Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
loving Hell...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

Holy poo poo, someone brought up Kevin Brown in the MLB thread and we were chatting about him a little. He was a hall of pretty good pitcher, first guy to sign 100 million dollar contract in baseball. Anyway he was traded to the Yankees at the end of 2003 for a couple of guys you don't care about and Brandon Weeden.

I'm sure this must have come up around the time he was drafted in stories but I swear I never heard that.

Weeden had good fastball, can put it right between the numbers ON THE BACK OF WILLIS MCGAHEE'S jersey.

Edit:forgot be was on the wrong side of 40.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

kiimo posted:

I guess the Chiefs won 12 games last year and none of them were won by Maclin or Charles so I probably shouldn't worry but those are identity guys. Oh well I guess we're moving on.

Maclin will make a great target for Deshaun Watson to try and throw at but then accidentally throw a pick instead.

I would be all for the Browns making a play for him then I remember the last Chiefs receiver we signed.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

FYI The Hall of fame Game isn't going to be played in Canton this year. A buddy of mine is an electrical contractor there and said there was a big meeting with all the contractors and there is no way the stadium will be ready in time. Where do you think they will end up playing the game? I think Infocision Stadium in Akron is the Logical choice but there is a chance it could be Paul Brown Stadium or First Energy Stadium.

That being said, it's the Hall of Fame game, who cares?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

AsInHowe posted:

Why wouldn't it be ready? I thought it was the field that was screwed up?

They rebuilt the stands and luxury boxes this offseason.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

a neat cape posted:

Also he didn't make the pro bowl that year lol

What?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Intruder posted:

lol they show Kraft's ring first gently caress him

But Kraft only has 4 rings to wear???

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Thordain posted:

Hey, I'm gonna go back to lurking in a second but the Jets safeties should have been Air Traffic Control.

Or the South Tower.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Volkerball posted:

It'd be a lot more clear if he didn't actually suck rear end. As it is, there's a ton of "Michael Sam was the SEC player of the year!" bullshit floating around.

He played well enough in certain schemes that he absolutely could/should have found a job by now. Michael Sam never made a 53 man roster, Kaep played at a high level for a period of time, even Tebow with how bad he looked got far more chances than Kaep is getting.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Volkerball posted:

Decker is still out there. Free agency is still going on. That a player hasn't been signed as this point doesn't inherently mean he won't, or that teams are refusing to sign him. And Tebow got signed right before training camp once or twice. The thing with kaep is he has always been a more effective running as a qb than as a passer. So a lot of teams will value a lovely pocket qb over a lovely kaep just because they fit their team better. Especially if lovely pocket qb has already been on the team for a few years and knows the offense. What team is kaep legit a good fit for that needed a backup that didn't sign him?

Eric Decker was just recently released while Kaep has been a free agent for all of this off season thus far and has only gotten one look.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Eli Wiggum posted:

TJ Ward was one of the more underrated signings at the time and I'm glad it worked out

Ray Farmer didn't even TRY to sign him, TJ wanted to stay in Cleveland. Ray Farmer is the reason we lost Alex Mack and TJ ward.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Kalli posted:

Yeah, I think they easily made the worst two picks, and let TJ Ward walk and screwed around with Alex Mack, causing him to walk as well the next year.

So really the Browns had 4 major assets that offseason and zeroed all of them.

I was so happy when Lombardi was fired after the way him and Bannon did Chudzinski dirty, but we ended up with 2 years of an even worse front office that probably set the team back 5 years all on its own.

Free Agents such as Tramon Williams, Paul Krueger, Ben Tate, Dwayne Bowe, and Donte Whitner.

1/4 on 1st round draft Picks, since I have hope for Danny Shelton working out still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

• Locked thread