Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
poo poo buffalo gets another weapon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Our runningbacks could be something special this year if ajayi stays healthy

Huge fan of Drake

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
BLACKS ON THE FIELD
BACK WHERE THEY BELONG
TIME TO KEEP GETTIN FAMOUS
FOR THIS lovely OUTDATED SONG
ARE YOU READY
ARE YOU READY
ARE YOU READY READY
ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALLLLL

I really hate that outdated racist dumb piece of poo poo

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Like in some interviews with HW jr you can tell without cameras on he would've said N****** two or three times

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I want that KC homer to do videos on every team

You'd think they were all Super Bowl caliber

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I don't understand
All he has to do is take off his skirt??
Why suffer??

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Jay Ajayi had zero oline help but still dominated

Top 5 in so many badass stats

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

WHOOPS posted:

Speaking of Randy Moss...

https://twitter.com/Vikings/status/875049426875711491

Took long enough. Not sure if they'll ever retire 84 it but they should.

Whys that patriot love the Vikings so much

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lol he really highlighted just what a dumpster that team was at the time

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Volker I'm sorry you've been having issues at work. Keep working hard and things will get better

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Coldforge posted:

:allears:

That's adorable.

And be born with connections

And white

It's sick

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I was talking to Randy Moss not Volker who gives a poo poo if Volker does well or even dies? Nobody!

How many touchdowns has HE even caught?! None!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Also just remembered Atlanta stole free agency

Derrick Shelby is a starting RE in the NFL and he'll shock falcons fans

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

The only shocking thing coming out of atlanta this year is the drop off from shanahan to the drunk they found in a ditch in alabama

You wouldn't at least hope they're shocked like Carolina was following THEIR Super Bowl hangover?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Stedman Bailey was identical to Jarvis Landry in college

God I'm sad he didn't get a chance

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Volkerball posted:

He did get a chance.

A single full season where he showed flashes of promise then a second season cut short because he was shot in the head

Yes that's certainly ample opportunity!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah they cut/let walk everyone with talent

Richardson deserves better

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah what he ran himself out of the NFL with this lol

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lol Volker

Just lol

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Dig deeper

Click post history

Be amazed

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

I can imagine an argument that he's only ever had success in very specific offenses and coaches don't think his talents can broadly translate. Also many might think he's just bad enough as a starter to keep you from competing, and just good enough as a backup that pressure will build to start him

On the other hand Christian hackenburg is winning a qb competition so

This entire post x 10. It's hilarious seeing someone even attempt to justify what's happening to Kaep as an indication of his talent level when you see teams signing Jimmy Clausen to a 2nd contract

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Regular season Miami game last year. 65 yards. gently caress I HATE LANDRY JONES AUGHHHHH

God we never missed our safeties more than that play. Bacari Rambo woof

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Logic the age old enemy of war crimes

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article144385454.html

Same dude from April

He's clearly intelligent and right and handsome

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Well Carrs way better than Stafford so maybe not

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Shangri-Law School posted:

False, but it's mainly because Stafford is only three years older than Carr, but already has two massive contracts in his career.

That's true l I forgot Stafford got that crazy first contract

But Carr >>>>>> Stafford and I really like Stafford

Stafford rules for his cannon but goddamn homeboy really is going to earn 250 million

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Stafford is at 127 million right now

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Shangri-Law School posted:

Every quarterback is bad under pressure, except stupid Rodgers.

Nope

Check OP

(Against the blitz)

Plus he's handsome

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Diva Cupcake posted:

Eli is at $205.8m.

If he plays out the 3 years left on his deal, he beats that.

Dang it's nuts to think he's earned 205 but is worth roughly 100

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Tannehill was sacked 50+ times his first three years

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
God drat Irsay lives the life

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

it's true people with tons of money and substance abuse issues who have lots of casual sex are known for being very fulfilled and happy

Some are some aren't

I did forget he had the issues with the substance abuse. That's no fun.

I'd go the multiple divorce route

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jun 23, 2017

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Happiness is all about not constantly moving your goalposts and setting your desire constantly outside your reach.

Also, researchers have found that the largest concrete correlations of happiness for people are making over roughly $70k a year and having a commute under 40 minutes. It was funny because commuting was described as having a new, slightly different hell each morning by the researcher.

I think it's more about what hit your fulfillment senses. I remember when I left my litigation job in Toronto some people just couldn't fathom giving up a huge paycheck for the sake of not wanting to kill yourself

I edited because this is the football news/views thread, not the "justify your lifestyle and why YOU are happier!!!!" Thread. I have married friends who constantly go out of their way to judge single people or people without kids. "You just don't know what an incredible joy it is!!! There's really no comparison" says the girl married to her HS sweetheart that's never left the state. Not everyone who chooses to avoid marriage and children is some depressed drug addict looking for life meaning

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jun 23, 2017

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Ok actual football stuff -

Local filmmakers shot a movie called "the rabbit hunt" with no dialogue about people catching rabbits in Pahokee.

This matters to you because you have likely had a player from Pahokee on your roster within the past 3 years. Tons of big name stars come from this tiny community and every one of them credit learning how to catch rabbits in the cane fields with helping their reflexes and agility

Some of the bigger names like Santonio Holmes, Fred Taylor, Anquain Boldin etc

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Eli Wiggum posted:

People like this are actually miserable and just looking for ways to feel better about their lovely situation.

I'm sure you get it like I do. constantly.

Yes I'm 32 and single. Yes I don't have kids. I take care of my nieces and I love them but holy gently caress my sister hasn't taken a vacation in years and gave up all of her hobbies. It's priorities.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Eli Wiggum posted:

I used to, until I moved to a larger city inhabited by people just like me.

That city being Chicago, home of the National Football League's Bears

That's right you fucker I forgot you're living that lifestyle. And you're exactly right, it's the folks in smaller areas

One of my connections for title down here might give me some NYC work and asked (jokingly) if I'd trade my sleepy on the water lifestyle in Jupiter for NYC

I said absolutely, but 8 months outta the year.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I went to school in belle glade and everyone made fun of this story because they had never seen or heard of anyone hunting rabbits this way

Where'd you go?

And the muck was a pretty well known thing back in my time (class of 03) except they didn't kill the rabbits just caught them. Just let them go. We went a few times to watch but never participated, and it was usually the tall sawgrass

Edit Wait is the movie saying people ate the rabbits? I thought it was known they just chase them

http://www.espn.com/highschool/rise/football/news/story?id=3869165

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jun 23, 2017

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
They don't kill or hunt them. They let them
Go. At least the few times I witnessed it they did.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

i went to glades day which was the private school where they sent all the white kids in town which might also explain why none of them had heard of the rabbit thing. i remember a chemistry teacher of ours read the post story about this/the glades in class and mocked it because it made belle glade look like a bleak hellhole. even then i thought, "well, maybe that's what it's like at glades central?"

I know glades day well.

What year? If you're 00-03 I bet we have friends in common!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

'02. although a funny thing about gds is when i was there, no one seemed to be a fan of any nfl team. they were all into college football like we were in alabama or something.

I was just with my buddy Matt was who 01 glades day! Small world

• Locked thread