Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Intruder posted:

What the heck happened to Dyson anyway

He sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Please return Rickie Weeks, Jr. to wherever he came from.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Even better the Rays probably employ another piece of poo poo domestic abuser too!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Intruder posted:

Lost in this is apparently if you hit anything that's hanging down from the roof in Tampa it's a homerun? What kind of rule is that?

:eng101: There are four rings. If you hit them in foul territory, it's foul. If you hit A or B in fair territory, it's a fair ball and you play it where it comes down. If a ball gets stuck, it's a ground rule double.

If you hit C or D in fair territory, it's a home run.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I have an alert

https://twitter.com/mlbtraderumors/status/872601812154675200

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Kevin Kiermaier broke his hip sliding into second :smith:

Also, Rickie Weeks is on the DL with suckitis.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Well that's even worse! :mad:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Paul Zuvella posted:

Is Rocco Baldelli the Rays 1st base coach?

Yeah, the owner says he has a job for life wherever he wants to be in the organization.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Poque posted:

Didn't Rocco Baldelli turn into a huge douche recently? I might be confusing him with Aubrey Huff

Aubrey Huff is a major rear end in a top hat. Rocco hasn't done anything douchey that I know of. Everyone's always said he's a great guy.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Jumbo Diaz is off the DL if you want big players

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/steveweddle/status/874773308008534022

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Remember when he snuck into that veterans-only game at an army base?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

I'm a fan of most times guys try to bunt for hits (like, as long as it isn't the only way they could conceivably get on base), sacrifices other than squeeze plays are bad though.

Eh...change that to sacrifices other than the suicide squeeze, safety squeezes suck too.

They were talking about this on some MLBN broadcast this week. Everyone laughed when Otis Nixon tried to bunt for a hit for the last out of the 1992 World Series but they explained that thanks to his speed Nixon's bunts had a 48% success rate compared to a .348 OBP - why wouldn't he take the a coinflip chance of getting on base to keep his team alive?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

N: The Rays are at a season-high 3 games over .500

V: :shobon:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Inspector_666 posted:

Way better than I thought it would be, but I still want to see him go up against guys who can control their fastballs.

I wish him success like with any baseball player. It'll be interesting to see what happens to that OBP.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Red posted:

Does anyone know where to find the MLB anime/manga pictures that everyone here used for avatars and stuff like 6-7 years ago?

Was it the old MLB comics on that Korean news site? The one where Billy Beane was a bean pod wearing a polo shirt?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

He is risen

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

The best part of The Show commentary was if you hit 9 batters in a row, Matt Vasgersian would give up and slam the door to the booth.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Some Numbers posted:

Well, that was a disaster of a trade, rip Ms rotation.

Rays win another trade :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

MLB.TV is $10 for the next 50 minutes fyi

• Locked thread