Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

Spooky Scary Skeletons posted:

You start up the brick path to the House of Horrors. Suddenly someone sneaks up behind you and taps you on the shoulder. You spin around and jump back.

Standing in front of you is a bony skeleton.

And it talks.

"Don't go in there," the skeleton says. "Or you'll end up like me..."

You stare in terror at the hideous creature. Then you burst out laughing.

"Wow! You guys really want to make the haunted house totally creepy. This is going to be great!" you say.

You're still chuckling as you push open the giant oak door of the haunted house. The door slams shut behind you and the hall turns darker than a starless night. "I can't even see my hands!" you exclaim.

You stumble ahead slowly, pressing your palms against the walls to guide you.

When will this tunnel end?

Obligatory hall of mirrors posted:

You turn a corner and are instantly blinded by glaring lights.

You are standing in a room of mirrors. Walls. Floor. Ceiling. All mirrors!

Everywhere you gaze, you are met with reflections of yourself! You take a few steps forward and - BONK! You hit your head on solid glass.

You move one step to the left, and a dozen copies of you move in that direction.

Totally dizzy, you close your eyes. Maybe you can find the exit with your hands. Keeping your eyes shut, you walk until your palms hit against another glass wall. Then you hear a voice. "Come this way. Over here," it calls.

You walk toward the voice - BONK! - a solid wall again.

Finally your hands find an open doorway! It leads to a mirrored hallway that goes left and right. Which way will you go?

If you decide to turn right, go to PAGE 29.

If you decide to turn left, go to PAGE 118.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Carnival Map

Goal Endings: 1/2

Bad Endings
Lost the Final Challenge and wound up in the freak show.
Got chucked through a concrete wall by a giant.
Launched into space in a malfunctioning rocket.
Went back in time to the start of the book.
Accidentally discovered the incantation for the "Turn Self Into Chicken" spell.

Achievements
Lightning Round: Get the best result on the Wheel of Chance on your first spin, then leave without spinning again.
Freak Out: Rescue the freaks from the freak show before escaping the carnival.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
nothing sinister about going left

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.
:goleft:

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

:goleft:

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

To the left to the left posted:

You turn left. Somewhere ahead of you, you hear laughter.

"Is somebody there?" you call out.

Silence.

You stare at your reflection in the mirrored hall.

Am I trapped? you wonder. Am I in real danger? Or is this all a big, scary joke? Your heart begins to race.

You inch forward a few more steps - moving toward the laughter. Slowly.

"Over here," a voice calls again. But now the voice seems to be coming from behind you!

Which way out posted:

You turn back and head in the other direction. Your reflections bounce off the walls at crazy angles. Are you walking straight, or have you rounded a corner? There's no way to tell. Yet this time you're sure you're going the right way!

"Over here!" a voice calls. "Turn left again!"

Turn left again? Now you are really confused.

If you turn left again, will you finally escape?

This seems familiar posted:

You turn left. Somewhere ahead of you, you hear laughter.

"Is somebody there?" you call out.

Silence.

You stare at your reflection in the mirrored hall.

Am I trapped? you wonder. Am I in real danger? Or is this all a big, scary joke? Your heart begins to race.

You inch forward a few more steps - moving toward the laughter. Slowly.

"Over here," a voice calls again. But now the voice seems to be coming from behind you!

Deja vu, I've just been in this place before posted:

You turn back and head in the other direction. Your reflections bounce off the walls at crazy angles. Are you walking straight, or have you rounded a corner? There's no way to tell. Yet this time you're sure you're going the right way!

"Over here!" a voice calls. "Turn left again!"

Turn left again? Now you are really confused.

If you turn left again, will you finally escape?

If you haven't guessed already, turning left in the mirror maze results in a rather unique bad ending, where we're sent back and forth between the same two pages with no way to escape. Despite the lack of an actual end, I'm counting it as a bad ending.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Carnival Map

Bad Endings
:siren:Got hopelessly lost in the mirror maze.:siren:

Achievements
Lightning Round: Get the best result on the Wheel of Chance on your first spin, then leave without spinning again.

