Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Just finished binging this thread. I read Dr. Eeek, Purple Peanutbutter and Tick Tock as a kid. Never could have imagined the likes of Werewolf Woods and Screaming Armor were in this series. :psyduck:

Anyway, This clock looks familiar.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Dec 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

This is a bad book.

Other clock it is.

EDIT: On a whim, I googled this book and stumbled onto this book's entry in the Goosebumps Wiki (spoilers for endings). This line speaks for itself:

quote:

Most of the choices are based on things that, realistically, the reader should not be in control of.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Dec 29, 2017

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Orange.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

...this is going to lead to a pun-based death, isn't it?

Anyway, my coin came out Tails so TALES it is.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Pink Clock.

Android Blues posted:

This book is more like a fever dream where things just don't stop from keep happening for no reason, constantly, than Werewolf Woods' insane cereal troll digression. I think I preferred Werewolf Woods just for the interest factor of how completely inane it was.

Ditto. Werewolf Woods at least was entertainingly bad. This is just plain bad.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jan 1, 2018

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Leraika posted:

oh thank god I don't have to post Zero Escape gifs any more.

...Well, one more, maybe.

I think this book is the literary equivalent of being stuck inside Zero Time Dilemma.

Also I Solved Lex Luthor’s R. L. Stine’s Maze.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jan 2, 2018

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Dang, that was surprisingly graphic. :stare:

Let's find some new TALES to tell.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

The real twist is that Rebonack7 didn't notice his copy of this book had a sticker reading "From the Library of Jurgen Leitner"

(:hf: to whoever gets that)

Anyway, Time is not on our side.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Thank goodness it's over. That was an ORDEAL. I'd rather suffer through Werewolf Woods several times than go through that again. Hope the next one is better.

serefin99 posted:

Petition to have OP burn this book and record it for our viewing entertainment.

This.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

"This is the first day in my tomb. I am wrapped so tightly that I fear I may never breathe again. The bandages that preserve me are a prison. I am a king, yet they have brought me here, drained me of my blood, and bound me with bandages. Against my will! Stop! I beg them. Do not do this horrible thing! I am not dead! I am alive!"

Dang, they are NOT loving around this time. Looking forward to this already.

Return to the hotel.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Give the mummy the diary.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I'm pretty sure these greedy looking doctors would not dream of violating the Hippocratic Oath. Let's stay here.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Let's see what the nice doctors are up to

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Maybe this actor is Daniel Day-Lewis levels of hardcore and thus he can help us

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

If we're going to die, let's die making the obvious pop culture reference.

Klaatu Barada Nectarine it is.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Feb 2, 2018

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Neat, shame we can't take most of that gold with us since it weighs a ton, the museum will keep most of it and it's going to be hard selling the gold we do have without awkward questions unless we melt it down. But I guess I'm over thinking it.

Anyway let's see what the doctors are planning.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

rudecyrus posted:

Doctors are known for their love of dissecting things.

Joke is on you, we very clearly did NOT get dissected!

Anyway, give the diary to the American.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Feb 7, 2018

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I like how apart from a few comedy options this book avoids quantum bullshit.

Let's complete the dumbass trifecta and take the first offer from Web.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I personally would have considered the Pharaoh in Frisco ending a goal ending instead of this one but I'm not the one in charge here.

Anyway, good book. Fingers crossed that the quality is maintain Ed for the next one.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Rebonack7 posted:

When you saw the brochure for the Junior Explorer Adventure Club at the front desk of your hotel, it looked great. Three days hiking in the jungle with ten other kids your age and an "experienced jungle guide." How cool!

Whatever happens to us during this book won't be nearly as terrible as what would happen in real life. This is a sex trafficking trap if I ever saw one.

Let's try the water to see if we can get a piranha death in choice 1.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Let's get help from Michael Shannon. He is a scientist, he will surely help us.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

We need to keep our Vitamin C levels up. Eat the orange.

quote:

Because your backs are turned, you don’t see the dragon dip its mouth into the lava pool and slurp up a mouthful of molten rock. With a huge puff, the dragon spits fire at you.

...huh, never saw this particular take on dragon fire. These books are full of surprises.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

This book is good so let's not rush this by going full Depth First Search on this. Refuse the warrior women's help.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Tails.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Bats an easy question.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Bat.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

loving Tara.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

We've been eaten a lot.

While the previous ghostwriter had a choking fetish, this one is clearly into vore.

Let's answer the second question incorrectly and likely find even more evidence of this.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Do we get an achievement for getting all the "we get eaten" endings?

Let's find out by taking the slippery tunnel.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I know this fairytale. Make a wish.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Today was my burgundy day so right.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah, this is kind of a lopsided question since the vast majority of men’s apparel is some shade of blue. If you don’t believe me, try going to any online clothes store, filter by “men” and blue, then change the colors while taking note of the matches.

If the blue path leads to death and this is their way of getting more girls to read their books, I approve.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Oh, will you look at that, I’m wearing black and burgundy again today. Right.

Werewolf Woods in a nutshell.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 3, 2018

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

After all this bullshit no way we're walking away broke. Lay low.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

At that moment a long black limousine pulls up next to you. The windows are tinted dark blue. You can’t see inside until the passenger-side window slowly glides down.

A uniformed driver leans across the seat. His hat throws a deep shadow that hides his face. But his voice is friendly as he says, “I’m Axel. May I be of some assistance?”

“Help!” Liz cries. “Our friend is trapped in the museum and we can’t find anyone to help us rescue him!”

“Calm down,” Axel says. “There’s a phone in the backseat. Get in! You can call for help.”

The limo’s back door opens. You spot the phone. But that’s not all you see. This car is equipped with the works! There’s a television, a refrigerator filled with sodas and snacks, a CD player, and every CD anyone could ever want.

“Wow! This car is loaded!” you declare.

The driver laughs. “That’s right. Hop in and help yourselves to a soda! Put on some music!

This sounds totally legit and this dude is definitely not a child molester. :getin:

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Apr 9, 2018

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Let's call The Joker so he can come save us. We are making the best decisions today.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Joker is probably prank calling Comissioner Gordon again. And by "prank calling" I mean "taunting him about having crippled his daughter". That doesn't usually take long so try again.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

We're not going down without a fight!

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Best place to hide from a monster is under the bed.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Apr 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Limos are for nerds.
So much for that theory. :v:

I was kind of expecting this outcome. :ssh:

Let's not get aboard the S.S. Date Rape.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Apr 16, 2018