Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

It's a low bar in Tampa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

hey guys apparently cam newton is the 3rd most accurate qb in the league

quote:

More from Fahey:
4. In reply to someone mentioning Cian's exclusion of below 10 yard accuracy "There were a couple reasons for this, but one id like to highlight: For some reason "accurate" QBs can be bad deep passers."
5. "Benjamin cost Cam Newton 13 receptions on accurate throws last year, more than any other Panthers WR"
6. "Cam Newton's yards per attempt ranked 24th in the league last year. When you adjust for quality of receivers he ranked third."
7. "Kirk Cousins' Lost Yardage (yards lost to receiver error) over 16 games: 181 yards. Cam Newton Lost Yardage from Weeks 1-3: 118 yards."
8. "When people use accurate as a lone descriptor they are typically talking about guys who complete a lot of passes, creates misrepresentation."

kalli when you're bored at work tomorrow please tell me how any sane human gets to these numbers

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I understand the difference in accuracy v completion/attempt but if Cam newton was really some super accurate passer you'd expect that to correlate into something like higher YAC, especially with passes under 10 yards, which the panthers really bad at.

like all of his examples of accuracy involve a twenty yard pass that a wide receiver has to jump and go to the ground to catch.

that doesn't strike me as accuracy.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

pay this goddamn man

quote:

Appearing on Adam Schefter's Know Them From Adam podcast, Greg Olsen wouldn't rule out holding out of training camp in hopes of a new contract.

Olsen has two years remaining on his deal at base salaries of $6.5 million. In annual average, he makes less than Charles Clay. Olsen has proven he's one of the league's best tight ends and most reliable, having not missed a game since 2007. When asked directly by Schefter if he'd skip the start of camp, Olsen said it's "too early" to say. He turned 32 in March and said he thinks he can play another 5-6 seasons.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

Generally when someone says "I can play another 5-6 seasons" it means they can play 2-3 realistically. Greg is the drat man, but your body is going to start to breakdown, third leg or not.

He's the only receiver the Panthers have who's worth a poo poo.

I don't care what he's saying to create leverage.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Nice.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chiefs reacted to the news of Carr's contract by extending andy reid
oh god he won a power struggle we've seen this movie before

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he somehow ended up in Atlanta like Pioli did.

Blank loves acquiring front office people and making up titles for them.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

rotoworld with dat shade

quote:

Jets owner Woody Johnson has been officially nominated to be the United States' ambassador to the United Kingdom.

The move had been rumored since January. It had been delayed for reasons unknown by president Donald Trump. It isn't uncharted territory for a 21st century NFL owner, as Johnson will join the late, great Dan Rooney as a United States ambassador. Rooney was Barack Obama's ambassador to Ireland from 2009-12. It's unclear how the appointment will affect Johnson's football duties. Rooney remained involved with the Steelers during his time in Ireland. Ambassador of the United States to the Court of St James's is an important position. It's unclear what makes Johnson qualified.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

via con dios jim.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Might as well eat it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Rabbits good eating

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Trying to appeal to the underserved Washington racists demographic.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/879423672301346816

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I think you can make an argument that was the worst sports loss of all time.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

a neat cape posted:

The Warriors blew a 3-1 lead in the finals

its different with basketball

the falcons just had to run the clock out and they won.

instead.....

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

What a waste.

Also Thomas Davis wants an extension, meaning one last paycheck before he retires to the coaching staff.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Why would you want to get a logo on your tooth that makes it look like you have a nasty rear end cavity? Get a tattoo maybe but on your tooth?

It could be both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Reggie White was really good.

keep in mind one of his arms is broken here. Also that's Larry Allen he's son'ing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfyofwO776s

• Locked thread