Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Your Taint posted:

It'll never happen, but Bryce Harper has interest in signing with the Cubs when he hits FA.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/bryce-harper-reportedly-eye-cubs-fit-budget-015708784.html

Not getting my hopes up, but that lineup.... :circlefap:

A guy can dream

The Cubs are deffo the "cool" club right now so it would make sense for a young guy building a brand to go to a place like that, plus don't dudes like playing for Maddon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

Hey I don't think this was answered in the previous thread: Did anybody buy Smart Baseball by Keith Law?

And if so, is it worth buying if you already know advance stats and whatnot?

I liked it, but I wasn't super familiar with a lot of the reasons behind why old stats are bullshit beforehand

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

noah um are you saying you had sex with mrs met

https://twitter.com/Noahsyndergaard/status/872180789626195970

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

remy knows they play a gently caress ton of baseball in non-english speaking countries right

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Sydin posted:

:toxx: If the domestic violence allegations about Russell turn out to be true and the Cubs don't immediately get rid of him in response, I will take applications for a new team to root for.

I'm not rooting for another wife beater. I'd rather root for Ryan loving Braun.

that's a lot of faith in what is, at its core, a business that would hurt its bottom line by dropping a player who could help them win :(

like, not following teams because they have lovely people on them is certainly noble, but you'd be left with no team to root for. the same goes for watching movies or listening to music :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

These are awesome, but I love the difference between LF and RF for Correa--that's neat to see in graphic form

• Locked thread