Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

alpha_destroy posted:

How to enjoy the show:

1.) Turn off the terrible music tracks.
2.) Turn off the commentary.
3.) Get spotify on your phone.
4.) Play spotify on your PS4 by connecting through your phone. Because you're using your phone it just plays in the background and you never have to put the game into suspension or anything.

Now whenever I sit down to play some DD I throw a few albums up on spotify and go. It's the best.

I love the idea of The Show but I couldn't get past the part where I either hit a home run, single or strikeout, as with most games. I guess I could have turned the difficulty up but then I couldn't pitch for poo poo and games ended up as double-digit slugfests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

elentar posted:

Caratini may yet turn out to be one of Frank Wren's worst trades, which is a pretty high bar to clear.

I remember at the time thinking Carantini wasn't all that special but it seemed odd to trade a switch hitting catcher with good numbers at the time and a chance to make the majors eventually?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Inspector_666 posted:

So apparently Dustin Fowler is getting comped to Brett Gardner and people are very mad about it for some reason. I can't think of anybody else on the Yankees in my time of being a fan where the actual career and the perceived career have been so different.

Having a little trouble unpacking that but they're both lefty white guys with similar heights and weights and their game is built around speed (or was). If someone heard that comp from a scout (the comp on a scouting card is just a physical comparison), I guess I could buy it.

Statistically, I don't see it? I guess Fowler has been hitting well in AAA this year?

Is there some kind of Fowler hype going around Yankees boards that the rest of us aren't privy to or is it that Yankees fans don't appreciate Gardner?

tadashi fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 29, 2017

• Locked thread