Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

seiferguy posted:

One thing about Mariner fans is that we pick fights with random fan bases on any given year when their fans invade safeco. For awhile it was Yankee fans, then it was "Red Sox fans from Bellevue", then it was Blue Jays fans. If we played the Cubs on a regular basis at home I'm sure we would do the same to them too.

If I ever go to Seattle again I'll have to make sure it's while the Astros are in town so I can come decked out in orange :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The orange is the best part :colbert:

I love the orange jerseys

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

They're hideous, dude. The only good uniforms they have are the Road (I know) and navy Alternates.

:sad:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

So that's what it looks like if you use gate attendance instead of paid attendance

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

If you're referring to the Mariner's/A's game in 1979, 653 was the paid attendance. Actual attendance was around 250.

lmao

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

:siren: NEW AL VOTE LEADER :siren:

https://twitter.com/CBSSportsMLB/status/872138744803061760

Third Base lookin' pretty good as well

Wow, Correa really closed a lot of distance

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Tanaka should love it, or perhaps leave it

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ice Fist posted:

What the gently caress does this even mean? Like what kind of language is he even talking about?

You know what he means

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Lost in this is apparently if you hit anything that's hanging down from the roof in Tampa it's a homerun? What kind of rule is that?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Astros officially can't win the Royals series, so they've won every series this season except the two against the Indians and the two against the Royals

gently caress both those teams :mad:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

fast cars loose anus posted:

That doesn't really sound like a guy who will be much help (2.10 WHIP jesus)

He's really good but has had a rough start to the season and really has had a rough start every time he's moved up a level. He's also only 21 though

The funny thing is he was the lottery ticket they got in the Cosart trade

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Hotdog In A Hallway posted:

I am sorry your team is only playing .700 ball :(

Kindly wait until the Astros actually have a championship before pulling the "You can't whine about your successful team" card :colbert:

No one tells the Mariners fans they can't be upset about their team because of 2001!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

This is acceptable. And speaking of McHugh, he's officially on the 60-Day DL now.

Yeah but that goes back to the start of the season. How long does that keep him on the DL from this point?

We also haven't had our annual McCullers injury yet which I'm dreading

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I hope the picks the Astros got from the Cardinals give them the draft pool flexibility to lure Shane Baz away from TCU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It seemed likely we'd be trading for one anyway :shrug:

On the plus side you get to see what you have in Peacock and Paulino until the others get back. It's probably early to call up Martes but maybe he'll blossom

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Astros aren't a team that makes big splashes in the trade market. They won't be going for a Gray or Archer or Quintana. They'll look for like a Vargas or something. That's why any time Gerrit Cole's name comes up I just roll my eyes and don't even consider it

Though it's possible the Astros are hoping to showcase Martes a bit to recover some of his trade value since he's had a rough start to the year :shrug:

The one "big" move they've made was the Gomez trade and that blew up in their face

Now if Gerry Hunsicker was still around I'd consider it a possibility, but it doesn't seem like Luhnow's style

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Hot take: Lance Lynn is better than all three of those pitchers, and will probably be available. Although only a ~2 month rental, while the guys you mention would be longer term trades.

Luhnow pretty much always tries to trade for dudes with multiple years of team control left

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Carlos Beltran and Francis Martes for Kyle Schwarber :colbert:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sydin posted:

I know he's a top prospect but :lol: why are the Astros calling up a guy spotting a 5.29 ERA in AAA?

3/5 of the rotation is on the DL and the pen is completely gassed

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

So I'm seeing that Bryce managed to pull a Benny "The Jet" and knock the cover off the ball, literally

He owns

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I just can't get over this strike zone

It's so big

Even compared to the rest of this series

*Gattis takes a pitch six inches off the plate* Strike!

e: this isn't the GDT

Intruder fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jun 9, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Astros narrowly avoid matching their longest losing streak of the year :toot:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yeah agreed 3B definitely needs an upgrade

Colin Moran is bearing and third base is locked up for the Astros...

e: never mind guys I haven't kept up he's come back to earth

Intruder fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jun 9, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Holy poo poo

:laugh:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Baseball is cool guys

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Turns out Freddie was dragging them down

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Rocco Baldelli aka #1 best dude in MVP 2005

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I wish the Astros hadn't been exposed as frauds #cubsposting

I can definitely see the stuff Martes has that makes him such a hot prospect but man he sure didn't miss bats

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

YeahTubaMike posted:

It didn't even occur to me that it MIGHT be staged until you said that, fuuuuck :smith:

I want to believe.

I have no problem believing someone acted like a cocky douche and hosed himself

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Judge is the same size as Lebron if Lebron put on 15 pounds lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dingleberry Jones posted:

In 9 hours I will be leaving for my first ever trip to the Hall of Fame. I'm stoked. Has anyone ever been? Any pointers? When I first started dating my girlfriend I mentioned to her that the Hall of Fame was one of my lifelong dreams, and for my birthday, she surprised me with this trip.

I might no-shame cry when I get there.

Get a picture with Homer's plaque

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Looking forward to Shane Baz being the newest Astro

*watches him go a pick or two before*

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

fast cars loose anus posted:

Cool now Lance McCullers is on the 10 day DL

You have to be kidding me

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Literally the only member of the rotation who isn't on the DL is Mike Fiers holy gently caress

e: Oh wait Musgrove is back

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

MrMidnight posted:

My exact words when I found this out: "You have to be loving kidding me".

I really hope we're just being extra careful with such a big division lead. Can't believe our top SP right now is loving Fiers.

Ehh Fiers has had a couple good outings but I'd still take Musgrove over him

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Someone go over to the clubhouse and kiss all the boo-boos and oopsies because losing (almost) the entire starting rotation due to things like "neck discomfort" and "back discomfort" is loving horseshit. This team can't survive with three glass cannons.

Hinch should just buy them all memory-foam mattress toppers and pillows since that's apparently a HUGE SOURCE OF PROBLEMs for these fucks.

Neck problems and back problems are the precise kinds of injuries you try to get guys better from rather than having them pitch through it. They can linger if you don't get them a chance to heal. That's like saying "Elbow discomfort? Get your rear end on the mound and rub some dirt on it"

e: Also the time to let them recover from these kinds of injuries is when you have a huge division lead

Intruder fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jun 12, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Intruder posted:

Looking forward to Shane Baz being the newest Astro

*watches him go a pick or two before*

:(

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Oh no, we suck again!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kirios posted:

This is the most I've ever seen the Astros deal with injuries, and it's come at a pretty poor time.

At this point I'd take .500 baseball through the All Star break in a heartbeat.

Having a double digit division lead when all your pitchers get injured is actually a pretty good time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Allow me to tempt fate: What division rivals?

• Locked thread