Our options posted:

• Go on the Space coaster with our friends.
  • Grab for the side of the bridge.
  • Go on the Boat Ride to Nowhere.
  • Turn right in the mirror maze.
  • Get one of the other results on the Wheel of Chance.
  • Decide not to help the freaks.
  • Flee instead of confronting Big Al.

ComicsandSlushies
Feb 22, 2013
oh man I remember these books! I only ever had the chance to read one though I think it had something to do with a clock tower? or there was a big clock on the cover I don't remember it that well

Anyway let's try going on the Space Coaster with our friends

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

ComicsandSlushies posted:

oh man I remember these books! I only ever had the chance to read one though I think it had something to do with a clock tower? or there was a big clock on the cover I don't remember it that well

That would've been either Tick Tock, You're Dead! or Danger Time. Hopefully it was the former, because Danger Time had a really annoying gimmick involving zodiac signs that made it nigh-impossible to complete without cheating for most people.

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...
I want to turn right instead. Let's make the most of this house before leaving it behind.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Ratatozsk posted:

I want to turn right instead. Let's make the most of this house before leaving it behind.

What he said.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I don't want to accidentally end this book before seeing more bad ends, so let's give the wheel of chance another spin.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

In 100 feet, turn right.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

Right is right posted:

You stumble down the corridor to your right. As you peer from side to side, you are met with hundreds of images of - you! And you look pretty baffled. And scared.

"Hey, I could use some help," you call out.

Silence.

You pound your fist against the wall.

The wall starts to move.

Just an inch or two - an inch or two closer to you!

You take a step back - but the wall behind you is moving, too.

The walls are moving together. They're closing in on you.

You're going to be crushed!

Out of the frying pan posted:

The walls are closing in faster now. You throw your arms out and try to push them away. But it's hopeless. You're going to be crushed like a bug.

You suck in a deep breath - it could be the last breath you take.

The floor opens beneath your feet!

You drop down. Down. Down. Down. A long, agonizing scream escapes from your throat as you tumble through space.

Will you ever hit bottom?

"Incoming player," you hear a commanding voice shout. "Stations, everybody."

A layer of webbing catches you like one of those nets trapeze artists use. Gasping, unable to understand what's happening, you bounce up and down.

Insert Rocky Horror joke here posted:

You snap your head around to the right - where you hear footsteps coming toward you.

You are facing a short man with wrinkly skin and bloodshot eyes. His bushy, black hair resembles a scouring pad - and from the looks of it, it probably feels like one, too. His evil expression makes you cringe.

But he's nothing compared to the "things" in back of him - two seven-foot-tall monsters. One has blue horns and bulging red eyes. The other has scaly skin and an alligator snout that snaps open and closed as he eyes you.

The trio all wear lab coats. And from the eager way they're looking at you, you realize that you are the lab rat.

You struggle to escape from the net. But you're trapped in the webbing. Like a fly in a spider's web.

"Welcome to my humble laboratory," the short man says. "I am Dr. Frank N. Stone, the mastermind who created the Carnival of Horrors."

The Carnival of Horrors! You don't like the sound of that!

I think I'm running out of witty captions posted:

Dr. Stone extends a long bony hand to pull you from the net. When you peer into his face, his eyes roll up into his head.

"Pleased to meet you," he rumbles.

Did he say "Pleased to meet you" or "Pleased to eat you"? You're not sure, and you don't want to hang around to find out.

I've got to get out of here, you think.

As the doctor lowers his hand a bit more, you wriggle your right foot free of the netting. If you give him one hard kick in the stomach, maybe you can make a run for the door.

But what about the monsters? Can you dodge them?

You change your mind. "I'll wait - play it cool until at least one of the beasts leaves the room," you say to yourself.

Then you change your mind again. "No. I'd better make my escape now!"

The doctor looms inches away. And you're still not sure what to do. You'd better decide fast!

Try to kick the doctor and run? Turn to PAGE 79.

