Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

He wasn't blackballed, guys! Teams just totally don't want to sign him for whatever individual reason they have. Honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Partly explains them going all Hail Satan for Mahomes.

Betchya Alex Smith ends up on the Jaguars when he is cut by the Chiefs.

Or he'll come back to the bay and retire a 49er, after they miss out on all the good QBs in next year's draft. Probably would do well with Shanahan.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Peachfart posted:

Has there been any reports saying Kaep wants starter money or are you just making poo poo up?

It's a lie, and has been denied repeatedly by several people, including Kap.

I gotta say, though, the Seahawks' reason for not signing him has so far been the "best." The Giants' reason was pretty good, but not quite to the level of Seattle's sophistry.

Edit: Did it get linked here? In case you didn't see it:

https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/871780392700968964

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jun 5, 2017

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's a loving crime that Moss never got a ring.

gently caress you Tyree.

Blame the Ravens.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

No, I blame Harbaugh for the worst loving end of game goal line play calling of all time.

So bad that Pete Carroll decided to copy it a few years later.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

There needs to be a 30 for 30 on the downfall of the NFC West. Between 2012-2015 it was the best division in football with the 49ers and Seahawks set to be the next big rivalry for a decade. Now both teams have hilariously imploded partly because of what they did at the end of a Super Bowl.

It really made, and continues to make me laugh; the Seahawks, in many ways, copied the 49ers' team building to start their own ascension (they signed McCloughan right after the Niners fired him, ffs), and they seem dead set on following the exact trajectory downward as well.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Chichevache posted:

Iirc, you had Colin "Peter North" Kaepernick slinging tightropes on fade routes. At least pick plays actually make sense in the endzone.

Like throwing a slant to noted route runner Ricardo Lockette? :v:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

MrLogan posted:

AFCWest was the best division in football in 2014 & 2015 (and 2016 and will be again in 2017...). NFCWest only had a two year overlap of good Niners and Seattle.

2014 was the year the Cardinals started to look like a juggernaut (pre Palmer injury), and the AFC West wasn't even the best division in the conference :confused:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

the NFC West had 2 good teams in 2014, Cards and Seahawks. AFC West had 3, but yeah the AFC North was the best that year

Both the Cardinals and Seahawks looked like SB contenders in 2014, though (also in 2015, tbh). Wasn't that the year the Chiefs never threw a TD pass to a wideout :shrug:?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

whypick1 posted:

That was indeed '14

So many tiny numbers for those WRs

AJ Jenkins. There's a name I hoped to never see again. Wonder if he's still trying to bulk up.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Chichevache posted:

Mike Williams

You'll need to be more specific.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

whypick1 posted:

That video is glorious :allears:

Seriously. Who knew the Jets have even worse WRs than QBs.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Keep working hard and things will get better

:allears:

That's adorable.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Also just remembered Atlanta stole free agency

Derrick Shelby is a starting RE in the NFL and he'll shock falcons fans

As long as the fans he shocks aren't women in nightclubs, that's okay.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
https://twitter.com/by_JBH/status/875502853661392897

Welp.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Shangri-Law School posted:

What did Kaep even do to the Raiders? :confused:

The 49ers became relevant again (however briefly) before the Raiders did, and that cannot be tolerated.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Keith Atherton posted:

Wasn't he real bad last year though? Like skying passes over dudes heads and beaning people on the sidelines?

I dont know what kind of a contract he's expecting

Pretty sure you're thinking of the year before, when he was trying to play through shoulder injuries. Last year he was solid.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Febreeze posted:

He had a few really terrible games last year (The Bears game) but he also looked like old Kaep a few times too. It didn't matter, the 49ers were so bad everyone assumes he was the problem, he wasn't really the problem.

Worth noting that the Bears game was played in the snow, and the 49ers had an absolutely horrid gameplan with no adjustments made whatsoever. If there was a game to sour you on Chip Kelly, that was it.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I am excited to watch my team, the Titans of Tennessee, play football games in a few months time.

I am also excited to watch your team, the Titans of Tennessee, play football games in a few months. Hopefully, cheering for Mariota and Walker will distract me from the depressing sinkhole that is my team, the Nine-and-Forty of San Franciscose.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
How good is your team's fanbase? Probably lovely, if you're not a fan of the NFC East or the Pats. Here, have a look.

https://scholarblogs.emory.edu/esma/2017/06/17/nfl-fan-base-and-brand-rankings-2017/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Strobe posted:

I love this video, because he throws off his back foot in stride, doesn't follow through at all, throws it sidearm across his body to his receiver.

And it still goes 50 goddamn yards in the air.

This is why he was basically everyone's favorite player in the draft, even though no one has any clue if he'll be able to play in the NFL or not.

• Locked thread