Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
We've kinda turned a corner. We had a top 6 big play offense (number of plays 20+ yards)

It really feels different than Philbin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I'll celebrates miamis 2018 playoff exit with some of the easiest decisions ever

BBQ North Carolina style
Some delicious root beer soda
A fine IPA from Denver Colorado, the only beer worth drinking
Reading about gamergate as I burn dvds of my little pony that are found in households not containing 10 year old children

Hm what else is controversial

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

If they go 8-8 you must buy me a pizza with only the greatest of toppings, pineapple

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Sad King Billy posted:

I'll have to send it by airmail.

Not so fast friend! With papa John's new partnership with Venmo you can buy a pizza in Florida even if you live in Tibet! Wow!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Mulaney Power Move posted:

and with the dolphins it will be something ridiculous like we win our first 8 games only to fall apart against the raiders and lose the rest of the season, only doing better than the jets.

We will see. I completely get this attitude but we kinda fell our way into the playoffs due to injury and we earned our spot vs 08 which was fluky as poo poo with the wildcat.

I'm a big Gase fan. But then again I was pretty anti Philbin so almost anyone was an upgrade. I wanted

1 Hue Jackson
2 Adam Gase
3 A poster of Marino in Zubaz pants

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Sad King Billy posted:

Was the appointment of Philbin met with groans, or did you only discover how bad he was during his tenure?

A lot of people didn't like the fact he was basically a co-OC and didn't call the plays.

I honestly hated him since hard knocks minus his Seinfeld jokes. He was annoying as poo poo to me.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

What was your name before? I completely forgot.

Oh it was

"I'm glad the Bengals lost.

I'm glad because I'm not sure I would be able to hold myself to this decision if they had won.

I had an amazing seat for the game, and was perfectly placed to see the hit made on Giovanni Bernard. This is a kid who has been every bit the upstanding citizen, and builds schools in Haiti with his wealth. What I realized when I was asked to watch a player lower his eyes to the grass and drive the crown of his helmet through Gio's head over and over is that the NFL doesn't care at all about these people. I guess I always knew that but it really drove the point home.

The NFL reviewed the play to see whether their idiotic notion of what is and isn't a catch was held to. They reviewed the play to see whether Gio's wrist touched the ground. They reviewed the play to see if he was able to hold on to a bit of leather as he lost consciousness. They forced us to watch Ryan Shazier do exactly what they claim to be trying to prevent over twenty times. I finally came to terms with the fact that the reason the NFL doesn't make a more serious effort to enforce these penalties is because they don't give a drat about Giovanni Bernard. As I watched fans throw cans and bottles at the officials I realized that had more to do with the colors on the uniforms than the fact that that one hit will almost certainly have a major impact on the kid's life. I like the team because I like the players.

Players don't give a poo poo about personal fouls because they're called arbitrarily, and until the NFL makes personal fouls reviewable I am not consuming another second of football. I should stop outright regardless, but I love the game. I will miss chatting with y'all but I can't justify following a sport that has such flagrant disregard for the welfare of its players. I'll see y'all in other subforums."

I think

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
poo poo I honestly have no clue what that means so thank you

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

sean10mm posted:

Pats OL is almost always overrated because of Brady. They're usually OK but almost never great.

Plus for a long time they held like glue

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah people don't realize how small AB is. He's 5'11 180 that's insane

Even Landry is 5'10 200 lbs

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Hahahaha

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
https://www.google.com/amp/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_59522b86e4b0da2c731e5242/amp

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He's a baller there's no doubt but I await his retirement

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Jesus I agreed with him

That's not that bad

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
3 months or so ago I had a 1.5 month thing with one. It was quite fun. Agreed! But you've gotta be careful if they start saying different then acting

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lol holy crap am honest eagles writer.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Tommy Lawlor is really good but he's too hopeful. He has great analysis but he wants everyone to succeed too much.

He's just refreshing mostly because 90% of my Eagles exposure Is the NFCEast thread and to call them optimistic is an understatement

But its nothing out of the ordinary. I've got Dolphins posters on a fan board who think Miami is easily the AFC #2 behind New England

No not the AFCE... the AFC. Like what?

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jun 29, 2017

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

axeil posted:

SEVEN!? Look at Mr. Optimist here. I'm calling it now. 4 wins and everyone gets fired and Chip Kelly comes back because we deserve nothing but pain and misery.

...Remember when posting that you liked your team and were hopeful/excited was probation worthy so everyone posted like this?

I don't remember it being probation worthy

I also made sure Gendo never had access to pictures of my massive dong so I guess I'm what you call Prepared

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Haha man this is beautiful

*adolf holds out thumb emperor style*
👎🏼

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Maybe tho

Maybe

They should have ?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
DGB was awesome because he's just such a massive being. He didn't run routes just kinda tried to get open

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
God I can't wait for....

Timmons?
Alonso?

To destroy him.
Well, tackle him.
Get in his way.

poo poo

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Hm let's rank the best undefeated teams of all time