Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Edinson Volquez dedicated the game to Jose Fernandez and Yordano Ventura :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the amazing thing is that the big guns of the rebuild only showed up last year with Torres, Sheffield, and Frazier. the Yankees have always killed it in international FA, so it's no surprise they were able to find Sanchez and Severino

my favorite is that the trade the Yankees made for Hideki Irabu back in 1999 eventually lead to the draft pick they used to select Judge

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

in case you didn't love Clayton Kershaw already:

https://twitter.com/RLeesam/status/876579500104065027

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I'd sign the petition that gets Hample banned from the 30 parks

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Gleyber Torres is dead, long live Gleyber Torres

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

if you wanted an update on the latest wifebeater to plague MLB

http://deadspin.com/addison-russells-wife-files-for-divorce-will-not-parti-1796313188

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Freddie Freeman's moving to 3B when he comes back from injury

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I want this same article but for Aaron Judge

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I loved Curtis Granderson when he was a Yankee, so if he goes to Chicago or somewhere else he's set for a better fate

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

:rip: Julio Urias

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Urias has age on his side so he might be able to recover fully and still be able to play baseball

But man, that's like, the worst possible outcome

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Tim Tebow and the Mets were made for each other, he's definitely playing in MLB by the end of the season

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

All-Star Voting would be legitimately more interesting if starters and relievers were included and not left to the coaching staffs

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

whenever I play the Show I play it with the volume real low and usually listen to something else. if I could, I'd only want the sounds up whenever I hit a homer and let the rest just be ambient noise

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Can't say I remember the last time I saw a guy DFAed right after criticizing the team

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

yuck, didn't the Cubs already do their White House visit?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

it appears that the Cubs have fallen under the Curse of Trump, as Kris Bryant just left the game

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

N: the Yanks' youth movement continues, as Miguel Andujar had 3 hits and drove in 4 in his first game

V: this probably would have been Gleyber had he not busted his elbow, but seeing another kid come up and have early success is good enough for me

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

ragle posted:

Michael Fulmer until today featured four pitches: 2-seamer, 4-seamer, change, slider. MLB career 252 IP 3.14 ERA with them.
Now he's added a curve to be even more unfair to hitters:

https://twitter.com/PitchingNinja/status/880511210785058816

This must be so annoying if you're a hitter, like you spend time during the week preparing by watching tape and then the pitcher pulls some tomfoolery like a brand new pitch out of his back pocket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Clint Frazier will help the Yankees to a resurgent July, hopefully his leg doesn't fall off like Fowler's

• Locked thread