Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Coldforge posted:

He wasn't blackballed, guys! Teams just totally don't want to sign him for whatever individual reason they have. Honest.

Probably same reason Niners have no interest, he's poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Yah.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

whypick1 posted:

Did you miss the "$10M in cap relief" bit? That's a rather significant amount.

Hot rumor is that the Chefs are making space to trade for Sherman.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

War crimes isn't going to stop his weird hatred of the dude so best let it go.

I don't hate him. I'll repeat that I think he's done some great non-football related things. He's just a sub-mediocre QB who wants too much money to be a back up.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

Well I mean the topic at hand is the NFL itself is keeping him out, which you can choose not to believe but you should at least engage it.

Also there is never to much money as GMs are dumb.

Sure. I don't believe there's some league-wide conspiracy to keep Kaep down. Are there teams that would not sign him specifically because of his politics? Hell yes. Jets and Panthers come to mind, although the Jets have legit reasons to not bother, also. Bears, possibly. There are probably more. But if he was good enough to be a quality starter or would take less money as a back up, he'd have been signed by now. He probably will be signed by the time the season starts.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

MrLogan posted:

Not going to lie, I was upset we took Cooper instead of Williams.

I wasn't and wouldn't trade them now, either.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Intruder posted:

Uh oh someone lit up the Warcrimes signal

oh who cares, this is more fun

https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status/872190266609770496

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Quest For Glory II posted:

Or a coach inviting Colin and a GM/Owner later telling the coach "you can't sign him"

idk it's not much different from black coaches being flown out to sham interviews. by inviting Colin and not signing him they can say "look we tried" while ultimately still blackballing him

https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/872194066212978688

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jun 7, 2017

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/872978087780040704

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

fsif posted:

I'm going to develop an app that pings people at the precise moment of kickoff of the season opener so they can avoid whatever insufferable little clambake Gillette Stadium is planning on broadcasting beforehand.

Please and thank you

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

https://twitter.com/VicTafur/status/873980591770705920

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Volkerball posted:

That's ridiculous free agency pricing though.

At least when Mack sets the record it will be worth every penny

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I've had a bunch of retarded opinions before so I know what one looks like

What's shakin', bad opinion bro!

gently caress Moss

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Amy Pole Her posted:

Yeah they cut/let walk everyone with talent

Richardson Leonard Williams deserves better

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Durandal1707 posted:

As good as Ben is, I do think the Steelers still would've won the title in 05 if Rivers fell to them. Good o-line, solid run game, and a fantastic defense the likes of which Rivers never has enjoyed with the Chargers.

2008's a lot dicier, because that Steeler o-line really sucked and Rivers isn't the kind of dude who could shrug off linebackers like Ben could in his prime.

Seeing how Ole Grey Dick was absolute poo poo in 05....

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Doug Baldwin has been a huge supporter of Kaepernick's politics since the beginning

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/06/06/doug-baldwin-defends-seahawks-decision-to-sign-austin-davis-over-colin.html

Someone's starter is going to have to get injured for him to land a spot. Although it never will be a for a few teams- Jets and Carolina are a couple that come to mind

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

poo poo, the Bills signed something called a T.J. Yates. The Raiders signed E.J. Manuel, the Giants signed Geno Smith. The Jets have a geriatric, a confused rock star, and Christian Hackenburg.
I could go on, but the point is that none of these players is nearly as good as Kaep, but they have jobs.

Yes, for back up QB money.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Sataere posted:

If Kaep was offered a contract and turned it down because it wasn't enough, do you really think that it wouldn't have been leaked to the media? Because it absolutely would have been just to stop people like us from having this conversation.

Did you even read what Baldwin said?

Spoeank posted:

Raiders fans on SA insist Kaepernick is demanding eight figures a year and a starting role and has a 1:1000 TD:INT ratio despite none of this being publicly true.

Niner fans keep on saying he's being blackballed although apparently he's not good enough for his really bad former team

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Grittybeard posted:

I hope we're not talking Doug Baldwin? The only relevant thing I can see that he said is he doesn't believe Kaep is blacklisted and does believe he's an NFL starter, which seems to be obviously false one way or the other given...say...the Jets. Or Bears. Or Texans.

Why in the world are you appealing to the authority of a middling receiver who doesn't seem particularly plugged in to what's going on anyway?

Behold the brilliance of Doug Baldwin and then look at who teams have historically signed to play quarterback when they didn't have one:

e: If your point is solely about the Seahawks not signing him then whatever, but the Seahawks being the only team he's even met with is shady as hell.

He's basically saying the reason is financial as younger/worse back up QBs take less money. Baldwin is pretty connected with Kaepernick and I'll repeat what I've stated before- I think a number of teams are blackballing him, just not all 32. Now I'm done.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Durandal1707 posted:

If Decker's mostly recovered than it's a fantastic move for the Titans. He's always been a quality #2 WR when he's been on the field and he's much bigger than most of the DBs covering him, so he gives Mariota another sure option.

Tbh Tennessee is gonna be pretty fun to watch this year.

It's my favorite FA signing of the off season.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

kiimo posted:

Eric Berry is #13 on the NFL list and is nowhere to be found on the PFF top 50.

Clearly PFF needs to begin using black mass stats.

quote:

Next up is Berry, who is ranked at No. 52 overall:

“Eric Berry continued his fine play for the Chiefs in the heart of the Kansas City defense. Berry earned strong grades against both the run and pass, making 18 defensive stops on the season and picking off four passes. Overall, he did very little wrong, and played well in a role that saw him back deep as a free safety more this year than in the past.

Best performance: Week 15 vs. Titans, 87.0 grade

Key stat: Berry played just 18.8 percent of his snaps in the box as a strong safety in 2016.“

Berry was also Honorable Mention on their All NFL team.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

kiimo posted:

The numbers for Carr when he is pressured are abysmal.

lol no

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17956275/numbers-rise-derek-carr-oakland-raiders-mvp-contention-2016

http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/best-quarterbacks-nfl-2016-formula/

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jun 21, 2017

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/879438570523684864

Dude had talent but couldn't stay healthy, it seems

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/880562097679024128

Draft, develop and extend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

haha gently caress DGB

• Locked thread