Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Rebonack7 posted:

...I have no idea what that means.

I'm guessing 44 as the neonazi number is 88.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
This whole family are made of absolute shits. Normally there's at least one character who's not obnoxiously terrible, but these 4 deserve each other so let's Dig and reunite these terrible people.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

where the red fern gropes posted:

i just want to become our own dad

Page 64: Oh yes, a lesson in not changing history from Mr I'm-my-own-Grandpa!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I'm curious - did anyone else ever read an unrelated young-persons-scary-book that I had when I was young, called "The Clock of Doom" (Not to be confused with R.L. Stein's opus The Cuckoo Clock of Doom :v:)? It was set in Whitby, and had some interesting visuals in the prose, like the titular clock, which was a fullsized clock tower made of black marble, that hides itself in it's backstory by moving time rapidly forwards to grow an immense forest, and during the climax where the main kid is trying to kill the clock by removing a crystal that powers it (the crystal gives it it's magic powers) the clock is performing what it calls it's Dance of Death where it rapidly moves time forwards and backwards cyclicly so that everyone oscillates between random ages. The main character, due to being at the core, gets the strongest hits, so needs to pull on the stone in the brief moments that he is his own age, as he keeps going fullgrown newborn or basically deathbed old as the clock performs. If this is Goosebumps, that was at least "Are you Afraid of the Dark"

I really liked that book, although I haven't read it in years.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Rebonack7 posted:

Personally, I've never heard of it, but I think I found it through Google-fu. Is this what you're talking about?

That's exactly it! I remember it being entertaining but I haven't read it since I was maybe late teens at the latest? Maybe early 20s at a stretch.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Coat the doc in goooooooooo~

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Hang on, the goo hasn't replaced our skin. Surely when the military cut through it it would free us enough to at least yell out, considering in Goosebumps books adults tend to be incompetent enough to forget anesthetic..

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I'd like to see someone call out a mad scientist or not having a real hypothesis to test and therefore not being a Mad scientist, but a Bad scientist. Just:

"Did you expect this to happen? Did you even keep track of what chemicals you used? Do you have a control group for this experiment, do you even understand how it affected me this way? Was there any purpose to including the DNA of a BASKETball of all things, and how the hell did you even get that, that's not a thing! I mean, half-person half-dog I kinda get, improved speed and hearing if successful, stronger jaws theoretically good for security detail, but basketballs? WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS EXPERIMENT YOU HACK!? It's not even an experiment you're just doing random poo poo for no reason, at least the chimps have a loving goal..."

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Find the box!. The Pewter figures sound kind of nice actually, I wonder what they're of?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Wait a minute - Todd got his red tin box back. YOU GOT TODD'S BOX BACK AND RAN BACK TO THE CABIN! How the hell is that not a goal ending?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

That the gusts from the Bat's wings formed a whirlpool and not, I don't know, a whirlWIND is simply baffling.

Let's go to the BATS! Decipher the riddle of the water-wings!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Who wants to bet that the other goal ending is nowhere near the werewolf paths?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Hang on, we're eating a slice of cake and getting bigger from it? Are we going to find a mushroom later that will make us tiny? Are we all going mad?!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

If they'd thought of it they could have described the "Peanut Butter" as a monster blood cameo - not calling it that, just matching the description would have worked and been a cool cameo for the fans. All they'd need to change would be the colour.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I'm imagining this exact mousehole: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cku1N8eCUlo :3:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I was half expecting the safetypin grappling hook to have a choice attached, if it missed it skewered you and got you an ending. I'd say eat the icing, maybe one of the endings is us dying of diabetic shock from a sugar overload.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

We need to find a magic ghost sword to plunge into the most powerful ghost's grave like a boss fight? Is this a book or a video game?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Kinda hoping this 3 headed old man is actually Cerberus.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

They swapped heads with other heads in the room - just look into the eyes of your own head, swapping back should be easy! They are just on the shelves with all the others. They just figured that out!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Yes. Open the door, and just give the mummy his diary back. Maybe he'll be willing to chat? Wow, this character is actually kind of likable.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

OK, that ending owned. Laughing my rear end off.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

This book is alarmingly consistent - we have seen that every time we come into physical contact with the bandages, they wrap around us and turn us into mummies in turn. It's not like one of these books to remember basic plot elements, that's impressive.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Holy poo poo that good ending was actually consistent with the established rules. That inconsistent with the entire rest of the series. Well done Ghost Writer, who I'm assuming is RL Stine as played by Jack Black.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Maybe when hiring some random kids to clean out a garage full of magic poo poo, just tell them up front because you know they are gonna get curious. Just:

"Look, beyond the red door is some weird poo poo. Stuff I've been working with for years and still don't understand, so I'd advise against going in there. If you do, and your dumb enough to touch something, here's the way all the weird poo poo works, things to do or not to do if it activates. Keep this info in mind. There, I did warn you. Just don't mess with it, it won't be worth it."

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I take umbrage at anyone who thinks bats are ugly after finding this channel a few months ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaPXhYaFReY

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I like Gabe's common sense. "If I'm not back in 10 minutes, come after me!" "gently caress that, you get 5 then I'm calling the cops."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Apparently Vampires are more closely related to sharks than bats in this universe.