Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LuffyVeggies
Mar 11, 2016
Oh man, I remember reading these all the time as a kid. I actually liked them better than the main Goosebumps series. I've been doing my best to catch up to where we are now. Glad everyone can see how interesting (and utterly ridiculous) some of these can get. Looking back, I think my favourite (out of the ones I read) was Curse of the Creeping Coffin, but I do still have a soft spot for Little Comic Shop of Horrors.

Anyways, I'm voting for breaking free from the squid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuffyVeggies
Mar 11, 2016
There's no earthly way of knowing
Which direction we are going...

I think it's time to bail.

LuffyVeggies
Mar 11, 2016
Oh geez, I'm suddenly remembering that fake life preserver part. Complete bullshit (like most of the deaths in this series).

Let's go back and break free from that squid.

LuffyVeggies fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Nov 26, 2019

LuffyVeggies
Mar 11, 2016
I like turning left.

LuffyVeggies
Mar 11, 2016
Make like King Arthur and RUN AWAY!

LuffyVeggies
Mar 11, 2016
Imma vote for sand trap because I absolutely love wasting ten strokes trying to get my ball out of there.

LuffyVeggies
Mar 11, 2016
Everyone knows that Jupiter is big. And because it's big, that means if we were on Jupiter, we'd be smaller. Smaller things weigh less.

I dare you to find fault in my logic!

LuffyVeggies
Mar 11, 2016
I think it's time that we don't play the racing game.

LuffyVeggies
Mar 11, 2016
Wording trouble. It's a trick question.

Floyd is wrong.

LuffyVeggies
Mar 11, 2016
I just imagine that the entire time, Patty and Big Al were playing something simple like Tetris, and the entire time Patty was going full Egoraptor, screaming, "WHY DIDN'T THE GAME TELL ME WHAT TO DO?! WHY IS THIS SO UNINTUITIVE?! THIS GAME SUCKS!" All this immediately after skipping the tutorial.

In any case, I know the answer here, but I want to whine and complain like my boy Arin.

LuffyVeggies
Mar 11, 2016
We won! Now onto a book I haven't read.

Actually, I'm trying to remember what other ones in the series I HAVE read... I did "You're Plant Food" and I also think "Checkout Time at the Deadend Hotel," but no others from here-on-out.

LuffyVeggies
Mar 11, 2016

Omnicrom posted:

The non-adventure Goosebumps Books had the same schedule. If you go back and read some of them and they're a half-baked scattershot hodge-podge with little coherence given for rhyme, reason, structure, or quality it's because they were churned out monthly by a legion of ghostwriters.

What's funny is that about five years ago, Stine did an AMA on Reddit and claimed that there were never any ghostwriters.

That made me laugh - even if he WAS talented enough to write both a standard 96-140 page kids' novel AND a CYOA novel a month, on top of anything else he was doing, some of the books (such as Vampire Breath) have such a different prose style than the series usually has that it's a dead giveaway that he didn't write them all.

LuffyVeggies
Mar 11, 2016
So digging a tunnah didn't work? Sad.

Guess we'll have to slog through it.

LuffyVeggies
Mar 11, 2016
If it was guaranteed to be a monster, I would fight it, but there's no guarantee, and I don't want to fight a polar bear.

Let's escape on the iceberg. Merry Christmas.

LuffyVeggies
Mar 11, 2016
We must follow the doggo. Why? Because he's a good boy. How do we know? Because he's a dog - all dogs are good boys. Even the girls.

LuffyVeggies
Mar 11, 2016
I am a greedy son of a bitch and demand we take both the compass and the magnifying glass.

LuffyVeggies
Mar 11, 2016
drat it, I'm Canadian - we got rid of the penny years ago. I can't play.

...unless you allow the loophole of a dime, at which point, Andy wins.

LuffyVeggies
Mar 11, 2016
Oh no I do not remember at all, and I don't want to cheat.

...yellow and violet.

LuffyVeggies
Mar 11, 2016
I insist on cheating and taking both the compass and magnifying glass.

LuffyVeggies
Mar 11, 2016
Wow, it was even stupider than I thought it would be! I'm satisfied :)

Anyways, I say red and green this time.

LuffyVeggies
Mar 11, 2016
Let's magnify it!

On a side note, I did once try the magnifying glass thing. It took me thirty minutes of experimentation because I was a stupid kid who didn't realize it was the focus that caused the burning, and even then all I managed was a bit of burn damage to a wooden deck.

LuffyVeggies
Mar 11, 2016
I would like to float on an iceberg.

LuffyVeggies
Mar 11, 2016
Time to float!

LuffyVeggies
Mar 11, 2016
Ok, I GUESS we'll go with 54...

LuffyVeggies
Mar 11, 2016
We must run. The Joestar Family secret technique.

LuffyVeggies
Mar 11, 2016
Back from vacation, and I vote for leafy sunhat. I don't see how that can go wrong!

LuffyVeggies
Mar 11, 2016
Look at my hat - it's made of leaves.

LuffyVeggies
Mar 11, 2016
In that case, let's escape. That hat ending was as stupid as I had heard it would be.

LuffyVeggies fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Feb 24, 2020

LuffyVeggies
Mar 11, 2016
We've gone this far, why not fail the second question?

LuffyVeggies
Mar 11, 2016

Maugrim posted:

We already did that, so let's get it right this time.

...I feel like an idiot.

LuffyVeggies
Mar 11, 2016
Poor aliens. They think they're so great but they aren't at all. Nice to let them win.

Anyways, 7 is an odd number.

LuffyVeggies fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Mar 3, 2020

LuffyVeggies
Mar 11, 2016
I will press the button.

LuffyVeggies
Mar 11, 2016
Brace for impact!

LuffyVeggies
Mar 11, 2016
I guess a park ranger might help us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuffyVeggies
Mar 11, 2016
I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map...