

how is this difficult to understand

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

We may be forced to trade for a starter...

That's not a great position to be in.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Intruder posted:

Oh no, we suck again!

This is the most I've ever seen the Astros deal with injuries, and it's come at a pretty poor time.

At this point I'd take .500 baseball through the All Star break in a heartbeat.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Intruder posted:

Having a double digit division lead when all your pitchers get injured is actually a pretty good time

In terms of going against your primary division rivals, and likely losing most if not all against them.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Angels and Rangers? The past few seasons they've been right up there with the Astros.

Granted, the Angels have lost Trout...but they're still treading water enough for me to be a tad concerned.

It's still 12 games, which is a wonderful cushion to have. But we cannot ignore just how badly the starting rotation's injuries have devastated our entire pitching staff right now. Every pitcher in the bullpen is gassed, the starters are barely making it past 4 innings in the majority of games lately...

It sucks.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

gently caress trading Derek Fisher

Keep him at LF long term, gently caress off forever Aoki

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

ShortThug posted:

Schwarber sent down.

Starting to smell a little...busty in here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Anyone's an improvement over Preston Tucker in the field.

• Locked thread