Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
All child actors turn out fine.

Let's be the new talk of the town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Now hold on here, I want to know what happens if we wish we never met Toobah.

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Maybe the tiger and parrot are our siblings?

Ride the tiger.

Also, what kind of condition is that? Steal a pinky ring from a wish-granting genie? How is that even remotely possible?

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
That is a really unfair condition. If it wasn't for the tiger and parrot, you would've been screwed.

I can only assume sort of wish-genie book of rules stipulates that when you're down to your last wish, Jenna's contractually obligated to summon two sidekicks to help you get that ring.

Professor Shock so far seems downright benign compared to Dr. Eek, although it is suspicious that he mistakes a trio of middle school kids for workers from a clean-up company.

Although the thick glasses do suggest he's really nearsighted. Either that, or we are a remarkably burly 13-year old.

Also, Stacy definitely deliberately rolled her ring into the back room.

Play pinball! Surely it will not swap our brains or anything.

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
This is starting out poorly.

Looks like our protagonist has read Through The Looking Glass by Lewis Carrol.

The solution is to charge the bull head on.

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
This story has taken a rather massive genre shift.

Maybe it's not actually Loreo, but Oerol?

Oerol ot og

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012

MelvinBison posted:

I think it's supposed to be L'Oreo, a French cookie.

It's 5 am and I realized that "Loreo" may be derived from "lore". Like Amazo the Clown or something.

We wait to receive our lore.

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
This adventure is rapidly degrading.

Dodge through the gap!

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
This is becoming an Enid Blyton book. In fact, it almost feels like the author from the Evil Knight book wrote this one.

Help us, policeman!

I seriously hope this eventually ties back into Professor Shock.

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Professor Shock is surprisingly helpful.

Telling the truth might endear us to the queen.

Besides, what possible lie could we come up with in this situation? We're here to polish your carving collection?

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
We are from Poland!

Also, our protagonist had a very poor choice of words when it came to telling the Queen what we wanted.

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
That went surprisingly well. It seems that polishing the statues was indeed some sort of magical test for integrity, and the Queen was bound by her word as the Fae usually are.

Before lying to the Queen, first let us fail the test and make off with the statues!

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Since we're here, let's search around the palace

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Being honest and good has served us well so far. Plus, we're the one who flipped the switch.

Apologize and make restitution.

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Once again, Professor Shock is surprisingly (shockingly :cheeky:) benign. I was sure he was about to use us in an experiment.

Let's pretend we never heard what he said, and enter the Queen's room sans advice.

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
I wonder what mirror-image ice cream tastes like!

Follow them!

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
This might be the first time the Professor is directly responsible for our demise.

Also, Jason fainting is the most realistic reaction so far.

Run away from Deep Voice

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Enter mirror in tent

Also, Deep Voice is an awesome name.

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Honesty and integrity served us well with the Queen.

Return the remote to it rightful owner

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Welcome to the fam'ly, son!

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Is Scary Stuff a front for Umbrella?

It's absolutely amazing that our second choice is already whether or not to drain our own friend's blood.

Drink him

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Is this becoming Darren Shan?

Also, this makes me really uncomfortable about this book. The fact that a strange adult is asking you to bring him a steady supply of young victims.

That is unbelievably creepy, and incredibly inappropriate for a children's book. Didn't any of this ring any alarm bells over at Scholastic?

I notice that refusing him now leads to the same page (52), so for this run:

Take his offer, I guess?

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Echoing the statement that Gabe is quite the friend to still be willing to help, even after our guy threatened to drain his blood multiple times. The protagonist even called him a lunch beverage!

Make like an Animorph!

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Make like a new prototype android and lick that blood!

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
A bit contrived how the old vampire lady didn't just straight up tell us the cure, even though she marked the page with a ribbon.

I can only assume that she promised she would never tell anyone the cure, and as a vampire she is supernaturally bound to her oath, but pointing out the book allows her to circumvent that.

I wanna see what happens when we go to Scary Stuff and drink all the packets.

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
I'm no expert, but that hybrid creature looks like it might be a lamassu? A rather obscure reference at the time.

Also, this thing's suddenly become the Maze Runner.

Obey, and hope we don''t end up in a young-adult dystopian novel.

PumpkinBat fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Dec 20, 2018

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Twist and turn and avoid the building!

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Spy on him.

Don't we need him alive? I'm afraid "jumping him" might mean our protagonist will literally jump on Loudsnore.

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Let's not move.

Also, if we're just going to come back to life after we die, why do those other bad endings matter? :v:

Actually, I think it's just referring how often comics do fakeout deaths, or even outright retcon them. To Loudsnore, it really does seem Superdoer actually comes back to life.

Yes, destroying every atom of my being will ensure my continued existence.

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Trust him.

Regarding that cheese, Zoe and company might not be monsters, just cheese connoisseurs:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casu_marzu

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
We choose ALL

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Hide avian ova in napkin.

Speaking of which, how obtuse is our protagonist that they don't notice what's wrong with the eggs until they're almost about to shovel them in their face?

The text mentions that the eggs are fried. Are the egg-yolks yellow on the outside but blue on the inside?

Or is the whole thing in lovely shades of indigo and azure and our protagonist really isn't all that observant?

PumpkinBat fucked around with this message at 17:54 on May 7, 2019

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Sorry Antoine, but you're not coming back.

PumpkinBat fucked around with this message at 15:33 on May 9, 2019

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Maybe we'll meet Antoine the in the infirmary?

Fake an injury like a professional football (US: Soccer) player!

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Help him.

We are no longer in immediate danger and it can't hurt to help him now. Perhaps we can shame him into cooperating?

Also I smell an obvious trap; the book is clearly leading us to ditch Brad.

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
This protagonist is surprisingly and incredibly capable, so much so that I'm finding it difficult to identify with them.

They're athletic, a gymnast, good at hiking, and even fended off an alligator. This kid is probably in better shape than all of us put together and is probably the protagonist of a shonen anime.

I've never dragged my heaving carcass along a trail before, but I do know you gotta go as partners, especially if it's to a place called Zombie Mountain.

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
There are rapids. Why is this even a choice?

I'm interested in seeing how this kid is going to convince Kim to take the boat.

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Zombie slower than cat.

We brave the zombie!

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
I want Final Resident Creed Raider Gear Stranding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012
Why does it seem all middle-class American kids have an aquarium in their bedrooms?

That being said, it's refreshing to see that our current protagonist cares about his two guppies. So many times fish are regarded as disposable pets.

I'm not sure why the robot couldn't just blast itself out of a flimsy box, tape or no tape. Maybe it's programmed to go into standby mode while in a box? Or was its objective complete when it beat up a space dude?

Also, forget Geoffrey. Dad lost his whole collection. :(

Call that company and have them compensate us for those cards!