Wait until one of the monsters leaves and the odds are better than three against one? Turn to PAGE 51.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Carnival Map

Bad Endings
Got hopelessly lost in the mirror maze.

Achievements

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Kick the sunnovabitch

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Wait this out.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

If there's one thing video games have taught me, it's that violence solves everything.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
Wait no one can see us beating this guy up

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Kick 'em in the shins!

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

Violence solves everything posted:

The doctor leans over. He's so close now, his sour breath fills your nostrils. Then his fingertips brush your hand and - POW! Your foot flies into his stomach! A direct hit!

But nothing happens.

He doesn't scream. He doesn't even moan. In fact, he doesn't seem to notice at all.

He simply smiles at you.

Now you're scared. Really scared. But you know you have to do whatever it takes to get out of there. You have to find your friends and escape from this Carnival of Horrors.

You gather up every ounce of courage and strength you have - and kick him once more. Harder!

And this time something does happen - BIG TIME!

We're like 10, how the hell did we kick through metal posted:

Thrumpff! Your foot plows into the doctor's stomach again. But this time, it smashes right through it. And hits... solid steel!

The crunch of metal echoes in the room - along with the doctor's screams. "Aiiii!" he wails like a siren.

You gaze into the gaping hole your sneaker made. Thousands of circuits and wires burn and crackle inside it. The doctor is a robot! Well, an ex-robot now. Your kick totally destroyed him.

That's the good news.

The bad news is headed for you. It's the monster with the blue horns and red, bulging eyes.

You scramble out of the net and dash toward the door. But the monster is too quick for you. His tentacle arms shoot out and snatch you. Giant suckers at the ends of his wrists circle your throat.

You gasp for air as the monster pins you against the wall. Can you free yourself from his oozing grasp?

Two down, one to go posted:

The red-eyed beast leans against you now, pressing you hard against the wall. The monster moves his face close to yours. The jagged horns at the top of his head nick your cheeks.

You can't bear it any more. You bring your hand up with all your might and shove his head away from yours.

As you watch in horror, the monster's head rolls off its neck. The head tumbles to the floor and lands at your feet.

The eyes glance up at you, and you notice his hideous lips moving. "That hurt," the head says. "That really h-h..."

He never finishes. You've destroyed another robot!

"Almost out of here," you whisper to yourself. Now all you have to do is slip by the crusty, alligator-snout creature guarding the door.

"You robots aren't so tough," you say to him with fake bravery.

"Oh, really?" the scaly beast croaks. "Well, maybe not. But what makes you think that I am a robot?"

Robots, robots everywhere posted:

The creature slides one step toward you, and with a burning stare says, "I am not a robot. I am not going to shut down. So don't bother with any of your silly, human tricks!"

You stare at him. You study him hard. Is he lying? Is he a robot like the other two? Or could he be a lot more dangerous?

Your knees begin to tremble when you think about never going home - never seeing your family and friends ever again. Tears start to sting your eyes. Angry tears! No carnival - not even a Carnival of Horrors - is going to defeat you!

You stare deeply into the evil eyes of the creature hovering before you.

Robot? Real monster? You finally decide!

If you think the creature is a robot, try to knock his head off on PAGE 81.

If you think he's a real monster or something worse, stay cool on PAGE 110.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Carnival Map

Bad Endings

Achievements

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
Clearly our dormant superpowers have awoken knock that head off

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

SirKibbles posted:

Clearly our dormant superpowers have awoken knock that head off

What he said

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

You know, Let's not call his bluff...

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

Third time isn't the charm posted:

"You're lying!" you yell. "You are a robot."

You quickly reach up with both hands and tug at his head. His sharp jaws slash at you. But you're fast. You hold on firmly and pull!

Oh, no! He really is a monster. And he's not happy.

You know you're dead meat, but you have to try one more time. Just to make sure. You give his head one more tug. He laughs. Then he gives your head a tug.

Sorry. You were doing so well. But now you've gone and lost your head. The only way you'll be able to face the challenge of the Carnival of Horrors now is to close the book and begin another day. At least then - you'll have a head start.

