Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Quiet Feet posted:

I wonder if its possible for a coach to be some level of good but to have some flaws? Lile, maybe they can do certain things well but they make mistakes, big or small, in other parts of their job? Iunno, I'm just an Andy Reid-lovin Eagles fan who's spitballin' here.

Nonsense, that would mean a crusty old man who seemed married to his ways of old school football like Tom Coughlin could actually win a super bowl in the modern era, how stupid are you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I was willing to partially buy into the argument against Kaep's skills and football issues before the draft. He had a lot of baggage, and maybe teams would want to wait to the draft and see what they get before spending money on Kaep. I expected Kaep to get a job right after the draft once teams knew where they'd have to stand for the season and GMs finally said "Okay fine, lets get Kaep" and eased off of the blackballing.

But the fact that he still doesn't have a job, and is not close to having one, loving lol at anyone who thinks that Kaep doesn't have a job for purely football reasons. loving lol so hard. It's not even subtext at this point, it's practically flashing in our faces in big neon letters BLACKBALLED.

Teams Kaep is good enough to start on right now:
Bears
Rams
Browns
Texans
Broncos
Jags
Jets
Maybe Texans

Several of those teams recently invested in a future QB, so it's slightly understandable a few of them might not want to pay Kaep. Although, for many of them, it would also seem super smart to get Kaep for like a year or two as a stop gap so the rookies can develop.

Here's a list of teams that Kaepernick would be an easy upgrade at backup QB
Giants
Skins
Eagles
Cowboys
Bucs
Panthers
Falcons
Saints
Bears
Lions
Packers
Cardinals
Seahawks
Rams
49ers (lol)
Dolphins
Bills
Jets
Steelers
Ravens
Browns
Bengals
Jags
Colts
Titans
Texans
Chargers
Raiders
Broncos
Chiefs

Kaep is pretty much an instant upgrade at backup for pretty much every team, outside maybe the Pats and the Vikings, who have two mediocre QBs better than Kaep on the roster. He's a perfect backup. Whatever salary he might command should only remove him from a handful of those teams, for cap reasons. Many of those teams have old QBs close to death that could really use someone like Kaep to be close at hand (Cardinals come to mind). There is no leg to stand on that Kaep isn't good enough to have an NFL job, and if he doesn't have this activist baggage on him, he is employed months ago.

Keith Atherton posted:

Wasn't he real bad last year though? Like skying passes over dudes heads and beaning people on the sidelines?

I dont know what kind of a contract he's expecting

He had a few really terrible games last year (The Bears game) but he also looked like old Kaep a few times too. It didn't matter, the 49ers were so bad everyone assumes he was the problem, he wasn't really the problem.

• Locked thread