Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
N: Never forget.

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/870108401598058496

Noah Syndergaard and Kevin Plawecki liked Barstool's Instagram post about it, which is great.

V: I get why the guy got fired, but it still annoys me because that was awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Mr. Met day-to-day after successful skeleton transplant

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

seiferguy posted:

I wish someone would Nancy Kerrigan the Astros, goddamn

Speaking as someone who couldn't give a poo poo less about the AL West in general, I think it's fun watching the Astros dominate.

I wish Dallas Keuchel's beard were round instead of pointy though. That bugs me.

edit: wtf, I thought they were in the AL Central, shows what I know :saddowns:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

I mean, she DID buy him underwear, so I'd say they're on pretty intimate terms.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Niwrad posted:

Please tell me this isn't staged.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVJGe4_FBvB/

It didn't even occur to me that it MIGHT be staged until you said that, fuuuuck :smith:

I want to believe.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

mentholmoose posted:

Ask and ye shall receive.

Sort of.

The Phils DFA'ed Saunders and Gomez (thank God on both, they were terrible) and called up Cam Perkins and Hoby Milner.

I know nothing about him, but Hoby Milner is a pretty great baseball name.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Intruder posted:

lol he's cratered so bad that I literally thought he had like a year or two left at this point

Doesn't he have to get his knees replaced every year or some crazy poo poo?

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Bartolo Colon scratched from his upcoming start for "back tightness", canceling plans for a six-man rotation brought on by Brian Snitker's "brain dumbness".

So they're just going to DL him/sideline him for "discomfort/tightness/fatigue" until he retires, huh? Huh.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

fast cars loose anus posted:

strike him out next time and flip your glove into space

I so desperately want this to become a thing now.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Armitage posted:

Puig pimping out his homer is #2000 on the list of things the Mets need to worry about.

This season should be proof that Dan Warthen should have been fired years ago but instead he's gonna have his number retired when he retires in about 35,000 years.

But no he teaches a lovely slider

*goes back in time to 1 minute before posting in the Meet The Teams thread to show myself this post*

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
N: https://twitter.com/goldbergkc/status/879384550459285504

V: Zack Cozart's about to get a donkey. :getin:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Ace Jameson posted:

Yeah, what's cool about MLB.tv is you can pick either video feed, and use the TV audio, the associated radio feed, or you can just do "park audio", which has no announcers/only ambient sound. Lately when they come back from commercial it goes back to having announcers again. They need to fix that.

You will definitely get commercials, and often you will get the same 3-4 commercials over and over for the entire game. Lately it's been a lot of Gillette on-demand and this horrible Budweiser ad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y_m6VXMrCg

Not nearly as obnoxious as the thousand minute-long "Go Ask Dad" shaver commercials.

cis autodrag posted:

at home I'm gonna use my ps4. Is that app decent?

There have been times where the MLB.tv stream on my PS4 was so good that I forgot I wasn't just watching regular TV. It's really great, especially compared to MLB.tv on my laptop.

When I try to stream games on my phone using At Bat, the broadcast mic randomly cuts out and comes back, and it's weird because I can hear all the other in-game audio all the time.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Inspector_666 posted:

V: I guess Loria saw how the Mets were distracting everybody on the "Horrible team mismanagement" front and are gonna try to sneak a few moves in.

EDIT: Uhhhhh I didn't realize how wretched Adeiny has been at the plate his entire career, this isn't as odious as I thought?

Hech's bat is dead as a doornail, and JT Riddle, while not a defensive juggernaut, has been producing really well. I love Adeiny for sentimental reasons kinda, he was one of my first favorite Marlins back when I was trying to still pretend that I wasn't a part-time Marlins fan, but I'm very excited to usher in the Riddler era.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Speaking of watching games with a non-baseball fan, I went to my first minor league game on Saturday with someone (my friend had to drop out because of a family emergency), and surprise surprise, it was loving terrible. I'm never going to a game with a non-fan ever again.

edit: to be clear, I put my friend's ticket up for grabs on Facebook, hid basically everyone that I thought wouldn't have any interest & that I wouldn't want to go with anyway, and she was of course the first to reply. I didn't try to rope anyone into anything.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Rand alPaul posted:

Baseball is the only sport I watch and care about :(

Same :(:hf::(

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Dutchy posted:

Huh. In my experience even people who don't give a poo poo about baseball tend to enjoy going to a live game, especially at minor league games where it's cheaper, it's like going to BBQ or something for them, just a chill evening outdoors where there happen to be dudes playing a sport that you can laugh at when they gently caress up.

She mostly talked about how she never liked any sports and thought they were silly, then cheered whenever either team did anything. Opposing team catches ball? Yay! Home team hits ball foul? Yay! Home team hits home run? Yay! It was also hot as balls and there was no shade, so I was a bit more irritable than usual. She also claimed she was drunk after like two under-sized beers. Ugh.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
N: After Robert Gsellman injured his hamstring running to first base, Ron Darling had some choice words for the Mets training staff.

https://twitter.com/SNYtv/status/879859786803761152

V:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Charlie Morton's possibly going to start for the Astros on Sunday, which would make the predicted starting rotation 60% healthy.

Yay! :unsmith: I've missed him.

• Locked thread