THE END

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Carnival Map

Bad Endings
:siren:Mistook a monster for a robot and got our head ripped off.:siren:

Achievements

Our options posted:

• Go on the Space coaster with our friends.
  • Wait instead of kicking the doctor.
  • Don't attack the third monster.

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Ok, non-robot option please

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Pacifist run the third doctor

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Let's not bug that not-robot.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Althuogh still read the poo poo out of Goosebumps.
Wasn't there a blog that had, like, reviews of all of them?

I honestly assumed it was the guy running that blog doing this LP at first, because who else would go through dozens of Goosebumps books piece by piece for the amusement of strangers?

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

John Lee posted:

I honestly assumed it was the guy running that blog doing this LP at first, because who else would go through dozens of Goosebumps books piece by piece for the amusement of strangers?

Can I have a link to that blog? I vaguely remember one Goosebumps book I read way back when, but I want to see how it holds up. I think the book I read was about a girl who was a werecat?

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

EagerSleeper posted:

Can I have a link to that blog? I vaguely remember one Goosebumps book I read way back when, but I want to see how it holds up. I think the book I read was about a girl who was a werecat?

http://www.bloggerbeware.com/

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

Rule of three does not apply here posted:

Something tells you that this monster is not a robot. This one is for real. Maybe it's the way he stares into your eyes. Or maybe it's the rows and rows of razor-sharp teeth jutting from his mouth.

You take a step back. He takes a step closer. A drop of his drool drips on your hand. It sizzles and burns.

This *is* the end, you figure. You'll never escape the Carnival of Horrors. Never see your family or Patty or Brad again.

The monster lifts his gigantic, clawed hand. He waves it over your head. And you wait for the searing pain as it plunges down to strike you.

But that's not what happens.

The monster slowly lowers his hand and clutches at his own neck, and then - pulls his own head off! And when you discover what's underneath, you know you're still in big trouble!

Wait, how did we not pull off his mask in the bad ending posted:

Those eyes behind the alligator snout - those beady eyes. You should have recognized them before. It's Big Al.

"Hey! You did a great job here," he says warmly. "You've really got the stuff for the Carnival of Horrors."

"Uh, thanks," you mumble. "But I really have to go home now."

"What's the rush?" he asks, patting you on the shoulder. "Aren't you having fun?"

Fun? you think. Crushed between solid walls. Then attacked by a bulging-eyed monster. Fun? No. This isn't fun. This is weird.

"Uh, yeah. It's been really great. But, um, I really do have to go home," you stammer. "So if you'll just take me to wherever Patty and Brad are - and show us the way out - we'll be going."

"I'm afraid that isn't possible," Big Al says. "Just open the door and you'll understand."

You can check out any time you like posted:

You open the door and enter a room bursting with people who seem to be waiting for you. You think that's weird until you study them. - and realize something even stranger. They're all dressed up in old-fashioned costumes.

"Welcome to the Carnival of Horrors," a tall woman with a red parasol says, smiling. "Nice of you to join us."

The Carnival of Horrors. The words send shivers down your spine.

The woman with the parasol whispers in your ear, "Don't you want to know the secret of the Carnival of Horrors?"

You nod "yes".

"The Carnival of Horrors comes alive in a different place and a different time each night. Tonight we're in your town. Tomorrow we could be in another country! But every place we stop, we invite kids like you to join us..."

"Thanks for the invitation," you say, "but I gotta go."

"I'm sorry." The lady chuckles. "You can never escape from the Carnival of Horrors," she says solemnly. "Unless..."

Only one right way posted:

"Unless what?" you scream. "Tell me!"

"You can escape the Carnival of Horrors if you leave before closing time."

"When is closing time?" you shoot back.

"When the last ride stops..." the lady whispers. "At midnight."

You glance at your watch - 11:40. Twenty minutes - that's not so bad. But how do you get out of here?

As if the lady can read your mind, she says, "There's only one right way."

Then all around you, the crowd begins to chant.

"Only one right way, only one right way." They repeat it over and over again.

"What is it?" you scream. "Which way?"

It's useless. They're not going to tell you.

But it's not midnight yet. There's still time to figure it out.

Until the floor begins to tremble. And the walls begin to shake.

Earthquake!

The gang's all here posted:

A wave of panic washes over you as the walls crumble around you. You throw your arms over your head and close your eyes.

Then silence. The shaking stops.

When you open your eyes, the room and all the costumed people have vanished. And you are outside - in the rides area! But the biggest surprise of all is that you spot Patty and Brad!

"Boy, am I glad to see you," you say, racing over to them. "Where have you guys been?"

Brad shakes his head. "You wouldn't believe the rides we were on!"

"We've got to get out of here before midnight," you say. Quickly you tell your friends about the warning from the lady with the red parasol.

"No problem," Patty says. "Look. I'm sure the exit is right over there past that ride called the Hall of the Mountain King."

"No, it's that way - near the sign that says HALLOWEEN EXPRESS" Brad insists.

Which way do you think is the right way?

Halloween Express? Then turn to PAGE 108.

Mountain King? Then turn to PAGE 107.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Carnival Map

Bad Endings
Mistook a monster for a robot and got our head ripped off.

Achievements

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLp_Hh6DKWc

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
WTF, why can't we just look at the bloody map in our inventory. :sigh: Mountain King praise Krom!

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Drowning Rabbit posted:

WTF, why can't we just look at the bloody map in our inventory. :sigh: Mountain King praise Krom!

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

"Sorry, Brad. I think Patty's right," you tell him as you turn toward the Hall of the Mountain King. "I think I spotted an exit there when we first came in."

Patty runs ahead. "Look!" she cries out. "There's the path. It leads past the Hall of the Mountain King to the exit."

"Yeah, but who are those people up there?" Brad asks. "They're blocking the way."

You peer up ahead and see them - the people in the old-fashioned clothes. And they're still chanting - "Only one right way, only one right way."

"They're not going to let us out!" Brad panics.

"Okay. Okay. I have an idea," you say calmly. "Let's go into the Mountain King ride - maybe we can jump off at the end and sneak past them."

Do you have another choice? No.

quote:

The three of you duck inside the Hall of the Mountain King!

A painted backdrop of rounded snowcapped mountains rises on your left. Up in the mountains a big stone castle rests in the sunshine. A group of cheerful elves pick flowers in the castle's garden.

To your right, you spot the ride - wooden carts pulled by real horses. "Come on!" you call to your friends. "Jump in a cart. This is great. We'll be out of here in no time." No time - that reminds you. You glance at your watch. 11:45!

You all scramble into one of the carts and grab the reins. Your horse plods forward, and you pass through a painted stone archway.

You gasp. Everything in the painted backdrop is now in front of you. And it has suddenly become real. But different!

The snowcapped mountains rise to black, jagged peaks that pierce the sky. The big stone castle huddles on a scary, dark hill. And the elves - they aren't picking flowers.

They're...

quote:

...they're swinging axes.

Your heart leaps into your throat. The elves move to the roadside now - and they're chopping down the horse-drawn carts ahead of you! One cart splinters into a million pieces before your horrified eyes.

The elves continue on to the next cart. Their sharp blades slice right through it!

Your horse keeps trotting up the steep path. You're headed right for the wildly chopping elves!

"Do something!" Patty cries.

quote:

You yank on the reins. But your horse plows ahead, pulling you forward - closer and closer to the chopping, chopping, chopping blades. Brad squinches down in the cart and buries his head in his lap.

Patty jumps into the front seat with you. Together you pull on the reins and scream, "Whoa, fellow! Whoa!"

But your horse trots onward. "It's no use," you cry. "We'd better jump!"

You stare over the side. You're riding along a narrow ridge and there's a deep drop that makes your blood run cold. If you jump, you'll plunge to your death!

Then you glance up ahead - and spot a safer place to leap. Great!

