Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I'm ready for another season of cheering on my large football men

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Spoeank posted:

The 49ers going straight from 3 straight nfccg to a dumpster fire doesnt make me mad at all I'm laughing in fact

Same friend! Me and my handsome fun QB!

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I'm really glad the Hawks got the one or else I'd probably have drank myself to death after SB49 ended

But I would've missed out on the Huskies making the playoff and the Sounders winning it all so sports-wise this isn't a horrible timeline tbh, I really hope the Hawks win it all this year before their window closes.

dont hate the playa
May 12, 2009
The first SB loss in 98 was way worse for me because after beating the Vikings in the NFCCG I thought they were destined to win. Then Eugene Robinson (winner of the Bart Starr award lol) got arrested and everything unraveled from there. This time around even up 28-3 I was never comfortable so my hopes never got up. When the collapse came I just went and made nachos because welp, that's the life of a Falcons fan.

I do wish I could view the game through the eye of a non-Falcons fan because it must be an awesome moment for "sport" but unfortunately it is dead to me.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Spoeank posted:

The 49ers going straight from 3 straight nfccg to a dumpster fire doesnt make me mad at all I'm laughing in fact

god bless alex smith, kyle williams, and whoever called those last four plays in the super bowl

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

a neat cape posted:

I wish my team choked in a superbowl

They did!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

You must have a pretty generous definition of choking

San Diego was never even in that game

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

a neat cape posted:

You must have a pretty generous definition of choking

San Diego was never even in that game

That's because they choked on the big stage.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
It isn't a choke job if you get curbstomped from the jump. Much like the Raiders in SB37

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
San Diego was down 14-0 before the National Anthem

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
The Titans losing to the Rams hurt a lot but the team had a great season and playoff run and I was at the Bills game where Kevin Dyson scored the touchdown right in front of me so that was cool and good and something I'll always remember

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Durandal1707 posted:

It isn't a choke job if you get curbstomped from the jump. Much like the Raiders in SB37

That was an inside job.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Demon Of The Fall posted:

The Titans losing to the Rams hurt a lot but the team had a great season and playoff run and I was at the Bills game where Kevin Dyson scored the touchdown right in front of me so that was cool and good and something I'll always remember
gently caress the Titans, Gregg Williams is a cheating whore. Jaguars go 14-2 with the two losses being the Titans, then lose to the Titans in the playoffs. gently caress the Titans forever.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

lol at

teams that lose super bowls
teams that can't beat the pats in the postseason
cleveland baseball/football

also gently caress the falcons

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

gently caress the Titans, Gregg Williams is a cheating whore. Jaguars go 14-2 with the two losses being the Titans, then lose to the Titans in the playoffs. gently caress the Titans forever.

Are you crying bro? Are you crying over the jags losing 3 times to the titans in one season?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Steve Smith burning Jason Sehorn and Adam Archuleta for a 60 yard TD in double OT will be forever burned in my memory because it was the last time the Rams were good and it will probably be that way forever

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Metapod posted:

Are you crying bro? Are you crying over the jags losing 3 times to the titans in one season?
:shrug: He admitted to having the Jaguar's playbook, which is cheating, so sure yeah I guess so.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I live in Massachusetts, am an Eagles fan and wear a L or 1XL shirt.

There is a XXL Jerry Rice Seahawks jersey in this thrift store. Do I buy this?

Edit: I'm gonna buy this.

Further edit: I bought it.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jun 30, 2017

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

:shrug: He admitted to having the Jaguar's playbook, which is cheating, so sure yeah I guess so.

Maybe the jags shouldn't have given Gregg the playbook

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Maybe tho

Maybe

They should have ?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/880804947813703681

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

"If ya ain't cheatin', ya ain't tryin'"

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

"he's an rear end in a top hat but he's the most talented player in the draft"

*as it turns out, doesn't actually know how to play football*

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

What a waste.

Also Thomas Davis wants an extension, meaning one last paycheck before he retires to the coaching staff.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

So now they can only be penciled in for 15 wins.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

good

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

All aboard the Bryce Treggs express choo choo

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Quiet Feet posted:

You were right to do this.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Which Steeler "killer bee" will go off for a 300 yard game this year? AB: 308 YFS vs Raiders in 2015, Bell 298 vs Bills 2016?

I'm gonna say Bryant will put up 300 on the Ravens or Bengals this year.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Roethlisberger

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Which Steeler "killer bee" will go off for a 300 yard game this year? AB: 308 YFS vs Raiders in 2015, Bell 298 vs Bills 2016?

I'm gonna say Bryant will put up 300 on the Ravens or Bengals this year.

How many people come off from a year long suspension and get better than their "pretty good" track record?

Bryant had good games but those are Jordan Matthews like numbers for year 1 and 2

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

How many people come off from a year long suspension and get better than their "pretty good" track record?

Bryant had good games but those are Jordan Matthews like numbers for year 1 and 2

He gained 20lbs of lean muscle, and has a 4.28/40 posted on his Insta, meaning he actually trained for the 1st time in his entire football life. Of course there's no guarantee he won't be suspended by October, but he's poised for a breakout year.

He's never actually tried to be good before, so I'm kinda excited

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
DGB was awesome because he's just such a massive being. He didn't run routes just kinda tried to get open

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

That's essentially what he was at Missouri as well. The people that were high on him pre-draft were just hoping he'd stop being a massive piece of idiotic poo poo and start learning to play football.

In any case, I'm glad his career is trash.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'll never forget when dbg thrashed the jags rip dgb

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

He gained 20lbs of lean muscle, and has a 4.28/40 posted on his Insta, meaning he actually trained for the 1st time in his entire football life. Of course there's no guarantee he won't be suspended by October, but he's poised for a breakout year.

He's never actually tried to be good before, so I'm kinda excited

I would be pretty skeptical of those self-reported numbers if I were you. I used to be the king of hyping up breakout years for players when I did fantasy football and it is loving NEVER the guy anyone thinks it is. It's always some doofus who just happens to have a natural ability to get open.

I mean, last year it was loving Terrel Pryor.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I feel you, but he showed up to OTAs and his claims were visually confirmed. He ran with the 1st team from day 1 back

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I feel you, but he showed up to OTAs and his claims were visually confirmed. He ran with the 1st team from day 1 back

Look I just want everyone to have a Nelson Agholor on their team okay?

Edit: Actually that's a really bad comparison because Bryant has shown NFL skill in games and not just practice

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Quiet Feet posted:

Excellent choice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I'm a pretty big believer in Bryant-mania

• Locked thread