Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

This looks like a great thread that's gonna go places, I'm in for the long haul.

Back to the final challenge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Junpei posted:

Blue card.

We're in no rush to leave, after all.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Oops, I think someone just blew up the sun.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Haha, I'm so glad we got that ending. We saved all these people, and even better, we're planning to just show up at our house with them and expect our parents to take care of all of them :allears:

I wanna try to Spin the wheel, make the deal!

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Go with the main floor because come on, main character, these are your new friends, don't freak out just 'cause they're a little weird. Now's a good time to get to know them

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Gosh this one is exceptionally brutal. I wanna get a good ending out of not wandering around like a loon, though, so let's go with the VR CHAIR

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Don't move, they can't see you if you don't move.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Android Blues posted:

That ending seems vaguely sinister, like the implication appears to be that we're still in VR. Let's look for mom.

I THINK the point was supposed to be that the 'vr' stuff was all real and like, astral projection or teleportation or something, and that's why you can die in the VR game, or something like that. Who knows, though, R.L. Stein never seemed to be against leaving plotholes and vagueness in his stories.

Anyway, yeah, let's go Look for mom at the start of the book.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Let's follow the chimp, he seems pretty friendly.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Obviously the chimps are friends and this doctor guy seems nice enough. Let's visit the chimp room

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

We got the Tarzan ending, so I think we probably managed to get the best ending, so I'm satisfied. :v:

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Listen to Todd since he's our only friend in this book so far, despite our insistence that he's lame, he's the only one who actually seems to want to be around us.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Down, down, to the very nipple of the world!

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

You must gather your party before venturing forth.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

CaptainCaveman posted:

They were behind us, but then we turned around to look for them, so they're in front of us now. Therefore, they are not behind us.

Clever, I'm gonna go with this too

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

CaptainCaveman posted:

Well, we can either go with the magic of magnets, or get shot with a laser. I saw a movie once where a guy got shot with a laser and died. So... magnets.

This is good logic. magnets

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

I wanna learn how magnets work.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Knowing this book series, eating the crumb could just as easily lead to us becoming friends with George of the Jungle or something.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

And to be fair, Joanie is way way less annoying than some of the other siblings we've had to deal with so far in these books.

Take the darn book

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

I drew the top card of my deck and it was just a picture of Lemmy Kilmister

What could it meeean

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

I don't want to di soon :ohdear:

Let's try the attic

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Snake Maze posted:

Hey Elvira, know any ghosts whose name starts with an E?

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Yeah I'm with Zangief here, I can't see how muting would do much in this case.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

I wanna open that darn crate obviously full of pillows or something

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Let's pick the other choice that our character can't actually choose.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Tenebrais posted:

I'd add one, that this book violates a lot - the choices available should be decisions your character makes. Not things like "do you wake up from unconsciousness" or "does your companion come back".

I actually rather like this concept when done well. If the book is supposed to be one where no path relates to the others, for instance, it can be fun, or one where you don't have a real 'character', like a god game in gamebook form.

This is terrible though.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Doesn't seem like that bad a result, honestly, your new pilgrim mom seems pretty rad.

Wish the bug away!

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Let's be a celebrity!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Let's be a TV star!

I'm guessing this will make us not be an actor but the actual character in a fantasy or sci fi thing and be in danger or something :v: