Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

sean10mm posted:

:chord:

Favre's last good season was at age 40. On one hand, he was a genetic freak in terms of durability. On the other hand, he would get fat in the offseason chugging beer and oxycontin, while Brady is a diet & exercise freak 24/7/365 who chugs the finest blends of undetectable PEDs.

The main thing I took away from reading Gunslinger is how much of an athletic freak of nature Favre was. He spent most of his time off the field drunkenly suckin' & fuckin' around the state of Wisconsin, could barely read a defense for poo poo for a lot of his career and he was still easily one of the best players in the league.

I kinda miss watching QBs like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

warcrimes posted:

Probably same reason Niners have no interest, he's poo poo.

Nah.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

SHOAH NUFF posted:

The Chiefs OL is in a weird place where it is a good pass blocking unit but terrible at run blocking. I blame Andy Reid's love for smaller quicker linemen

the funny thing to me is that Reid used to be the opposite with o-linemen. Mind you, I was just a kid in the early 2000s, but I distinctly remember that his early Eagles teams used to have absolutely huge offensive linemen. Dudes like Jon Runyan, Tra Thomas, Shawn Andrews were like 330+ lbs; I mean all of them were basically houses. So it's kinda amusing he changed so drastically since.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Appropos of nothing, but Andy Benoit looks like a much douchier Simon Pegg

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

aperion posted:

N: Melvin Ingram has been signed by the Chargers more than a month ahead of the July 15 deadline. 4 years, $66m, $42m guaranteed.

V: I wish they learned how to shut the gently caress up and get business done while they were still in San Diego. Still bitter about that.

Holy poo poo at that guaranteed money. Just...

That's nuts for what kind of player he is.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Cowher preferred Rivers to any QB in that draft, once Rivers was gone The Jaw wanted an o-lineman over Ben. Dan Rooney had to step in

As good as Ben is, I do think the Steelers still would've won the title in 05 if Rivers fell to them. Good o-line, solid run game, and a fantastic defense the likes of which Rivers never has enjoyed with the Chargers.

2008's a lot dicier, because that Steeler o-line really sucked and Rivers isn't the kind of dude who could shrug off linebackers like Ben could in his prime.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
He's Norv's shittier brother, right?

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
If Decker's mostly recovered than it's a fantastic move for the Titans. He's always been a quality #2 WR when he's been on the field and he's much bigger than most of the DBs covering him, so he gives Mariota another sure option.

Tbh Tennessee is gonna be pretty fun to watch this year.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

a neat cape posted:

I'll be happy if my team doesn't blow like 6 games with hilarious 4th quarter collapses, gets 6-7 wins, or just stays relatively healthy.

Any one of those three.

Pretty much. they're nowhere near good enough to win the west and Lynn will probably have some growing pains as an HC, but there's some young talent on the roster to be excited about on the o-line and defense going forward. I'd be ok with 7-9/8-8 as long as they show growth from the McCoy era.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl1CUSzO9C0

Huh so Bosa's dad played for the Dolphins, go figure.

Also watch it to see Marino do his thing all over the Jets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
It isn't a choke job if you get curbstomped from the jump. Much like the Raiders in SB37

• Locked thread