Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

We turned into a bird once, and by God, we can do it again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

I have never felt more vindicated by children's literature, not once in my life. I'm going to bask in this, and leave this decision to y'all.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

:goleft:

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

try as i might, to fail, i am just a clapping machine. sorry y'all, we're gonna have to go down a different path

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-DpRcxK_N8

If you feel like dancing, well, come on, it's up to you
We got the sound to keep you getting down, down
The train is coming through

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

I hope we can unmake Denny in a bunch of interesting ways tbh. As such, we should go back to the past

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

The Deviations posted:

The zoo will have either Denny or an evolved cat we can pass off as Denny because Denny, like a cat, does whatever he loving wants.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Added Space posted:

I wanna see knights

Agreed. Nuts to this future junk. We still have a chance to delete Denny and cause a cool paradox

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

You know, I'll give RL Stine's small army of ghostwriters some credit here: Denny is the best at being the worst.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Rebonack7 posted:

:siren: Run over by a truck while beating up Denny. Totally worth it. :siren:

:911: it's beautiful

Octatonic fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jul 2, 2017

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Little brothers are the worst up until you both become adults and pretend the animosity was all just fun and games. it's the rules of nature

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

serefin99 posted:

The prick threw a rock at us to get our attention. Who does that?! gently caress you, kid, and gently caress your Horror Club!

seriously, don't need this crap

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Of all the railroading horseshit...

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

knowing the full cruelty of children, and knowing it's the 90s, we should keep the closet door closed and wait to come out until we've moved to the city a decade from now. instead, we should just just try to have a nice time at dinner and cry later in our room :(

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Videogames have taught me that nothing bad ever comes from waiting

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

let's get cozy. the broom might come in handy for sweeping the pupper out of our way later

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

GeneX posted:

Treat that man wolf like the good dog he is.

drat right. You pet that pupper and you pet him right now!

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

diacorn posted:

Wait, what? Is this one of those "trapped in a theater of the mind" scenarios where the ending changes everything about the story?

And if it isn't, what about all the stuff we had to go through? What about all the other kids the monster kids gave "the test" to who failed and didn't "live to tell about it"? Are we just glossing over the fact that those kids are dead thanks to the Horror Club? :psyduck:

My read is that the only possible events are the ones tgat happen on the current playthrough . If we go outside, no one's a monster, same if we induct a ghost into the club. If we didn't turn to stone, that might not even have been a potential outcome!

We, the readers, aren't looping through time trying to find the right path like we were playing a videogame. Instead, we're blazing a trail through a new world each time. This time, the curse is broken, and what happened fades away like a dream.

or did it?

Octatonic fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Jul 21, 2017

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

I'm gonna keep saying no till the book makes me say yes dammit.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

See this is exactly what I mean about the rules being different every time. Where was the mask, you fucker??

It's like when you have the same dream a bunch of times and it keeps changing to be slightly different, and so you run and run and then you wake up screaming.

Octatonic fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jul 24, 2017

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

That I think is maybe like my second favorite ending in the thread so far, right after inventing frozen bug novelties.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

the games is clearly punishing us for being reasonable, but we should run anyway

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

we have an emote just for these sorts of situations! :goright:

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Octatonic posted:

we have an emote just for these sorts of situations! :goright:

gently caress.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

shouldn't have done the thing. :goleft:

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Okay, it started slow but this book loving owns.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

So what is with Goosebumps and dog/ human transformation? This cyoa, the book being referenced, and the one goosebumps book i remember reading as a kid involves being turned into a dog by a potion or something and trying to communicate with the family that adopted you that you're a human. Am I just reading too much into small sample sizes?

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

we're an rear end in a top hat, so we need to be true to our character and ditch the dead weight

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

This book is just completely off the rails and will never stop, but that doesn't mean we can't try.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Leraika posted:

Well, uh, okay that was a thing that happened.

let's STOP this nonsense, right now

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

we're in the 90s, and we know that knowing is half the battle

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

hey everyone i just came from the year 2003 have you heard of the sa front page? they have a series called fashion swat

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Wasn't this supposed to be about werewolves? This sucks. Let's go to the cabin and head to bed

Octatonic fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Aug 20, 2017

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWEvp217Tzw

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Man, gently caress this book. Just choose something for us that takes us to a winning path, OP

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Man, smart people are real dumb. Let's commit to our bad idea and capture it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

PZ Smeltzenseltzer posted:

I just ran