You are about to show it to your friends when Brad cries out, "Look at the elves! They chop at set times. If we can get the horse to move faster, we can miss the axes!"

"That's dumb, we should jump!" argues Patty.

What do you think you should do?

If you decide to jump out, go to PAGE 103.

If you urge the horse to gallop, go to PAGE 119.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Carnival Map

Bad Endings

Achievements

Rebonack7 fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jun 13, 2017

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Must go faster

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
GIDDY UP

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Is there a significance to the asterisk in the previous update?

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

FredMSloniker posted:

Is there a significance to the asterisk in the previous update?

No, that was just a typo. Sorry!

quote:

You take charge of the reins to urge the horse on.

"Giddyap, boy," you and Patty shout. But your horse won't move any faster.

You shoot a glance up ahead. The elves are chopping... and a shiny blade... is now... right over... your head!

"No," you scream. "NO! Let me out of here."

You feel a sharp pain. And you realize you've just had the shortest haircut of your life. Unfortunately, they took a little too much off the top.

THE END

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Carnival Map

Bad Endings
:siren:Had our heads chopped off by murderous elves.:siren:

Achievements

Our options posted:

• Go on the Space Coaster with our friends.
  • Go on the Halloween Express.
  • Jump off the Mountain King ride.

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KK14lsnUyE

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Let's get off this crazy ride!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

"We've got to jump," you tell Patty and Brad. "It's our only chance."

"Okay," Brad agrees as your cart inches up to the chopping elves.

"Come on," you cry. "Now!" But Brad is too paralyzed with fear to move. You and Patty grab him and haul him toward the side of the cart.

Your cart has reached the elves! One of them smirks as he lifts his ax.

It's right above your neck.

You picture your head tumbling down the side of the mountain.

With a loud cry, all three of you jump. You land with a thud on a rocky ledge. It breaks your fall. But the rock is too weak to hold all of you.

You scream again as the edge tears loose and the world drops from under your feet. You tumble over and over, down the side of the mountain.

quote:

You squeeze your eyes shut and wait for the crash. Finally, you land. You glance up. You're at the foot of the Log Flume ride.

You, Patty, and Brad have lots of cuts and bruises, but you're okay! Terrific! you think - until you spot the army of elves with their axes. They're rushing down the mountain toward you! The only escape is to enter the flume ride, so you dash inside.

The Log Flume reminds you of a western logging camp, complete with log cabins, trees, trucks, and a sparkling blue lake.

In the distance, you can hear the buzz of chainsaws. And down by the lake, giant cranes pick up logs and plop them in the water. Some of the logs are hollowed out in the middle with seats for passengers. As you watch, the current catches one. It glides to the edge of a waterfall, plunges over, and shoots down.

As you glance around, you spot an EXIT sign.

Then to your horror, you see a giant crane swinging your way. "Duck!" you scream.

Will you make it to the exit? Is this your lucky day?

If you are reading this book on a Monday, Wednesday, Friday, or Saturday, go to PAGE 114.

If it's a Tuesday, Thursday, or Sunday, go to PAGE 71.

quote:

Sorry. It's not your lucky day. As you dash toward the sign, the giant crane scoops the three of you up and drops you off into a hollowed-out log. You barely have time to sit up straight before the craft reaches the waterfall!

You hold your breath as the log teeters on the fall's edge. As it plunges over, you scream.

A hard spray smacks you in the face and drenches your clothing as you race down the long slide. At the bottom, the log hits a pool of water and sinks.

You're still holding your breath as you wait to bob to the surface again. But it never happens. You keep going down.

Your last thought is that you're going to set a world's record for holding your breath underwater.

You'd better set a world's record for closing the book and starting over again. Maybe next time you dive in you'll have better luck.

THE END

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Carnival Map

Bad Endings
Had our heads chopped off by murderous elves.
:siren:Went over a waterfall on the Log Flume and drowned.:siren:

Achievements

Our options posted:

• Go on the Space Coaster with our friends.
  • Go on the Halloween Express.
  • Go through the Log Flume on one of the correct days.