Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Rumor has Leonard Williams being a Good Guy and tossing Darron Lee around for being drunk and creepy.

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/871390726831132676

Not going to lie, I was upset we took Cooper instead of Williams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
Next year will have the best FA QB crop in the history of football. It will be very interesting to see how it works out.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

a patagonian cavy posted:

that was this year but it ended with Mike loving Glennon getting $16m for his first year, both romo and cutty retiring for TV, and nobody wanting to take a flier on Kaep because he's radioactive

there are maybe, maybe two worthwhile QBs to hit FA every decade and that's peyton and I can't think of who else in the last decade

Cousins, Smith, and Brees is much better than what was available this year.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

fsif posted:

None of these late rear end releases make sense, but this is such a barren time of the year for NFL news that I welcome Free Agency Part II and hope it becomes an annual event.

June 1st cuts for cap space have been a thing for a while.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

MrSargent posted:

Out of curiosity, I looked at CJ2K's career stats just to see how he compares to RBs that are potential HoFers. After looking at several players, and this is definitely some of the homer in me, but I can't get over just how incredible of a career Frank Gore has had in the NFL. He has 9 seasons of over 1k rushing yards, and his lowest yardage total was his Rookie year with 608 yards. His latest 1k+ season came last year, his 12TH SEASON in the league. Excluding his rookie year, he has had at least 200 rushing attempts in every year of his career which is a testament to his durability at a brutal position, while maintaining a career YPC of 4.4 over the span of nearly 3000 rushing attempts. Are there any other examples of a running back playing at this high of a level for over a decade?

Steven Jackson has 8 1,000 yard seasons in a row.

efb

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

There needs to be a 30 for 30 on the downfall of the NFC West. Between 2012-2015 it was the best division in football with the 49ers and Seahawks set to be the next big rivalry for a decade. Now both teams have hilariously imploded partly because of what they did at the end of a Super Bowl.

AFCWest was the best division in football in 2014 & 2015 (and 2016 and will be again in 2017...). NFCWest only had a two year overlap of good Niners and Seattle.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ostentatious posted:

Randy Moss is good

Agreed. Almost as good as TO was.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Hot Diggity! posted:

Greg Robinson traded to the Lions for a 6th

How did the Rams manage to get nothing of value from all their picks from the RG3 trade?

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

The problem is that the Jaguars have a bottom-3 OL in the league and did fuckall to address it.

Worst o-lines:
1. Seattle
2. Cincy
3. Jacksonville

Checks out.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Volkerball posted:

Yeah in 2015 he was horrible, and got outright benched for Gabbert. He was actually alright last year tho?

Kaep was better last year than at least couple of guys who are projected to be starting this year. Also, he should be 100% recovered from his surgery now. He is absolutely being blackballed.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I used to think the Raiders posters were good but they were actually always bad. Troubling.

Can confirm. We were always bad.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

I was hoping his contract would be in the $22m-$23m range. :( Not sure how we are going to extend Jackson this year and still have the money to extend Mack next year.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

evilweasel posted:

reportedly he does want to win without brady to show it was all him

Considering all the non-Brady QBs have better records, I don't think it's an issue.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

sean10mm posted:

For me, Jeff Fisher will always be the definitive example of absolute mediocrity hiding behind fake tough guy bluster. Watching him suffer is like a cold beer on a hot day for me. :allears:

Jeff Fisher, TIED for most losses ever, because of course he did. 17 fewer wins than Dan Reeves though.

Still can't believe that they fired him on a Tuesday before a Thursday night game so that he wouldn't break the record.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Hooray! Worried we were going to let him walk. Guess the Raiders are drafting a tackle with a high pick next year.

• Locked thread