Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Abel Wingnut posted:

ruptured patella tendon

surgery TONIGHT

out for the season

Wow

That's awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

How bad is that as a long term injury? Because getting called up and hurting yourself on your first defensive play before you get an AB is loving heartbreaking and I pray to God its not the end of his story.

I know in football it's kind of a death knell for a career, not sure about baseball

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Do I... do I really want to click that?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Inspector_666 posted:

Victor Cruz tore the same tendon in October and was back in training camp the next summer. Then injured his calf and was out another year, but he came back from that and is still playing.

He was also just released because he's bad now

An achilles tear is also how Kobe Bryant's career basically ended

e: ugh, patella not achilles. so nevermind Kobe. But yeah for the most part in football at least patella tears are the end of a career

Intruder fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jun 30, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Inspector_666 posted:

Football and basketball require a lot more lateral movement than baseball, though. Did Cruz lose a ton of straight-line speed?

It sucks, but I don't think it dooms Fowler, although he is/was definitely a speed-tool player.

Well I mixed up injuries in general anyway so eh.

But yeah I have no idea how a torn patella would affect a baseball player but in football the number of players who've come back to match their previous production is very rare

One of my football team's most important players tore both patella on the same play last season :ohdear:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Inspector_666 posted:

In good and cool Yankees news, the White Sox just IBB'd Aaron Judge with nobody on base and 2 outs because he is the second coming of Ser Barrold.

Wouldn't that require IBBing him with the bases loaded

Some Numbers posted:

I just looked at this game and saw the lineup.

Should I ask why Judge is batting 2nd and Gregorious is batting 3rd? Or is the answer just "Girardi?"

Because he gets more ABs over the course of the season that way?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Inspector_666 posted:

I hate myself after last night so I just spent five minutes listening to Colin Cowherd tell me the real reason for the home run spike and how the idea the ball has changed is ridiculous and I hope Fox Sports 1 dies and he falls off a cliff.

I'm sure you're well aware but your first mistake was listening to Colin Cowherd at all

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I will literally never listen to a word Cowherd says after the Sean Taylor thing

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Popete posted:

The discussion was about sport talk shows not SAS.

I have many original ideas such as the hot dogs being sandwiches

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I have no idea why my post has that extraneous "the" in it

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It's remarkable how quickly the Cubs have become the evil team

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

We've come a long way from "Every time you hit the ball in the air do ten pushups"

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'd like to give Beltran back to the Mets

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Turns out the Astros are bad

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Some Numbers posted:

TIL that 54-27 is a bad record.

Worse than 55-26 imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Houston should be inquiring about people like Pat Neshek, Tommy Kahnle, and George Kontos. Relievers who are pitching well and playing for lovely teams.

I on the other hand, wish the Indians would get some dang help in the starting rotation. I do not like Trevor Bauer.

They just ditched Neshek this past winter lol

• Locked thread