Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Inspector_666 posted:

Can't they just snip the tendon and get rid of the issue entirely?

:gonk: no no :gonk: no no no no :gonk: NO NO NO NO :gonk: NO NO NO NO NOn :gonk: onwONF ONON OL NO :gonk: NO NO NON O :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
NO TENDON SNIPPING

I also have plantar fasciitis and it loving sucks, it's been way better for me this year though. we'll see if it holds.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Heyward to the DL too. Interesting 25 man for awhile.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Timby posted:

I imagine there's a healthy amount of "Well, this guy's 24 years old and still in AAA, might as well see what he's got" in there.

I like the part where he has more walks in AAA this season so far than Javy Baez does in his MLB career

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Read replies at your own risk.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Tom Gorman posted:

i demand abortion night

this is an outrage

Citizens Bank Park has plenty of tickets available.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

shadok posted:

The Blue Jays have a Head of Mental Performance and two Mental Performance Coaches who have been working with him.

As far as I'm aware, the mental aspect of the game and Celebrity in general has been a growing part of the MLB in recent years, which is really smart and honestly a bit better than I expected. I'm glad it's being taken seriously.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Russell to the DL, presumably as a time out to think about what he's done

Really looking forward to more Tommy "Worse Than Lester At Throwing To First" La Stella in the infield.

(We brought up Candelario so we'll probably see Rizzo/Happ/Javy/Candy as the primary IF)

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Inspector_666 posted:

I care about football and playoff hockey, but I don't give up on the baseball season until the last game is played, even if the Yankees don't get past the 162nd.

I read some stat that Jeter played single digit games in his career in which the yankees were mathematically eliminated so please don't act like this is remotely relatable

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Inspector_666 posted:

Recency bias.

:)

It's seriously crazy though to think that the last time the Yankees were mathematically eliminated early* was 1992

* don't know exact criteria for 'early' but '92 was the last time they finished below .500, gotta assume they were in it til relatively late in those 84 win seasons

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Explosionface posted:

Yeah, and I don't know about anyone else, but I don't need a reminder that my dad is dead every goddamn commercial break.

June sucks :sigh::hf::sigh:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Eltoasto posted:

N: Cubs are unofficially re-visiting the white house today because the Ricketts are big Trump supporters.

V: gently caress off Cubs :mad:

quote:

And reliever Carl Edwards Jr. opted to see other sights around the city, instead. “I’m trying to go see like the dinosaur museums,” he said.

LOVE YOU STRINGBEAN

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

There was legitimately a moment where I was at work standing in the entryway of an exec's office talking to him, and somebody knocked on the door above my head to also talk to the exec, and I turned around and it was Ted Cruz, and my entire body went into total panic mode and entered Fight Or Flight before I realized that I was looking at Tom Ricketts and not Ted Cruz. I'm pretty sure I stammered something incoherent and then ran away

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
also that picture makes me want to vomit

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Didn't you also casually greet Pete Ricketts with a nod and a "governor" while combing your Movember mustache?

I had a comb stuck in my giant terror beard, yeah

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
There was a time when I was considering getting a Montero shirt and I'm pretty sure that was when I got Arrieta instead. :geno:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Good Dog posted:

Aren't there approximately 29 other teams that could use Montero's services?

A $14m backup catcher who can't throw out runners?

He is cool, but bad.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

John Wilkes Booth posted:

Was Montero in DC with the team when he got DFA'd? Did he go to the White House?

They met Trump and got him to say "you're fired" and everybody laughed but then everybody stopped and stared at Miggy until he left

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Pancakes posted:

Most of them. SOMEBODY conveniently wasn't able to meet with Obama. Because he's a jackass. Whom I hate.

he didn't meet Trump today, to his credit

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Your Taint posted:

Did we make a corresponding roster move after the DFA? Is Contreras the only c on the roster at the moment?

Caratini is up, maybe he'll lead off.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
oh my god

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

STAC Goat posted:

You joke but the ejection was him basically just saying 1 word to the ump and he was gone. So Renteria really, really wanted to go home early.

Renteria: ......................titties
Angel Hernandez: WHAT THE gently caress YOU'RE OUTTA HERE

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

IMB posted:

Lackey for Bartolo challenge trade let's do this

No take backsies.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

what the gently caress

I don't believe it for a second but what the gently caress

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
like i genuinely hope somebody found my post here and was like "oh this is confirmed, by the cubs" because that'd be out-of-this-world cruel and lovely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
before this n/v goes away I am going to invoke Beefy Lad thread title for my Schwarber error debt payment for June

this includes AAA

• Locked thread