Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Honestly this is one of the least hosed up books. I read a lot of the Give Yourself Goosebumps stuff and good god do they go all in on the body horror.

Let's see the Rides path

Zore fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Jun 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Denny is an rear end in a top hat, Dr. Peebles seems like a cool dude

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

magikid posted:

Oh poo poo, if I don't stop my brother from blinking out of existence, my parents will take away my VIDEO GAMES.

Look, we're like 10 and he's a little poo poo.

goddamit Denny.

Past for Dinosaurs.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Jurassic Park has taught us that Tyrannosaurs are easily escapable by plucky pre-teens.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Android Blues posted:

These books perfectly capture the childlike nightmare-fear of the rules of reality just breaking down and terrible things happening for no reason. Like, the complete lack of internal consistency between the paths seems more like a feature than a bug in that sense.

Its a feature of virtually all CYOAs I read as a kid. It can get downright weird in some of them.

My favorite was a scifi one I read when I was a kid where you crash landed on a planet with only your robot buddy to help. He turned into a shapeshifting alien, was actually part of a glorious robot revolution to overthrow humans, turned out to be your dad pretending to be a robot?, or was just your sidekick and a totally normal robot.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Dude 50 bucks means we're rich!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Left is always Right!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Goddamn we're bumrushing all the bad ends in this one, huh?

Ditch Sam

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Look if we didn't immediately recognize our idiot friend's voice it must be someone else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Someone else please. We might find another joke-ending.

Also, were there other joke endings back in the other books?

Yeah, there were a bunch. Like the time we started a multi-billion dollar ice cream empire by selling bug-flavored ice cream. Also i think we were still a bat?

Or when we became an absolute monarch and decided to say 'gently caress it' and live in the middle ages tormenting our lovely little brother.