Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Scooter was 0 for his last 19 until yesterday, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I guess they don't do "Minor League Moniker Madness" anymore?

What the hell?!? Was it because Sicnarf was basically crowned Forever Champion?

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

cis autodrag posted:

It's not a tendon issue. Plantar Fasciitis is literally an inflammation of the Plantar Fascia, which is the whole complex of muscle on the sole of your foot. If you just sit down and elevate it for a day or two when you first notice pain it will totally go away. If your job is to be on your feet, run hard, etc constantly it's just gonna get worse and worse. I imagine that the way they treat someone like Albert is to just jack his feet full of cortisone every chance they get, but it's basically impossible for an athlete to actually recover from without going on the disabled list for a long-rear end time and who wants to do that?

Yep. I had a somewhat mild case of this about ten years ago. During the course of a normal workday, I was walking maybe four miles or so. There was no way around this and no way to take time off to heal up... and keeping weight completely off the foot is the only way it will heal up in any reasonable amount of time.

Because of my walking, mine took about six or seven months to get better, and this was not an extreme case of plantar fasciitis. It really sucked, at times it felt like all the tissue between the ball and heel of my foot was burning. This just would not stop on a lot of days, at least not until I could go home and sit or lay for a couple of hours. I feel sorry for him and anyone else who has this.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

My main joy in watching baseball for about 25 years, was watching pitchers. I know they have always been a whiny mass of phobias who live in mortal terror of the serious arm damage they're all going to inevitably get. I know it has always been the case that a lot of them are poo poo-stupid. These are things I just accepted about them.

But when did it become the case that bat flip/watch HR=bad, and DISRESPECTING THE GAME MISTER, but happy fistpumping stomp-walking off the mound while screaming for joy after a big strikeout was their inalienable right? Especially when strikeouts WAY outnumber home runs? And when the pitcher always has and always will enjoy a much larger degree of success than the hitter, in the duel?

Because at some point, they have collectively turned into a bunch of whiny twats. I got no more sympathy for blown elbow ligaments, line-drive fractured skulls, or anything that ever happens to them. gently caress every one of them forever. They are a disgrace and I wish TJ surgery didn't exist so every single one of them could spend the rest of their lives living in depression about not being to lift their arm high enough to comb their hair, before finally committing suicide.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Sitting here in Dodgers stadium about to watch Kershaw. No home runs tonight Clayton, I'm sorry about what I said about pitchers!!!

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

From what I'm reading here, the statistical fidelity of MLB The Show isn't too great?

Are there sliders or something you can adjust to make the games somewhat resemble real MLB play?

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

OK, I will regret it but I just have to ask. What, in Cowherd's opinion, was the "real" reason homer rate is higher than the peak of the PED era, while hits per nine are lower than any point in the last 40 years?

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Dodgers have hit fifty two home runs in June, and there are still three innings left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Inspector_666 posted:

Pitchers are throwing harder and also people are trying to hit home runs.

That's his case.

I do think it's likely they did something to the ball, and it would be a logical move in response to the balance having tipped towards the pitchers significantly over the past six or seven years.

I'm pretty sure we also know for a fact that just in the last couple of seasons, hitters collectively have been swinging at and making hard contact with a lot more pitches that are low in the zone.

Though I'm not really sure how that comes about, where everyone just suddenly starts hitting low pitches?

• Locked thread