Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hifi
Jul 25, 2012

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Can you cut a player after injury at this point in the year? Not to be cold to be cold to Pitta but Baltimore could use a Maclin and our 3.5 million in cap space ain't going to cut it, even with a back loaded deal.

they can waive him with an injury settlement but i don't think they can do anything to help with cap space unless he retires

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

lol pff
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-best-player-over-30-years-old-at-every-defensive-position/

quote:

Ndamukong Suh, Miami Dolphins (2016 PFF overall grade: 87.2)

There is very little separating Suh from Calais Campbell, as they have been among the top interior defenders for the better part of this decade. While Suh graded out lower than Campbell in 2016, his consistency earns him the nod here, as he has graded above 86.0 in each of the past five seasons. While Suh had a down year in terms of pass-rushing by his standard, the Miami defender still racked up 57 total pressures, which were tied for the third-most among defensive tackles.

Honorable Mention: Calais Campbell, Jacksonville Jaguars (90.4)

why even do the ratings then? also jesus this offseason is just going to be a billion top 100 lists

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

patrick peterson should be the best corner on the nfl top 100

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

is this a new badass workout

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the cowboys going from rolando mcclain to daryl washington would be funny but not so much if he's any good

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/07/odell-beckham-blocked-us-on-twitter/

lol

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/08/dennis-pitta-exits-baltimore-with-no-additional-compensation/

quote:

PFT has obtained a copy of the injury waiver, and it means that the Ravens owe Pitta nothing further due to the fact that the injury relates to his past issues with his hip.

that sucks. it sounds like he's betting on coming back which seems real stupid

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

MrSargent posted:

Out of curiosity, I looked at CJ2K's career stats just to see how he compares to RBs that are potential HoFers. After looking at several players, and this is definitely some of the homer in me, but I can't get over just how incredible of a career Frank Gore has had in the NFL. He has 9 seasons of over 1k rushing yards, and his lowest yardage total was his Rookie year with 608 yards. His latest 1k+ season came last year, his 12TH SEASON in the league. Excluding his rookie year, he has had at least 200 rushing attempts in every year of his career which is a testament to his durability at a brutal position, while maintaining a career YPC of 4.4 over the span of nearly 3000 rushing attempts. Are there any other examples of a running back playing at this high of a level for over a decade?

yeah, him and steven jackson and meanwhile the cardinals were loving around with beanie wells and ryan williams

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i didn't know this but the greatest football team in the history of the state of arizona, the rattlers, are in the ifl now and their games are live on youtube now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHrqBCtIhC4

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

so patrick peterson and maybe david johnson are top 20 players. cool

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the cardinals had the no fly zone back in 2014

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the wikipedia page for player nicknames has a funny mix of doe eyed fans, typical wikipedians, and salty vandalizers

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Chichevache posted:

David Johnson is the best all around back in the NFL.

i asked earlier and nobody responded but i don't know when they voted on this since there's a bunch of videos to produce or whatever, so if it was at the start of the year then he shouldn't be on it

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

I think bell is the better runner but johnson can play WR and basically burns everyone that doesn't respect that in addition to being a very good traditional back. also bell has had like 3 more years in the nfl and this was johnson's first full season as the #1 back

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

andre ellington was good but he's had 2 years of turf toe and unless you can guarantee me he's going to be healthy and his game won't be completely wrecked from previous injuries then i'd probably rather have kerwin williams as the backup

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

yeah there's a bunch of context stuff too. johnson set the record for consecutive >100 yard all-purpose games, had 20 tds, only got hurt in the last game of the season, and had an extra 4 yards/reception over bell.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

tmz says mike floyd tested positive for alcohol

quote:

A court rep tells us Floyd blamed the positive tests on Kombucha -- a fermented tea that contains a very low amount of alcohol. Typically, Kombucha contains equal or less alcohol than a non-alcoholic beer.

The issue for Floyd ... his alcohol tests all came back showing a B.A.C. of between .044 and .055, which would be hard to do on Kombucha alone. He also skipped one of his breath tests altogether.

Floyd denies any wrongdoing saying, "Totally false. The whole thing is false."

Despite his claims, the Scottsdale City Court records show he's due in court on June 26th for an "Order to Show Cause" hearing.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Kalli posted:

Football outsiders released their defeat numbers for last year: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2017/2016-defeats

A defeat is:

A tackle that results in a loss of yardage, including sacks.
Any play that results in a turnover, including tipped passes which are then intercepted.
Any tackle or tipped pass that leads to a stop on third or fourth down.

And no surprise, overall Khalil Mack and Von Miller were the best players last year.... except that there were two Bills in the top 5 because their run defense was feast or famine. Their run D was like Barry Sanders. If they didn't get a stop behind the line, they averaged giving up 5.6 yards per carry.

The giants also had the top CB and top safety while Aaron Donald and Suh topped the list for non-edge rushing linemen.

markus golden being on that list is a surprise. really underrated i guess.

him and chandler jones are not the guys i would have expected

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i "did the math" from the first results on google: http://www.brad21.org/bac_charts.html, and http://www.nutritionheart.com/alcohol-drinks-grams-of-alcohol/ and guessing 1% alcohol in kombucha and that turns into 1.4 gallons of kombucha

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

kerry rhodes got blacklisted for looking gay

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i'd rather have kaepernick over stanton if palmer gets hurt or retires but not over stanton as a backup that never plays because he's not going to know the offense as well as stanton and supposedly stanton has that massive jim sorgi-esque brain or something

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

cardinals fans probably hate him too because he has this weird combination of making GBS threads on us back with harbaugh and then being bad a year ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOFXsYuYGLw

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

veldheer is getting moved to RT and after that one picture where he's in the gym and like 3x the size of the other already yolked people in the photo, i'd call him a disappointment, although still a decent player i guess.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Shangri-Law School posted:

I feel like Kaep would fit best in Bruce Arians's offense, but Arians is too much of an old fart to bring him in.

I'm not sure, the entire short-range game for the cardinals are loopy screen passes and dumpoffs and laser-accurate out routes and that sort of finesse stuff, and if kaepernick is really only a one-note passer like 49ers posters have said in the past then he would look really bad if a team were to try and shut down the deep routes at the expense of man coverage on the shorter routes. like, palmer threw maybe half a dozen slant routes all year versus what felt like half that when harbaugh was coaching the 49ers and kaep.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Shangri-Law School posted:

Fair enough, you would know better than I do. I thought Kaep's big arm fit the "unleash the dragon" mentality that Arians seems to have.

I could see it working, and maybe they have enough plays in the playbook to tailor an offense to him, but like I said I'd rather see stanton be the backup for limited spot appearances and whatever he does in the meeting room. If palmer's out for an extended period then i'd rather have kaepernick, although the cardinals probably wouldn't go out and sign him mid-season

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

tim tebow got promoted to high a ball. he really is white deion sanders

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Preposterous.

*sips $12 bud light, chomps $10 pretzel while roasting in the sun watching a team with one of the league's lowest payrolls because our owner says its not feasible economically to erect a sun shade*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i'd rather spend $4 on a hot dog than $1

• Locked thread