Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Timby posted:

Tom Ricketts himself isn't. The rest of the Rickettses, though, especially Joe (the father), are firebreathing Tea Party types.

Laura Ricketts (the best Ricketts) is a hardcore Hillary-supporting lesbian :patriot:

Poque posted:

There was legitimately a moment where I was at work standing in the entryway of an exec's office talking to him, and somebody knocked on the door above my head to also talk to the exec, and I turned around and it was Ted Cruz, and my entire body went into total panic mode and entered Fight Or Flight before I realized that I was looking at Tom Ricketts and not Ted Cruz. I'm pretty sure I stammered something incoherent and then ran away

Didn't you also casually greet Pete Ricketts with a nod and a "governor" while combing your Movember mustache?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Dexo posted:

Rizzo loving lit him up on ESPN radio this morning.

https://twitter.com/ESPN1000/status/880076242900353024

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Julio Cruz posted:

"players who criticize other players are selfish, now let me tell you how our catcher sucks rear end"

It's only bad if you criticize a teammate publicly, and Montero isn't Rizzo's teammate anymore :eng101:

You could tell Rizzo was miffed about the La Stella thing last season, but he said "no comment" on it publicly.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Sydin posted:

As much as we'd like to believe that clubhouse chemistry breeds a winning team, more often than not it's a winning team that breeds clubhouse chemistry.

Didn't the A's team that won a bunch of World Series in the '70s constantly get into fights in their own clubhouse and even the dugout?

Sydin posted:

I'll probably remember his PH grand slam in the NLCS game one for the rest of my life. The raw emotion of that moment was unreal.

Poque and I were at a wedding in Tennessee during game 1 of the NLCS. It was the only postseason game at Wrigley we didn't attend in person in 2016. Ironically enough the bride was a coworker of his. I was the only one that could get decent cell signal and I remember hitting the update button on my phone during the reception, seeing the score jump from 3-3 to 7-3 and shouting "SOMETHING JUST HAPPENED!" There's a great picture of us with the bride and groom all holding W flags. :3:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Some Numbers posted:

My buddy and I are curious: does anyone know the record for most consecutive singles in an inning? The Mariners had seven a couple of years ago.

I don't know about singles, but I remember the Rockies getting like 11 straight hits against the Cubs at Coors a few years back.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

My theory is the Cubs inherited EYBS from the Giants when they beat them in the 2016 NLDS, so this is all according to plan.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Mike_V posted:

I really appreciate Bryant giving me an alltime great Cubs image.

It's got nothing on Nomar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

It feels like Charlie Morton should be the name of a restaurateur with a chain of steakhouses.

• Locked thread